So, I know we've all heard the dates come and go by with no Bold... but I'm not going to throw out a specific date other than to say with Rogers releasing their Bold, AT&T is going to quickly follow suit. My local AT&T stores and managers have said they *will* be getting the phone in early September. When I talked to a few of them today, they all knew about Rogers' release and said they'd hold off on buying an unlocked Rogers device because AT&T's one is around the corner... hopefully all that proves to be true. I guess I can wait it out a couple more weeks....
    08-21-08 08:13 AM
    Of course they want you to wait, so they get your money!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 08:19 AM
    hmmmm, a competitor telling you not to get a Rogers phone saying theirs will be out "soon" so you can buy it from them. I really hope common sense trumpts the blinding desire.
    08-21-08 09:15 AM
    Well, I went in yesterday and all they said was that RIM told them it should be in before the end of the year. Of course, this is just a AT&T service rep. They pretty much know about as much as we do.

Anyway, since I got rid of my iPhone, I've been having a hard time using my RAZR. I need to stay connected with email/internet access and don't like carrying my laptop everywhere. I'm going in today to get one of those free after rebate Curves with two-year activation. Hopefully, this will curb the edginess until the Bold comes out. And if it comes out sooner (I.E., Sept.), I wouldn't worry too much since it was "free". I'll just hand off the Curve to a family member and upgrade to the Bold.

This will be my first Blackberry and can't wait. I held on the iPhone for about a year and just got fed up of waiting for features that should have been added a long time ago.
    Last edited by MarkMS; 08-21-08 at 09:18 AM.
    08-21-08 09:15 AM
    So ATT is saying the Bold should be out early September.....I hope so cause I'm gettin tired of waiting for the Bold its just taking to long for this device to come out.

08-21-08 02:08 PM
    Of course they want you to wait, so they get your money!

Very true.
    08-21-08 05:23 PM
    I love when people say they talk to reps. they are gonna tell you want you want to hear or say somthing obsurd so you can leave them alone. If I was on the gsm network I would just cop from the actual Rogers website and just wait for the PINs to be released. just my 2cents
    08-21-08 05:35 PM
    Just assume it'll be out in December, any release before that would then be like a great suprise! Seriously, my AT&T rep said Sept, and I guy I know who is a Blackberry rep in Canada, he's pretty high up there, travels alot, said the US was slated for a mid Sept release, we'll see.....
    08-21-08 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD