Got a Bold last week (and love it!).

The CV (Cellular Video) was fun to tinker with, and look at CNN headlines, etc.

It worked for the first several days and now when I click the CV icon and choose a video it brings me to a page that says I have to sign up for a MediaNet plan. I've got a BlackBerry unlimited plan (BIS). When I upgraded to the Bold I asked if CV was included the AT&T rep I bought it from said that the BB Unlimited included everything but SMS and tethering.

What's the deal? Do I need another data plan for CV?
    11-11-08 08:29 PM
    no the bb plan is all you need, try removing the battery completely and trying it again, should work just fine.
    11-11-08 08:31 PM
    At&t may need to update your data plan from the $29.99 to the $30.00 one.
    11-11-08 08:46 PM
    I have the unlimited bb plan. And my CV didn't work. I had to call AT&T and they fixed it. It wasn't anything with the phone. Something on the account.
    11-11-08 08:57 PM
    As mentioned above you need to call AT&T and they should be able to fix it pretty easily. There's a know issue with people who already had a BIS plan and upgraded to the Bold (rather than signing up for a new plan) where the CV doesn't get included automatically. Though not sure how you were able to access it for the first couple days.
    11-11-08 09:01 PM
    As mentioned above you need to call AT&T and they should be able to fix it pretty easily. There's a know issue with people who already had a BIS plan and upgraded to the Bold (rather than signing up for a new plan) where the CV doesn't get included automatically. Though not sure how you were able to access it for the first couple days.
    Went through the same thing call AT&T and they will fix.
    11-11-08 09:03 PM
    your mms messaging, cell video and media net are on att server
    i spent 5 days talking to techs and reps with no fic
    i found a fix here
    called att and told them to repartition,reconfigure and sen latest updats
    that was 3 weeks ago and haven;t hAad a problem since
    everything is working
    hope this help
    12-25-08 10:34 AM
    It is an issue with the plan. You can do this yourself online or call at&t. Remove the data plan and re-add the plan.
    12-25-08 12:26 PM
    I have the same problem with AT&T, namely no medianet, CV and I can't even use my slingplayer mobile because AT&T says I have to add medianet for $30/month. I currently have an old plan that is no longer offered which is the Blackberry unlimited w/ unlimited International roaming plan for $69.95/month. I spend 2-3 months travelling outside the U.S. every year and I never have to worry about overages. When I tried to add medianet, I was told that I would have to change my bberry plan also and there is no longer an international bberry unlimited data package. If I switch my plan, I can never get it back. Which means, I am stuck! I think it is bull that you can have an unlimited data plan that is not really an unlimited data plan. AT&T differentiates between what is data and what is BBerry data. I feel like filing a class action lawsuit against AT&T. I would have never bought the Bold (upgraded from Curve) if I knew I would not be able to use most of the cool features on it.

Needless to say, there is nothing really unlimited about an unlimited bberry plan unless you are only concerned with sending and receiving thousands of emails a day and surfing through the internet browser (which does not support any streaming video or music).
    07-14-09 02:49 AM
    I think it is bull that you can have an unlimited data plan that is not really an unlimited data plan. AT&T differentiates between what is data and what is BBerry data. I feel like filing a class action lawsuit against AT&T. I would have never bought the Bold (upgraded from Curve) if I knew I would not be able to use most of the cool features on it.

Needless to say, there is nothing really unlimited about an unlimited bberry plan unless you are only concerned with sending and receiving thousands of emails a day and surfing through the internet browser (which does not support any streaming video or music).
    Do you think you have it bad? I am on their unlimited BES plan, which is $10/month more expensive than the unlimited BIS plan. So, you would think that CV/MediaNet would also be included free in this more expensive plan, right? Wrong! Those bastards want me to fork up an extra $10/month just for CV.

This policy of theirs is simply wrong and unfair.

Anyway, you're not missing out much with CV. It wasn't wifi compatible and quality is choppy at best. I found it needing to buffer to often to make it worth while.
    07-14-09 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD