phonegeek, how are the units you guys are testing working out? and do you see a close launch date
    We've highlighted a backup issue that I have seen a few people here experience. That seems to only happen to some units under specific circumstances and is difficult to replicate. I suspect (EMPHASIS ON SUSPECT) that units are shipping now and we will see a quick TA date within the next week and release within a day or two after that.

At this point you may know before I do because we have been holding TA's until the very last minute and the advertising may start just ahead of release...
    10-01-08 11:12 PM
    the lady that i spoke with that works for one of the depts at AT&T said that the winners of the bold contest will be receiving their bolds every shortly and this was about a week ago...you think they would ship them out knowing they have these problems?
    10-01-08 11:16 PM
    Yep. It's a minor issue (unless you are experiencing it of course ) and it doesn't effect every device and has been almost impossible to replicate.

I even shipped them a backup file from before so they could attempt to replicate my apps, everything.

I don't see this holding things up, I haven't tried to go back to .147 and retry but I may if we don't see something by the weekend.
    10-01-08 11:21 PM
    alright, sounds good thanx
    10-01-08 11:22 PM
    After reading feedback from users who downloaded .154, that OS just seems to be buggy for many people. Just wonder if At&t should test .162 or something. But then again, maybe .154 on At&t's BOLD may be more solid.
    10-01-08 11:22 PM
    After reading feedback from users who downloaded .154, that OS just seems to be buggy for many people. Just wonder if At&t should test .162 or something. But then again, maybe .154 on At&t's BOLD may be more solid.
    Hi Garz,

Other than the backup issue that others here have noted .154 has been the most stable OS so far of the ones that have been released to us for field trial. I too see a lot of positive comments about .162 and that's great. Sometimes we see 7 of 10 things working great, we get a new release that fixes the remaining 3 but 2 things that worked fine before don't now so it seems to be real hit and miss.

Not seen any restarts or any major issues with this release on at&t's net. both 2G and 3G.
    10-01-08 11:58 PM
    all hopes the cold releases as soon as it can during this month. I can't wait to get my sweaty hands on it.
    10-02-08 12:18 AM
    Hi Garz,

Other than the backup issue that others here have noted .154 has been the most stable OS so far of the ones that have been released to us for field trial. I too see a lot of positive comments about .162 and that's great. Sometimes we see 7 of 10 things working great, we get a new release that fixes the remaining 3 but 2 things that worked fine before don't now so it seems to be real hit and miss.

Not seen any restarts or any major issues with this release on at&t's net. both 2G and 3G.

Thanks for your input PG!
    10-02-08 12:20 AM
    Thanks for your input PG!
    You know I have read a lot of comments by others that don't think .154 is very good and I have to wonder about hardware. Interestingly enough they sent us new hardware again with .154. In my mind there has to be a reason for that and the date on the hardware was 9/1/08 so while some people have had issues with .154 is it possible that was on earlier released HW?

Just rambling thoughts...
    10-02-08 12:26 AM
    You know I have read a lot of comments by others that don't think .154 is very good and I have to wonder about hardware. Interestingly enough they sent us new hardware again with .154. In my mind there has to be a reason for that and the date on the hardware was 9/1/08 so while some people have had issues with .154 is it possible that was on earlier released HW?

Just rambling thoughts...

So I take it At&t's BOLDS will have newer hardware? If so then thats good news!
    10-02-08 12:29 AM
    So I take it At&t's BOLDS will have newer hardware? If so then thats good news!
    We have been given three different devices since it went to field trial 1st week of july. 2nd device came around the time of the launch everywhere else and the third device came 2nd week of september and carried a SMTDate of 9/1/08...

Seems like a reasonable conclusion to draw.
    10-02-08 12:47 AM
    New info posted on the BB Forums and hopefully this pans and seems like this is in line with what PG said as well:

AT&T Bold Training Starts Oct 16th / Launch On The 20th | BlackBerryNews.com
    10-02-08 07:07 AM
    We have been given three different devices since it went to field trial 1st week of july. 2nd device came around the time of the launch everywhere else and the third device came 2nd week of september and carried a SMTDate of 9/1/08...

Seems like a reasonable conclusion to draw.
    Hi phonegeek,

Thanks for all the info.

Is the SMTdate you mentioned printed on a label inside the phone or can it be found somewhere else on production models, or possibly even on an nformation screen?

Just curious to know how old my just purchased (from O2) Bold actually is!
    10-02-08 09:57 AM
    As previously stated, I absolutely could not wait for AT&T foolishness. Do not get me wrong. AT&T is awesome. I have been a long time client but when I went to the store to get it set up they were really honest and told me that Apple is the hold up. Basically Apple knows that the New Bold will cut into their market share and since AT&T has subsidized Apple's Iphone hence this is why the launch is being pushed back. The rumor about their being problems with the BOLD on the 3G network is rediculous. AT&T will push it back as far as it can which is not far because Verizon's Storm will be launching in November as well.
    10-02-08 12:04 PM
    As previously stated, I absolutely could not wait for AT&T foolishness. Do not get me wrong. AT&T is awesome. I have been a long time client but when I went to the store to get it set up they were really honest and told me that Apple is the hold up. Basically Apple knows that the New Bold will cut into their market share and since AT&T has subsidized Apple's Iphone hence this is why the launch is being pushed back. The rumor about their being problems with the BOLD on the 3G network is rediculous. AT&T will push it back as far as it can which is not far because Verizon's Storm will be launching in November as well.
    LOL!!!! The HONEST things employees will say @ AT&T. We've heard some wild stories about the delay of this device, but phone geek has cleared it up several times.
    10-02-08 12:22 PM
    This has been answered before and there is no truth to it at all.
    10-02-08 12:22 PM
    Hi phonegeek,

Thanks for all the info.

Is the SMTdate you mentioned printed on a label inside the phone or can it be found somewhere else on production models, or possibly even on an nformation screen?

Just curious to know how old my just purchased (from O2) Bold actually is!
    On devices I have tested there is a sticker under the battery that lists several thinks including the IMEI, etc. The SMTDate is one of those items.
    10-02-08 12:25 PM
    I took what they told me with a "grain of salt". Though it makes sense to me I truly do not understand what the hold up could be. RIM's stock price has plummeted over the last couple of weeks so I am truly perplexed as to the hold up. Oh well, for those who are waiting, good luck.
    10-02-08 12:30 PM
    I took what they told me with a "grain of salt". Though it makes sense to me I truly do not understand what the hold up could be. RIM's stock price has plummeted over the last couple of weeks so I am truly perplexed as to the hold up. Oh well, for those who are waiting, good luck.
    Search through phonegeeks posts that will give you a very good idea of what the hold up is truly.
    10-02-08 12:51 PM
    The whole story about the bold being delayed because of the iphone isn't really that farfetched of an idea. I know its not true nor do I believe it myself, but if it was true I honestly wouldn't be suprised. It just seems like something apple would do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 12:55 PM
    The whole story about the bold being delayed because of the iphone isn't really that farfetched of an idea. I know its not true nor do I believe it myself, but if it was true I honestly wouldn't be suprised. It just seems like something apple would do.

apple is powerful but at&t is not exactly a new kid on the block. apple is definitely worth keeping around for at&t, but not at the expense of RIM.
    10-02-08 02:02 PM
    Mid October
    10-02-08 02:10 PM
    I just got off the phone with a phone tech from ATT. I relayed some issues I was having with my 8800 while I was waiting for the Bold (i was trying to get an el-cheapo refurb) and he told me that he just found out yesterday that it was still going to be another couple of months for the Bold release and that they were having issues with the 3g portion of the phone [no details].

Everyone talks and everyone wants to know something, but he seemed more depressed about it than me, so who knows, might be some facts... So Christmas time release? This sucks...
    10-02-08 02:59 PM
    All I want is my bold. I'm a simple man..... JUST GIVE ME MY DAMN PHONE! Oh well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the 20th.
    10-02-08 06:35 PM
    I just got off the phone with a phone tech from ATT. I relayed some issues I was having with my 8800 while I was waiting for the Bold (i was trying to get an el-cheapo refurb) and he told me that he just found out yesterday that it was still going to be another couple of months for the Bold release and that they were having issues with the 3g portion of the phone [no details].

Everyone talks and everyone wants to know something, but he seemed more depressed about it than me, so who knows, might be some facts... So Christmas time release? This sucks...
    seems like you were fed a bunch of bs. at least i hope so... all the info we're hearing directly contradicts this.

10-02-08 07:41 PM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD