Has there ever been a situation where carriers don't sell their phones w/o contracts?

I talked to a T-Mobile rep. and he said they will be releasing the 9900 on Aug 31. but not w/o a contract. I reallyy need to buy the 9900 ASAP since I leave the states on the 3rd of Sept.

Can anyone please tell me they WILL sell them without a contract, I'm willing to pay anywhere from 500-700USD.
    08-24-11 06:42 PM
    If you're leaving the US, you might as well get a Rogers 9900. You'll have 3G in more places outside of the US than with the T-Mobile version. (unless you're leaving for a short period and plan on using the phone on T-Mobile when you get back)
    08-24-11 08:17 PM
    I'm sure they will sell it without a contract. I was in the store today and the rep said all their phones were available off contract you just have to pay full price.
    08-24-11 08:18 PM
    Yeah I am pretty sure you would be able to get one without a contract. May be better that way since it is basically 300$ on contract.....what's another 3 bills right? Lol! Oh that's with a 50 mail in rebate......man I am really missing the old T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 08:27 PM
    If you're leaving the US, you might as well get a Rogers 9900. You'll have 3G in more places outside of the US than with the T-Mobile version. (unless you're leaving for a short period and plan on using the phone on T-Mobile when you get back)
    Does rogers ship outside Canada? I'd love Rogers. I feel US carries all shuck big cojones.

and if they don't ship outside canada, can you recommend a cheap shipping service in Canada?
    08-24-11 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD