Was at a party with a corporate AT&T rep friend of mine this weekend. I asked him if the Bold launch date was really Oct 15ish. He corrected me and said that they had internally been told Nov 1. Obviously, it is not out until it is out, but that is the latest info the reps had.

Also, he told me that he has a microcell, and it may not work well with blackberries (has not worked well with his Bold 9000). So be sure to test it well with your phone and return if necessary.

Obviously, I don't post much -- so feel free to bash my credibility. But I figure there is someone out there that is about to make a purchase decision and might want to know this to factor into their decision.
    10-05-09 10:29 AM
    I just looked at the calendar and Nov 1. is a Sunday. I assume they would launch on the 2nd. Ain't gonna be this month.
    10-05-09 10:34 AM
    10-07-09 09:22 AM
    November 1 is still less than a month away. At least the release date is growing ever closer.
    10-07-09 09:41 AM
    You have to believe the 9700 is about to drop soon so anytime late Oct. or early Nov. is halfway credible. I just left a corporate store 30 miles east of Atl. Some of you know this store. I was there to play with the HTC pure. I asked a guy there if he had heard any mumblings from anyone about the 9700. He said don't look for it anytime before mid next year because he hasn't heard anything about it yet. I smiled and said that there is lots on the net about a late 09 release to witch he smiled and said don't believe the phone sites. The forum nerd in me wanted to stay and tell him the error of his ways but I didn't want to be "that guy". I just figure I'll wait til it releases it in late october/early november and buy it from him... who knows he may be right...
    10-07-09 12:08 PM
    You really don't need to start a new thread to post this.
    10-07-09 12:14 PM
    You have to believe the 9700 is about to drop soon so anytime late Oct. or early Nov. is halfway credible. I just left a corporate store 30 miles east of Atl. Some of you know this store. I was there to play with the HTC pure. I asked a guy there if he had heard any mumblings from anyone about the 9700. He said don't look for it anytime before mid next year because he hasn't heard anything about it yet. I smiled and said that there is lots on the net about a late 09 release to witch he smiled and said don't believe the phone sites. The forum nerd in me wanted to stay and tell him the error of his ways but I didn't want to be "that guy". I just figure I'll wait til it releases it in late october/early november and buy it from him... who knows he may be right...

They will tell you that so you buy something now. And he is wrong about mid next year. Its not too far off.
    10-07-09 12:21 PM
    was at an AT&T corp store at 3PM today. They told me they had NOT heard about a new bold II or 9700. SURE.
    Then a friend that has worked for AT&T mobile for the past 10 years, emails me about 15 minutes ago from a corp meeting and tells me the 9700 will be out first of November.
    And this is my first post. I have been waiting to purchase my first Blackberry and thought the moment I bought a BOLD, the next best one would be out. I will wait for the 9700 now.
    10-07-09 04:53 PM
    Why do people insist on posting dates that have no validity. What until RIM, AT&T, CB or BGR puts something up before you start filling out the forums with useless threads of I heard this or that.
    10-08-09 06:12 PM
    My AT&T rep, who is a client of mine and who's been my phone guy for the last 13 years or so, told me he's been informed by corporate that it'll be "around" November 1. I don't think those who can't spell or type should throw stones at this, your first post....
    was at an AT&T corp store at 3PM today. They told me they had NOT heard about a new bold II or 9700. SURE.
    Then a friend that has worked for AT&T mobile for the past 10 years, emails me about 15 minutes ago from a corp meeting and tells me the 9700 will be out first of November.
    And this is my first post. I have been waiting to purchase my first Blackberry and thought the moment I bought a BOLD, the next best one would be out. I will wait for the 9700 now.
    10-08-09 08:31 PM
    So Patience is a virtue EXCEPT when it comes to the BlackBerry 9700? :P

haha i kid, but i'll admit im freaking white knuckling this wait. This brings me back to being a "Product Pro" for the iPhone for At&t back in '08. I was working at a corporate store and so we'd get all the walk-ins asking for the release date of the iphone 3G . I'm sure my former co-workers must be getting all this noise for the Onyx.
    10-08-09 08:48 PM
    The T-Mobile rep from my job also set Nov. 1 as the release date for the 9700.
    10-08-09 08:55 PM
    another bold??
    10-08-09 10:44 PM
    My AT&T rep said it is coming out tomorrow...UGH...It will be here when it gets here!
    10-09-09 11:12 AM
    Now that's a rumor you shouldn't be starting.....
    My AT&T rep said it is coming out tomorrow...UGH...It will be here when it gets here!
    10-09-09 11:56 AM
    calm down people
    10-09-09 12:22 PM
    My at&t rep has herpies, so I am not getting anything useful from her!

:-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 01:11 PM
    My at&t rep has herpies, so I am not getting anything useful from her!

:-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LMAO!! I feel bad for her!
    10-09-09 01:29 PM
    Folks we have said this time and time again. The Reps are the last to know, unless of course they spend time here.

I would say look for an announcement around the 22nd of October. Assuming latest FFW candidate tests out.

PG
    10-10-09 10:02 AM
    There has been no such communication relayed to the store reps.
    10-10-09 10:20 AM
    I predicted the bold would be released sometime in the first week of November...
    10-10-09 02:01 PM
    CX posted on his twitter page that technical acceptance with AT&T has been pushed to Oct. 22.
    AT&T 9700's are now using 5.0.0.296. Technical Acceptance has been pushed back until 10-22. .296 is working well. Mid-Nov launch is probable
    I don't know what that means for public release.
    10-10-09 08:24 PM
    CX posted on his twitter page that technical acceptance with AT&T has been pushed to Oct. 22.

AT&T 9700's are now using 5.0.0.296. Technical Acceptance
    has been pushed back until 10-22. .296 is working well. Mid-Nov
    launch is probable

I don't know what that means for public release.
    What it means is that ATT will not release the phone until it has passed
    Technical Acceptance.
    10-10-09 08:54 PM
    What it means is that ATT will not release the phone until it has passed
    Technical Acceptance.
    Correct. As everyone knows(BlackBerry Bold), AT&T isn't like Verizon and will not push a device out when it's not ready. The 9700 will not release on AT&T until it's ready for primetime. And it's not going to launch/release on Nov 1st.
    10-10-09 08:56 PM
    Well I guess CX just killed your thread stating it won't launch/release on Nov. 1st.
    10-11-09 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD