I noticed that there's an XM Radio option in the download menu of my new AT&T Bold. I didn't want to initialize it out of concern that I'd start getting charges for it but does anyone know the details?
    11-05-08 09:30 AM
    if its like the curve (which i'm assuming it is) you'll have to purchase an xm subscription for your phone. should run like 8 bucks or so. there may be some kind of a trial on the phone though.
    11-05-08 09:37 AM
    I don't don't have an answer, but I'd like to kno too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 09:37 AM
    you will be charged a monthly fee for the XM and you also need an unlimited data plan because it uses data as well
    11-05-08 09:41 AM
    You can always use FlyCast.

It's in beta now

FlyCast - Now your smartphone is complete
    11-05-08 09:56 AM
    you will be charged a monthly fee for the XM and you also need an unlimited data plan because it uses data as well
    What's the monthly fee? And does anyone know how the quality is?
    11-05-08 10:16 AM
    If I already have an XM subscription for my car radio, do I have to pay for this seperately?
    11-05-08 11:28 AM
    It's $8 a month, the quality is okay.

If you have this in your car and already have a sub, you still need to pay for mobile version.
    11-05-08 11:29 AM
    What's the monthly fee? And does anyone know how the quality is?
    I thought the quality was horrible, certainly not worth $8 a month. They take an already compressed signal and compress it even more so that it will stream properly on a phone.
    11-05-08 11:43 AM
    Just downloaded the Flycast App mentioned here and it ROCKS! Thank you very much for the suggestion. I found out that XM is not supported on the Bold but they still put it on there out of the box???????????
    11-05-08 10:11 PM
    Hey all,

There are two things to consider:

1. XM Mobile for BlackBerry - NOT SUPPORTED for the bold yet. It is $7.99 a month, has 20 channels (including The Virus, which has Opie and Anthony, and XM Comedy). This is offered through XM, and you are charged through XM.

2. XM Mobile for AT&T - Supported for the bold. Has 25 channels (all music, no O&A). This is offered through AT&T, and you are charged via your AT&T bill.

Obviously from above, I am a big O&A fan, and wanted them on my bold. I downloaded the xm mobile for AT&T because I figured they'd have the same channel lineup as the XM mobile for BlackBerry, but it didn't. The quality is also awful over 3G, and it is slow and buggy. I will be waiting for the official support for the bold from XM, not AT&T.
    02-07-09 10:32 AM
    In addition to Flycast (which is great), try Slacker. Not sure why anyone would pay for XM with these two terrific free apps.
    02-07-09 10:39 AM
    Get Slacker.. I like it just as much as XM - if not a lil better because its free!

02-07-09 11:46 AM
    If I already have an XM subscription for my car radio, do I have to pay for this seperately?
    I've been wondering this as well.

02-07-09 12:56 PM
    Wait a minute... I downloaded Slacker and after the 5 minute trial they wanted me to pay a monthly fee. Now you're telling me it's free? Is FlyCast free as well?
    02-07-09 01:31 PM
    Wait a minute... I downloaded Slacker and after the 5 minute trial they wanted me to pay a monthly fee. Now you're telling me it's free? Is FlyCast free as well?
    They are both free.
    02-07-09 01:51 PM
    Pandora and Slacker (basic) are both free - I haven't tried FlyCast - but I am looking for a specific XM / Sirius station. The $8.00 monthly XM subscription doesn;t even have the one I want! UGH.. I feel like I am going to have to go to the iphone / itouch or a portable XM radio . booo...
    06-24-09 04:38 PM
    Pandora works very well on the Bold...I stream music every morning while I'm getting ready for work...totally worth the money!! (It's free)
    06-24-09 11:06 PM
    XM streams are awful, only 20 stations, and not even worth the * bucks month. Stick to Pandora, IheartRadio or Slacker. Free!
    06-24-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD