Since it's know that the 9700 will be a Black Friday special for $149.99, how does this apply to those of us who purchased in-store for $199.99 since the 16th? Since it's within the return period window, can we "exchange" it for the discounted price? Or shall I haggle with customer care and ask for $50 discount applied to next bill? Anyone with experience on this? Thanks!
    11-25-09 04:34 PM
    Since it's know that the 9700 will be a Black Friday special for $149.99, how does this apply to those of us who purchased in-store for $199.99 since the 16th? Since it's within the return period window, can we "exchange" it for the discounted price? Or shall I haggle with customer care and ask for $50 discount applied to next bill? Anyone with experience on this? Thanks!
    my recommendation: try haggling with up to 10 different CSRs, and if that doesn't work, then restart account and trade phones because they're being bastards about it.
    11-25-09 04:37 PM
    Unless you find a clueless rep, they will not give you a credit, doing things as such in not in tmo policy. To them that's just your tough luck sir!
    11-25-09 05:05 PM
    I plan on going to my local store where I purchased my phones and getting
    My difference back, most likely though applied to my account

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 05:07 PM
    im pretty sure if you go into the store and show them the receipt they'll give you the $50 back because you could just return the phone and buy it again at $149...
    11-25-09 05:07 PM
    Unless you find a clueless rep, they will not give you a credit, doing things as such in not in tmo policy. To them that's just your tough luck sir!
    Really? Because he could just return it and then re-buy it. Seems a lot easier for them to just give a credit.
    11-25-09 05:11 PM
    My first time hearing about a Black Friday sale for T-Mobile.

Is it $150 for new accounts only? Or is it good with my current account, assuming I'd be extending my contract for another 2 years right?
    11-25-09 08:28 PM

I went into my local T-mobile store and the sale clerk didn't know about the price reduction. Could be telling the truth, or he could be a good poker player.

I did get the form for the phone trade-in rebate. All you really need to known is
    https://www.recyclerebates.com//tm-rim
    The promo code is "FlipToBlackBerry". The rebates are pretty generous. I have an old 7100 and it's worth $75. Any working phone is worth $50. It had better power up is all I was told.

If the Black Friday price is not reduced, I'll wait it out. The rebates are good until Feb 28, 2010.

Incidentally, the build quality on the demo unit was excellent. I looked for all the bugs on the list and found none. My only complaint about the 8700 is the keys are too flat. That said, I could type on it, but it's not as good as my old curve.

FWIW, I'll keep the old Curve. Should there be a quality issue with the new phone, I'll just yank the SIMCARD and rant to get the new phone swapped.
    In theory I will be grandfathered in at my old rates, even for the data plan. I'll believe that when I see it.

11-25-09 10:02 PM
    sounds like you are a petty person if you bought it and then i goes on sale and now you are ******** becouse you didn't get it for that price when you bought it. WAAAAAAAAAAA
    11-25-09 10:16 PM
    sounds like you are a petty person if you bought it and then i goes on sale and now you are ******** becouse you didn't get it for that price when you bought it. WAAAAAAAAAAA
    Uh no. That's called being a smart consumer. If you are within the return period and could return the phone for a full refund for *any* reason, the smart thing to do is try and get a price adjustment. Its not as though T-Mo justy decided a couple of days ago to run this sale, they knew when they released the phone. They are banking on there being less "petty" people asking for a price adjustment and that way they still make more in the long run. At only 10 days into my purchase, you can bet I'm going to at least attempt to pay the market rate for the phone. On Black Friday that happens to be $50 cheaper. Your petty is just smart economics to me.

11-25-09 10:46 PM
    I paid the full price of $450 for the phone. Are they reducing $50 off the full price purchase as well or just for new contract customers?
    11-25-09 10:50 PM
    i think its only for new accounts and upgrades...
    11-25-09 10:55 PM

I went into my local T-mobile store and the sale clerk didn't know about the price reduction. Could be telling the truth, or he could be a good poker player.

I did get the form for the phone trade-in rebate. All you really need to known is
    The promo code is "FlipToBlackBerry". The rebates are pretty generous. I have an old 7100 and it's worth $75. Any working phone is worth $50. It had better power up is all I was told.

If the Black Friday price is not reduced, I'll wait it out. The rebates are good until Feb 28, 2010.

Incidentally, the build quality on the demo unit was excellent. I looked for all the bugs on the list and found none. My only complaint about the 8700 is the keys are too flat. That said, I could type on it, but it's not as good as my old curve.

FWIW, I'll keep the old Curve. Should there be a quality issue with the new phone, I'll just yank the SIMCARD and rant to get the new phone swapped.
    In theory I will be grandfathered in at my old rates, even for the data plan. I'll believe that when I see it.

well that is great news , let me tell you a few days ago i heard about this recycle rebate program here on the site called TMO and askd the guy about it he said it was expired a week ago i guess he had no CLUE!!!!

i will look into this as well thanks for the info!!!
    11-25-09 11:12 PM

i tryd it

what is the " Enter voucher NO" is asking for
    11-26-09 12:03 AM
    The voucher is for some college promotion. I don't have that code. You should be able to put FlipToBlackberry in the other box. The store should have the rebate form, though it is just an instruction sheet. The actual rebate is on the net.

Last edited by gariac; 11-26-09 at 04:57 AM.
    11-26-09 04:55 AM
    The voucher is for some college promotion. I don't have that code. You should be able to put FlipToBlackberry in the other box. The store should have the rebate form, though it is just an instruction sheet. The actual rebate is on the net.

Thanks alot i find it its awsome!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    11-26-09 08:24 AM
    Too bad T-Mobile isn't offering it for $50 after rebate like AT&T is.
    11-26-09 10:25 AM
    my store always sells it for 150, tomorrow 100
    11-26-09 11:05 AM
    my store always sells it for 150, tomorrow 100
    Where are you located?

11-26-09 11:24 AM
    Get it for $149.99 the next few days! For new or existing customers (upgrading).
    11-26-09 02:41 PM
    Get it for $149.99 the next few days! For new or existing customers (upgrading).
    When I log in to upgrade it still shows $199.99 for me.
    11-26-09 02:44 PM
    If you search for the BB9700 on the tmo site it shows as free but when you click thru it shows $149.99. Anyone figure this out?
    11-26-09 04:32 PM
    If you search for the BB9700 on the tmo site it shows as free but when you click thru it shows $149.99. Anyone figure this out?
    I just notied this too! Wonder what they'll be offering tomorrow. They may have matched the AT&T Bold 9700 free for new customers deal found on the WireFly website. Search there (WireFly) for Black Friday and you'll find it.
    11-26-09 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD