I just called this AT&T store and they said that the new bold would launch within 30 days, I couldn't believe my ears, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.It's the one in the East Brunswick mall in New Jersey. (732) -390-7301

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Why would you ask them?

08-19-11 05:25 AM
    Honestly I think you are just misinformed. There is no way there are dozens of carriers releasing this phone currently and not one of them has complained about hardware issues. I think with ATT its all marketing related and when it finally comes out and it has the same mfg date as the other carriers you will lose a lot of credibility.
    misinformed?

i would suggest a quick look at some of PG's other posts. you'll gain some knowledge about his field testing experience with AT&T.
    08-19-11 06:51 AM
    Honestly if I was still with att I would have ordered an unlocked 9900 from Rogers by now. I've read that it works well with att H+. Save myself the aggravation.
    08-19-11 06:59 AM
    Guarentee At&t will not have Bold out in august! Earliest possible late September time .

I hope so. That's my birth month!
    08-19-11 07:21 AM
    Dont think so. November will the the 9900 on att
    08-19-11 07:53 AM
    November should hopefully make the price of the phone drop. I would love to see 150 ish area since EVERY other company will already have it out for months.
    08-19-11 08:21 AM

To be brutally honest at&t won't release the device before we think its ready and guess what folks... It aint ready yet....

PG
    I forgot...AT&T was the only unlucky carrier to get a screwed up software version from RIM, everyone else was lucky enough to get a good version they could use almost immediately, while poor AT&T has to test it and tweak it for an extra 2 months or more than the other carriers to make it even usable.....
    08-19-11 08:33 AM
    I forgot...AT&T was the only unlucky carrier to get a screwed up software version from RIM, everyone else was lucky enough to get a good version they could use almost immediately, while poor AT&T has to test it and tweak it for an extra 2 months or more than the other carriers to make it even usable.....
    Where's the source with this, or are you being sarcastic?

No one truly knows why AT&T won't release it until November, but it may simply be a business decision to see how well the Torch 9810 sells. I'm sure they went with the 9810 simply because last year, the Torch 9800 probably outsold the 9700 when people became obsessed with touch phones.
    08-19-11 09:35 AM
    AT&T says iP5 to be released in October, FWIW.
    08-19-11 09:42 AM
    Where's the source with this, or are you being sarcastic?

No one truly knows why AT&T won't release it until November, but it may simply be a business decision to see how well the Torch 9810 sells. I'm sure they went with the 9810 simply because last year, the Torch 9800 probably outsold the 9700 when people became obsessed with touch phones.
    Definitely sarcastic...

AT&T should have released the 9900 in August, just like every other carrier in the universe.
    rktate likes this.
    08-19-11 10:55 AM
    Just got this response from our ATT Corp Accounts Rep when we asked him about pre-ordering the 9900:
    "I checked on that and Blackberry is not doing any preordering but it sounds like there will be plenty of inventory when it launches next week, so I wouldn�t worry about it. It will be available"
    Just saying.
    08-19-11 11:41 AM
    The rep at my local Att store said they're releasing the 9900 this Sunday. I have no idea if she actually knows her stuff or not, but I thought I would share what I was told.

At least we can hope that with a late release date the att price might be a bit more reasonable than other carriers.
    08-19-11 12:26 PM
    The rep at my local Att store said they're releasing the 9900 this Sunday. I have no idea if she actually knows her stuff or not, but I thought I would share what I was told.

At least we can hope that with a late release date the att price might be a bit more reasonable than other carriers.
    The 9810 (torch 2) will be released this sunday...not the 9900.
    rktate likes this.
    08-19-11 12:27 PM
    Just got this response from our ATT Corp Accounts Rep when we asked him about pre-ordering the 9900:
    "I checked on that and Blackberry is not doing any preordering but it sounds like there will be plenty of inventory when it launches next week, so I wouldn�t worry about it. It will be available"
    Just saying.
    Pretty sure the guy was talking about the 9810 there and not the 9900.
    08-19-11 12:29 PM
    I am on a notification at a local AT&T authorized dealer (not an AT&T store), and he called me today to say that they already have the 9900 in the warehouse, and they are allowed to start selling them early next week!!!
    08-19-11 12:32 PM
    I am on a notification at a local AT&T authorized dealer (not an AT&T store), and he called me today to say that they already have the 9900 in the warehouse, and they are allowed to start selling them early next week!!!
    :-/.

See, idk wtf is going on now.

How can they magically sell the 9900 without a press release to let people know it's available? I think everyone is "confusing" it for the 9810.
    08-19-11 12:36 PM
    Oh sure, i went to see one last week at an at&t "dealer/retail store" and they wanted $1000 for it. It was a rogers unlocked.
    08-19-11 12:39 PM
    Oh sure, i went to see one last week at an at&t "dealer/retail store" and they wanted $1000 for it. It was a rogers unlocked.
    We will know on Monday what phones they will sell. The website will be updated, and if the only phone you see is the Torch 9810, then there's our answer!
    08-19-11 12:42 PM
    Pretty sure the guy was talking about the 9810 there and not the 9900.
    I asked the rep 3 times if he was not mistaking the 9810 and 9900. He emphatically said the 9900 Bold Touch will be releasing next week.
    08-19-11 01:04 PM
    I asked the rep 3 times if he was not mistaking the 9810 and 9900. He emphatically said the 9900 Bold Touch will be releasing next week.
    I can tell you what. If that's true, we will see it online!

If not, then we will still be here waiting.
    08-19-11 01:06 PM
    That's what I was told as well.

I guess we'll all see in a few days...
    08-19-11 01:07 PM
    I can tell you what. If that's true, we will see it online!

If not, then we will still be here waiting.
    Just passing on what I was told. If it's not out next week I'll be waiting here with you.
    08-19-11 01:08 PM
    I guess I should have posted my "new thread" question under this topic. Nice to find other AT&T users that want to get the new Blackberry and have been waiting so long. It's not that I don't like my 9000, I just, as with everything, want to go with the latest as technology always obsoletes itself within a year. Thank you for providing all this information everybody.
    08-19-11 02:26 PM
    Hmm.....I am sure that Reps know the difference between the form factor of a Torch 9810 and the Bold Touch 9900.
    *shrugs* we'll see.
    Would love to play with one when it hits stores.

08-19-11 09:14 PM
    Solid response. As i think you said before in an older thread, AT&T has a rather comprehensive testing process due in large part to the architecture of the network itself (other facts like ensuring stability and customer satisfaction i'm sure play a role).

Other than that, PG, can you elaborate on it not being ready...ie: it's simply not complete or have issues (software or hardware) arisen since it entered field testing? If you can't reply, no worries but thanks for injecting a bit of common sense here.
    Generally this device is where I expect it given where we are in the testing process.

Honestly I think you are just misinformed. There is no way there are dozens of carriers releasing this phone currently and not one of them has complained about hardware issues. I think with ATT its all marketing related and when it finally comes out and it has the same mfg date as the other carriers you will lose a lot of credibility.
    Actually at&t is one of the few carriers that doesn't allow their marketing folks to have unilateral control over device testing. The only device that is allowed outside the rules is iPhone and there have been so many "see I told you so"'s with that device that at&t won't replicate that mistake with any other device...

As for me being misinformed you're certainly entitled to your opinion but I'll submit that you've done no research into my other posts going back several years so more than likely it is you who is misinformed...

Perhaps you could put your sarcasm aside and actually spend some time in this forum reading some of my or other people's posts that actually know how wireless networks work and you may learn something.

PG
    purijagmohan likes this.
    08-19-11 09:36 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD