Gizmodo homepage claims Bold launch 9/12...check it out.
    08-28-08 06:17 PM
    Speculation.... they havent even finished field testing the latest os. Dont believe everything you read.

Edit: except what I write.

Edit 2:
    You read the review, you're stoked that you suit-and-tie guys have a sweet new phone to wave at Apple fanboys. Well, now you got a date: September 12. And a price: $299. At least, so say the dudes down at the AT&T store who were a little overexcited when they saw our review model from Wireless Imports. The leak's in line with expectations, so we're gonna say it's 95% solid. [BlackBerry Bold on Giz]
    That's a reliable source.
    Last edited by Jackal; 08-28-08 at 06:23 PM.
    08-28-08 06:19 PM
    interesting...thats completely different than the November 4th tentative release date that was put out on this site today by someone else...I sure hope its sept 12 but I highly doubt it
    08-28-08 06:29 PM
    Giz is a reliable source but then again...its not an official release. I'm hoping 9/12 is the date.
    08-28-08 06:34 PM
    Giz is a reliable source but then again...its not an official release. I'm hoping 9/12 is the date.
    Ohh god I hope so. But yea no not likely. Besides what days do they usually release cell phones on? Rogers was the 21st so that was a thursday. Idk I guess in theory it could work however highly unlikely. Rogers got their dummy models and display packages weeks before they were on sale. This is two weeks from now and none of their sales team has the heads up about it.
    08-28-08 06:38 PM
    Bold launch will not happen till October. One of my known is in AT&T Corp office and got info from him
    08-28-08 06:39 PM
    LOL.

This is ridiculous.
    08-28-08 07:00 PM
    I don't think phones have special days like music and video games have. But then again I haven't been following phones for a long time, haha.
    08-28-08 07:08 PM
    i've said it before and i'll say it again- never believe the reps. if att was ready for this device to be released, they would announce it and their stock would go up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 07:16 PM
    Considering the At&t testers just got the new OS to start testing, it would take a miracle in my opinion.
    08-28-08 07:18 PM
    I don't think phones have special days like music and video games have. But then again I haven't been following phones for a long time, haha.
    well this is a true business device. Get iphone if want to play music and video game
    08-28-08 07:24 PM
    I'm just curious why gizmodo believes them. Reading the comments I thought that BGR had posted a simmilar article. They didn't because they are actually a reliable source.

08-28-08 07:38 PM
    Well... we will see. Any testers out there? Isn't testing for this batch going to be over on or around the 8th?
    08-28-08 07:43 PM
    Well... we will see. Any testers out there? Isn't testing for this batch going to be over on or around the 8th?
    9th according to PG. But you cant set an official date when you aren't sure if the new software works.
    08-28-08 07:44 PM

We need Phonegeek to answer this. Maybe PG will come across this thread but I think that date sounded familiar.
    08-28-08 07:45 PM
    I heard 9-15 for the official date.

08-28-08 07:52 PM
    If that is True, you ATT'ers are some lucky duckies!!!
    08-28-08 07:54 PM
    These rumors are worse than wild fires. I hope they just fix the bugs so it doesn't get a bad rep
    08-28-08 07:56 PM
    I heard 9-15 for the official date.

From who? what?

Actually I dont even wanna know if its a store rep.
    08-28-08 07:59 PM
    Elvis told me the Bold is comin' out September 18th 2022!!

True story.
    08-28-08 08:35 PM
    Just to piggy back on this, my local att store manager who I have been in contact with since announcement of the Bold, called me early this morning with this update. He didn't say Sept 12 but instead, "the middle of September". Could this be it!? We shall see.

08-28-08 08:40 PM
    Hahaha everyone needs to chillax!

08-28-08 08:42 PM
    i HEARD VERY DIFFRENT ... SOURCES SAY IN THE MIDDLE OF SEPTEMPER IS GOING TO BE FOR MANAGERS , STORE REPS , AND ETC...
    THEN A WEEK LATER IT WILL BE FOR THE PUBLIC. I REMEMBER A COUPLE WEEKS AGO WHEN SOMEBODY SAID OCT SOMETHING.
    kEEPING FINGERS CROSSED!!
    08-28-08 08:51 PM
    Hahaha everyone needs to chillax!

Everyone need to freak out! The bold is coming. They're being shipped from canada via badgers. Very very slow animals. Expect a November to October release date, or whenever they arrive.
    08-28-08 08:51 PM
    well this is a true business device. Get iphone if want to play music and video game
    Oh, I think you may have misunderstood me. I meant to say how I didn't think new phones are all released on a certain day of the week like new Music and Video Games, which are usually released on Tuesdays.

Nothing to do with BlackBerrys or any other brand in general.
    08-28-08 09:07 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD