I have searched google for "T-Mobile Driftwood Release" and most websites come back as saying September is the month that it will be released.

I also went to a T-Mobile store and they said that they were expecting a new Blackberry to come out in September.

...but then I look at these forums and I keep seeing January and December? Which is correct?
    08-13-09 11:49 AM
    I was told at a tmobile store Sept 15, but no one can say its that
    08-13-09 11:55 AM
    I wonder when this bad boy is coming out, it's gonna be next years upgrade for me.
    08-13-09 11:57 AM
    I doubt it will be released any time soon. And I don't think the tmo onyx is the driftwood
    08-13-09 12:09 PM
    Definitely not September anymore. The September release rumor you are talking about was originated at Boy Genius Report. They claimed that 2 independent sources told them at the Driftwood was going to T-mobile in September. Since then, all news has switched to The onyx and ATT. There is proof that att has started field testing already, and not a peep about tmo. Chances are ATTs Onyx (which is the equivalent of tmos driftwood) is coming earlier, possibly September but i doubt it. My guess is that driftwood comes around Christmas time or early 2010. Don't hold you breath.
    08-13-09 12:49 PM
    I agree that the release will be very late this year. Hopefully, around Christmas...but I won't be shocked at a 2010 Q1 release. I would rather that AT&T release a well-tested device. In the meantime, my Bold is a great comfort and a lot of fun to use while we all wait.
    08-13-09 04:41 PM
    Doesn't matter for me as long as it's close to the end of December that's my two year upgrade!
    08-13-09 04:48 PM
    I also agree about it not being released in September. Despite it being "field tested" on AT&T, this phone hasn't even gone through FCC testing and approval yet.
    08-13-09 04:48 PM
    Doesn't matter for me as long as it's close to the end of December that's my two year upgrade!
    I'll give it till mid to late November. Perfect time for Black Friday.
    08-13-09 04:49 PM
    I wonder when this bad boy is coming out, it's gonna be next years upgrade for me.
    I have a question for you: how do you go from an 8320 Curve to an 8700C?
    08-13-09 04:50 PM
    i don't think september is somewhat realistic. october/november, maybe.
    08-13-09 07:17 PM
    I'm really hoping this thing comes out sooner than later because I'm going to have to buy it from ebay and the longer a phone is out, the cheaper it gets on ebay. i.e. you can get the 8900 for about $380 on ebay
    08-13-09 07:52 PM
    sept? yah right. the storm 2 was suppose to come out june/july. and now look. i would be surprised if the onyx came out on sept. id expect it to drop later
    08-13-09 09:29 PM
    I have a question for you: how do you go from an 8320 Curve to an 8700C?
    He probably had a Curve, then sold it. He may have also had an 8700 as a backup device. I'll be going from my 8900 to an 8700 while waiting for the Driftwood.

I'm really hoping this thing comes out sooner than later because I'm going to have to buy it from ebay and the longer a phone is out, the cheaper it gets on ebay. i.e. you can get the 8900 for about $380 on ebay
    I'm seeing 8900s for $350 or lower. I wish the 8900 held its value like the Bold.
    08-13-09 10:03 PM
    He probably had a Curve, then sold it. He may have also had an 8700 as a backup device. I'll be going from my 8900 to an 8700 while waiting for the Driftwood.

I'm seeing 8900s for $350 or lower. I wish the 8900 held its value like the Bold.
    Wow i wonder where u live, here in NY and NJ Bolds are goin for 300 on CL and 8900s for around 200. Good from a buyer's perspective tho terrible from a seller's! Only phones that hold somewhat value here are iphones due to their hip factor in the city! ::urgh::
    08-13-09 10:17 PM
    No matter when it come out, ill be waiting!
    08-13-09 10:34 PM
    Wow i wonder where u live, here in NY and NJ Bolds are goin for 300 on CL and 8900s for around 200. Good from a buyer's perspective tho terrible from a seller's! Only phones that hold somewhat value here are iphones due to their hip factor in the city! ::urgh::
    I watch HowardForums and Bolds have been for ~$400 since December. The Bold will drop bad when the Onyx comes out though. 8900 values will keep on dropping. Craigslist is lowballer central though. iPhones hold resale value mainly because of the Apple brand. PowerBooks from 3-4 years ago are still at $300-$500 last I checked.
    08-13-09 11:47 PM
    yah, i will be waiting too. but i wont buy the first day. ill let everyone put up their review and then ill decide
    08-14-09 12:06 AM
    I woulnt mind waiting my 2 years is up on Feb. 2010 so anything close to that and its more time to spend with my 8900
    08-14-09 01:58 AM
    don't be surprised if the driftwood comes out before AT&T's onyx. The AT&T people are quick to be optimistic because of this supposed field testing, but we have not seen a production model with logo as yet, unlike Tmobile. And even if it exists, AT&T are the Kings of pushing back.
    08-14-09 08:19 AM
    I watch HowardForums and Bolds have been for ~$400 since December. The Bold will drop bad when the Onyx comes out though. 8900 values will keep on dropping. Craigslist is lowballer central though. iPhones hold resale value mainly because of the Apple brand. PowerBooks from 3-4 years ago are still at $300-$500 last I checked.
    Yepp you are definitely correct sir but you gotta love CL, i just got a brand new Bold, only 2 month old, practically spotless, with all original items for $220. The bold will always hold a special place in my heart though since it has been the most reliable device I've used in my life. I bet bet most would agree with that. I would really like to see how the 9700 would be better than the bold, processing wise, since all that's alluring to me is the fancy of having 3G on my berry!
    08-14-09 10:38 AM
    what is the difference between this one and the onyx
    08-14-09 11:20 AM
    what is the difference between this one and the onyx
    The Driftwood has T-Mobile 3G and the Onyx has support for AT&T and Rogers' 3G.
    08-14-09 02:37 PM
    don't be surprised if the driftwood comes out before AT&T's onyx. The AT&T people are quick to be optimistic because of this supposed field testing, but we have not seen a production model with logo as yet, unlike Tmobile. And even if it exists, AT&T are the Kings of pushing back.
    I beg to differ here...While ATT is known for pushing back phones and having faulty bberry releases, they aren't in any means slow. In fact, I think that ATT is one of the most, if not the most, aggressive cell phone company to obtain the newest "It" phones before any other carrier. ATT has always been known to release the best bberrys first (with exclusivity), so I wouldn't underestimate ATT just yet, they might surprise some of us.

However, as a Tmo fan boy, I am rooting for Tmo to release this device before the money hungry ATT does lol! Go Tmo
    08-15-09 04:41 AM
    I beg to differ here...While ATT is known for pushing back phones and having faulty bberry releases, they aren't in any means slow. In fact, I think that ATT is one of the most, if not the most, aggressive cell phone company to obtain the newest "It" phones before any other carrier. ATT has always been known to release the best bberrys first (with exclusivity), so I wouldn't underestimate ATT just yet, they might surprise some of us.

However, as a Tmo fan boy, I am rooting for Tmo to release this device before the money hungry ATT does lol! Go Tmo
    i 100% agree and im in the same boat as you.
    08-15-09 03:06 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD