I just called this AT&T store and they said that the new bold would launch within 30 days, I couldn't believe my ears, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.It's the one in the East Brunswick mall in New Jersey. (732) -390-7301

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 05:24 PM
    I just called this AT&T store and they said that the new bold would launch within 30 days, I couldn't believe my ears, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.It's the one in the East Brunswick mall in New Jersey. (732) -390-7301

A HUGE grain of salt. AT&T workers are just as much in the dark as we are, for the most part.
    08-12-11 05:30 PM
    Just thought I'd share.. Did you even call them?

08-12-11 05:32 PM
    According to news for blackberries: the big A will be blocking NFC on the bold,that is why the torch is coming first lol.

08-12-11 05:37 PM
    They are just telling you that so you don't jump ship to Verizon. We get it next week
    08-12-11 05:38 PM
    I don't buy that excuse? Look at the nexus s...it's out and nfc capable?

08-12-11 05:40 PM
    They are just telling you that so you don't jump ship to Verizon. We get it next week
    Hahah, but I didn't bring up the fact that verizon was getting it next week while on the phone with the rep,damn I should've....

08-12-11 05:42 PM
    Called a rep. in Ct. Still not looking good for At&t.
    08-12-11 05:48 PM
    The vast amount of inconsistency from ATT is obnoxious. It's so freakin' annoying that they will lie to customers. Why couldn't they say "I don't know," instead of lying flat out to us. Also, how come they are the ONLY carrier taking so long to get these phones out? 3 months later then every other carrier is inexcusable. The Rogers version is exactly the same aside from the white lettering on the bottom. I always liked ATT but recently I'm about ready to move to a different carrier. /end rant

08-12-11 05:50 PM
    As much as we hate the delay in the release i can't help but think it's to better the consumer. I feel like a christian. Even if it seems bad it's for the greater good. Maybe.
    08-12-11 05:55 PM
    As much as we hate the delay in the release i can't help but think it's to better the consumer. I feel like a christian. Even if it seems bad it's for the greater good. Maybe.
    No it's not.....it's to better "A Suck & Suck!!"
    08-12-11 05:58 PM

O rly?

Another "rep told me" thread.
    08-12-11 06:58 PM
    now that all major carriers are releasing 9900 and AT&T will not wait too long now, I don't understand what kind of testing they want to do when similar band networks all over the world are releasing it.
    08-12-11 07:10 PM
    im not going to choose this device right away.im going to test drive the i5 and 9860 as well.its like going to buy a car.you get to test drive your choice of vehicle before buying.same applies here.you know how bad is that evof camera.how could you not put an autofocus camera in there.the i5 is going have the best camera on the market.the 9860 i believe has autofocus.same for the 9810.like they are saying,the i5 is going to be a monumental upgrade from its predecessor.rim's best os 7 phone is in my opinion the 9860.people are all caught up in bold hype but the 9860 shines in its own right.i think rim messed up with the bold because they had to concentrate on 3 devices not just 1.apple,on the other hand,does it right every year with just 1 device that blows people away.im not against rim,but i think they need to just level their lineup a little bit and catch up in hardware spec level.
    08-12-11 08:58 PM
    Guarentee At&t will not have Bold out in august! Earliest possible late September time .

08-12-11 09:00 PM
    O rly?

Another "rep told me" thread.
    Yeah but ya see, I can back my **** up, call them yourself and see.

08-12-11 09:00 PM
    Reps are terrible! Anytime you ask them about BlackBerry, assume you know more.

I was in a Verizon yesterday, and asked the rep if they had them in stock. He said no and that he didn't think it was available yet. I told him to check his company's website.
    08-18-11 10:18 PM
    The vast amount of inconsistency from ATT is obnoxious. It's so freakin' annoying that they will lie to customers. Why couldn't they say "I don't know," instead of lying flat out to us. Also, how come they are the ONLY carrier taking so long to get these phones out? 3 months later then every other carrier is inexcusable. The Rogers version is exactly the same aside from the white lettering on the bottom. I always liked ATT but recently I'm about ready to move to a different carrier. /end rant

Seriously? It is beyond me why anyone would call a store and ask a sales rep for a date that a device is coming out when there has been no official release date. There isn't a sales rep at at&t that knows when the device is coming out... Why? because they can't keep their mouths shut!!! (yes a generic statement that is probably not fair to our good sales folks...)

Also pick any upcoming device that carriers have not officially announced a release date and call 5 stores of any and all carriers and you'll most likely get different stories at all of them...

To be brutally honest at&t won't release the device before we think its ready and guess what folks... It aint ready yet....

PG
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    08-18-11 10:37 PM
    30 Days is better than November..

To most that want this phone to be honest, it doesn't matter(got mine from Verizon, so meh). Can't wait till my contract is up with these down syndromes..
    08-18-11 10:38 PM
    Seriously? It is beyond me why anyone would call a store and ask a sales rep for a date that a device is coming out when there has been no official release date. There isn't a sales rep at at&t that knows when the device is coming out... Why? because they can't keep their mouths shut!!! (yes a generic statement that is probably not fair to our good sales folks...)

Also pick any upcoming device that carriers have not officially announced a release date and call 5 stores of any and all carriers and you'll most likely get different stories at all of them...

To be brutally honest at&t won't release the device before we think its ready and guess what folks... It aint ready yet....

PG
    Solid response. As i think you said before in an older thread, AT&T has a rather comprehensive testing process due in large part to the architecture of the network itself (other facts like ensuring stability and customer satisfaction i'm sure play a role).

Other than that, PG, can you elaborate on it not being ready...ie: it's simply not complete or have issues (software or hardware) arisen since it entered field testing? If you can't reply, no worries but thanks for injecting a bit of common sense here.
    08-18-11 10:47 PM
    I've never gotten good advice from a rep when I've called (not that some reps don't know what's going on, just most don't know much about every device) and I always take what reps say with a HUGE grain of salt, but
    here's to hoping right?
    08-18-11 10:50 PM
    Do you guys really think that att is delaying the release of the 9900 on purpose? They are aware of their competition people.

You guys must not know anything about the way corporations run their stuff. The merger is costing them billions of dollars and on top of that, they have to sell off some of their resources because uncle sam said so.

ATT is not dumb and you guys shouldn't switch to another carrier just because the 9900 is coming out a little late.

Watch CSPAN more often. I know its boring but you learn a whole lot of cool stuff.
    08-18-11 11:33 PM
    While I'd like to see AT&T try and get it out soon...PG is right. Won't come until it's ready. I don't like those Nov rumors at all. I really hope early October is feasible if the testing is going well.
    08-18-11 11:42 PM
    Seeing that I've been on their payroll since 1997 (Started when they were still Pacific Bell) until just recent, I would bet the reps in the retail stores would not know. I've worked in the Business office (land lines) and we didn't get new promo info til the day before it launched. So for the retailers to get info 30 in advance (which I doubt) is highly unlikely.
    08-18-11 11:59 PM

PG
    Honestly I think you are just misinformed. There is no way there are dozens of carriers releasing this phone currently and not one of them has complained about hardware issues. I think with ATT its all marketing related and when it finally comes out and it has the same mfg date as the other carriers you will lose a lot of credibility.
    08-19-11 05:03 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD