Is Tmo supposed to get the Bold at any point or is this more ATT exclusive crap? I'm hoping they realize that not everyone in the US has ATT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 06:11 PM
    I agree.... I've worked for ATT and they are a very crappy company with a mediocre network. The only semi-decent phone they have is iphone and that's a pretty big piece of crap.... I heard Tmobile might get the Bold towards the Holidays.... Either that or the Blackberry Javelin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 06:14 PM
    AT&T exclusive, at least for quite a while!
    woo-hoo!

TMo gets the Javelin. Later.
    08-20-08 06:15 PM
    Blah! I told some friends Tmo would be getting the Bold soon after their 3G launch on 10/1/08. Well this news sucks.

Why is AT&T the one with all the exclusive stuff? iPhone, Bold, Curve 8310 (with SunCom)...what on earth are they offering that they get so many exclusive agreements?

If they offered a decent voice/data plan that didn't cost a bomb, I'd switch when my contract was up. But with Tmo I pay $60/mo for 1000 minutes and unlimited data+text (Blackberry Minutes & Mail). The same thing on AT&T would be $110/mo (900 minutes + Blackberry Personal Bundle).
    08-20-08 10:04 PM
    Blah! I told some friends Tmo would be getting the Bold soon after their 3G launch on 10/1/08. Well this news sucks.

Why is AT&T the one with all the exclusive stuff? iPhone, Bold, Curve 8310 (with SunCom)...what on earth are they offering that they get so many exclusive agreements?

If they offered a decent voice/data plan that didn't cost a bomb, I'd switch when my contract was up. But with Tmo I pay $60/mo for 1000 minutes and unlimited data+text (Blackberry Minutes & Mail). The same thing on AT&T would be $110/mo (900 minutes + Blackberry Personal Bundle).
    you took the words right out of my mouth
    08-20-08 10:30 PM
    Looks like Javelin sometime before Christmas and the Bold in early 2009 for Tmo. Bold might have a better time with 3g on Tmo 1700 umts freq than all the problems with 1900 on AT&T - only time will tell - don't hold your breath! ;+)
    08-20-08 10:57 PM

I dont know, but I presume at&t is bigger, has more subscribers therefore getting the older devices first. As for the BOLD, even if tmobile had more subscribers their 3G network runs on a different frequency from the one the BOLD works with so a manufacturer is not going to release its flagship device on a network where one of the most important new features wont work!

Just because a network charges less it does not make them better. You get what you pay for at the end of the day, in anything.
    08-21-08 02:10 AM

Its all about the $'s - at&t is paying big time for the exclusivity, both in costs to RIM and in subsidies to users. They have the most subscribers largely due to the fact that they have the best phones. Why? They can pay for it because they have the deepest pockets - why? Because they charge the most! haha.. Vicious circle, huh? Anyway, that's my take.

One thing that I don't know about other carriers - do they have the rollover minutes yet? I know that's why I originally went with Cingular way back when, and it saved me a TON compared to a Verizon plan. The basic plan was more money, but not when I compared the fact that my minutes stacked each month. One bad month of over charges at Verizon made up for a year of monthly plan differences at cingular. Maybe that's not the case today - the mobile data costs at at&t are really bad.

To me though, the rollover meant that I never had to think about overages again, and that's been true for nearly 7 years now. Its a nice thing.
    08-21-08 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD