I see a lot of people with a 9700 that came with .330 from T-Mobile but I ordered mine on friday and got it today and it came with 5.0.0.586 (Platform 5.1.0.146) Should I upgrade to the latest OS out or would you give this OS a go?

Thanks for your help. I love this site.
    05-10-10 01:59 PM
    Cool! Current 9700 owners are getting an official T-Mo .586 sometime soon. The actual release of the OS was pushed back, though, so it's cool that yours came w/ it already installed. I'd play around w/ it. There are a couple of newer unofficial OS's out there, but the .586 is the newest official one for T-Mo (or will be when it finally gets released).
    05-10-10 02:02 PM
    I got my last 9700 from tmob customer service and it came with .586 and it seemed alright, but after a full day or two of using it I switched to .656 and it was far better.
    05-10-10 02:05 PM
    So far its good, this is my first BB with OS 5 My 8310 has 4.5 on it. So now I have two phone lines both BB and I love them both
    05-10-10 02:23 PM
    Pi Guy, what did you find better or enhanced upon upgrading to .656?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 02:25 PM
    Pretty much everything is better. The 3g connectivity RARELY goes to EDGE anymore, wifi connection hasn't dropped once since the update, the battery life is the same (its hard to tell any difference b/c this phone has an awesome battery life), and the browser/app world/pandora etc is noticeably faster and more stable.
    05-10-10 02:32 PM
    No TMobile is not delaying the release. They are only delaying the OTA release. I talked to a representive today. The OTA release they claimed was causing too much network congestion. The .586 release can be found on their website.
    05-10-10 03:07 PM
    Get to KNOW your device as is... right now you will not be able to get back to .586 for a while if you have issues... T-Mobile still has .330 on it's download site... we might not see .586 for a few weeks yet... and there is not really much of noticeable difference between what you have now and the latest official OS, or the latest leaked BETA OS... leave good enough alone!!!
    05-10-10 03:12 PM
    Did these phones that came preloaded with .586 come with myFaves and Mobile Backup? If not, was there still a card in the box that said those things would be available in a future update?

05-10-10 04:33 PM
    Did these phones that came preloaded with .586 come with myFaves and Mobile Backup? If not, was there still a card in the box that said those things would be available in a future update?

I got a replacement so they didn't ship anything else but bare phone. The mobile backup was on the phone, and I have no idea about the myfaves cause I never have used it.
    05-10-10 04:56 PM

I don't believe myFaves worked with ANY OS 5.0 version, nor was TMO going to bring it forward.
    05-10-10 05:01 PM
    I dont have myFaves , but I do have a bunch of other crap im going to delete

I do have Mobile Backup and I turn it off, as I use contacts in google.
    Last edited by c3ntauri; 05-10-10 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Wrong info
    05-10-10 05:13 PM
    No TMobile is not delaying the release. They are only delaying the OTA release. I talked to a representive today. The OTA release they claimed was causing too much network congestion. The .586 release can be found on their website.
    Can you provide a link? I can only find the 330 version on TMO website.
    Thanks
    05-10-10 05:28 PM
    Can you provide a link? I can only find the 330 version on TMO website.
    Thanks
    I think he means it will be available on their website, when it becomes available.
    05-10-10 06:29 PM
    If you download the leaked .586 on Crackberry it's going to be the same .586 on T-Mobile's website. So you can download it now if you want...
    05-10-10 06:32 PM
    I dont have myFaves , but I do have a bunch of other crap im going to delete

I do have Mobile Backup and I turn it off, as I use contacts in google.
    I also use google sync for my contacts and calendar. Shut the T-Mobile sync off after I downloaded all my contacts to the site just in case. Also have the paid version of Smrtguard for my 3rd back up. I have many contacts and had a close call and never want to loose them. Other then the back up there isn't a heck of allot different then the older OS. Waited a long time for nothing I think, I'm jumping to either 593 or 656.
    05-10-10 06:34 PM
    I don't believe myFaves worked with ANY OS 5.0 version, nor was TMO going to bring it forward.
    I know for a fact it was included and working in a previous OS leak for the 9700. It had to be 5.0 as I've never had anything lower than 5.0.0.330. It was working just fine but then disappeared (probably because of a service book). This was definitely a newer version of the myFaves app, because when you highlighted a contact in the carousel, there were additional options I never had before like "send wave".

When I got the phone, it included a card that says "This BlackBerry Bold 9700 does not have the myFaves and T-Mobile Backup software features pre-installed on the device.
    [...]
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope to provide these features to you via software update very soon."

05-10-10 07:12 PM
    I just recently upgraded from .330 to .586 using the crackberry download and it's running great, my phone would sometimes reboot itself if I used the voice dial while using .330, but on .586 it hasn't done it yet, so that's fixed. also after I did the upgrade I got a message on the blackberry asking me if I want to enable mobile backup, I clicked no since I use desktop manager and do backups with that. But all in all .586 is a definite upgrade to .330, and I'll wait for T-mobile to offer a newer version than .586 before leaving this os, or if something turns up wrong with .586 that hasn't reared up yet, then we'll see...
    05-10-10 08:01 PM
    I would definitely recommend upgraded your software to version .656 if I was you... By far the best OS for us T-Mobile customers

05-10-10 08:52 PM
    Pretty much everything is better. The 3g connectivity RARELY goes to EDGE anymore, wifi connection hasn't dropped once since the update, the battery life is the same (its hard to tell any difference b/c this phone has an awesome battery life), and the browser/app world/pandora etc is noticeably faster and more stable.
    Looks like I'm going to .656 tonight after work!

05-10-10 09:22 PM
    it's the 11th....where's .586 T-m0bile?
    05-10-10 11:04 PM
    You can find it here on Crackberry or you can find it on TMobile's website. The customer service representive told me they released it there, but are not releasing an OTA update anytime soon due to network congestion.
    05-10-10 11:08 PM
    it's the 11th....
    Depends on where you're from
    05-10-10 11:08 PM
    Is it really worth it from .330 to upgrade? I have had no issues really with .330 and afraid I may not see much a difference or might run into problems I didn't have...

05-10-10 11:26 PM
    You can find it here on Crackberry or you can find it on TMobile's website. The customer service representive told me they released it there, but are not releasing an OTA update anytime soon due to network congestion.
    Customer service is a bunch of idiots,never believe what they tell you. 330 is the only download on their website.As far as I know the only .586 on Crackberry is not the T-mobile one.Yes I know as long as the software version is the same than they should be the same, however we're still not sure if there were some minor tweaks in the T-mobile version which should fix the 3g to GPRS issue.
    05-11-10 12:06 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD