Just watched a RIM Live webcast for BES 5.0 and they said that ATT should have their Official 5.0 OS release for Bold and Curve 8900 by the fall.
    07-01-09 12:32 PM
    I hope that this is a big improvement over 266.
    07-01-09 12:35 PM
    Fall is vague. Any further clarification available?
    07-01-09 12:36 PM
    Nice, thanks. So other carrier's may release sooner? We hope.
    07-01-09 12:38 PM
    Is there going to be any big changes with 5.0???
    07-01-09 12:39 PM
    awsome, lets hope it happens. 5.0.100 has been good but of course a little buggy here and there. I wouldn't mind seeing what the finished product is.
    07-01-09 12:41 PM
    I'm assuming this will have the proper support for certain apps that don't work right now with the Beta 5.0's out there. Also, you will be able to take advantage of newer features offered if you're running a BES 5.0 server.
    07-01-09 01:15 PM
    Wow...that is far off seeing I was hoping it would have come out when the Iphone 3GS came out. I really thought RIM would have released it then to steal some thunder away from Apple and its release. I really love my Bold but I feel like I might not be with RIM much longer if 5.0 gets pushed back later on in the year and/or if the upgrades are barely upgrades. Other phones have stellar OS that are cutting edge and we are stuck with an antiquated one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY BB, I just am frustrated with the OS. I think Rim could do a lot better with the OS. So I guess I will have to wait and see...but I wont wait longer that the aforementioned "date".
    07-01-09 01:30 PM
    I agree 100%. I like my Bold, but I'll switch to something new if updates are not reasonable.
    Wow...that is far off seeing I was hoping it would have come out when the Iphone 3GS came out. I really thought RIM would have released it then to steal some thunder away from Apple and its release. I really love my Bold but I feel like I might not be with RIM much longer if 5.0 gets pushed back later on in the year and/or if the upgrades are barely upgrades. Other phones have stellar OS that are cutting edge and we are stuck with an antiquated one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY BB, I just am frustrated with the OS. I think Rim could do a lot better with the OS. So I guess I will have to wait and see...but I wont wait longer that the aforementioned "date".
    07-01-09 01:36 PM
    Does 5.0 100 have the new bbm?
    07-01-09 01:44 PM
    Does 5.0 100 have the new bbm?
    no it has the 4.7 BBM.
    07-01-09 02:19 PM
    I agree 100%. I like my Bold, but I'll switch to something new if updates are not reasonable.
    You took the words right out of my mouth
    07-01-09 03:35 PM
    You took the words right out of my mouth
    Same here. A new 4Gen iPhone with MT and 4G LTE will have me leaving super fast!

If RIM does NOT drastically improve the browser and UI to compete with the iPhone or Pre, I am gone!
    Last edited by hurricane.gio; 07-01-09 at 04:13 PM.
    07-01-09 04:08 PM
    I got my bold over an iPhone 3GS and I am loving it. However, it is because its push fonctionnality and the keyboard. When I tried just yesterday to find a way to my friend's'place using Google map, i just realized that BB doesn't allow synchronizing my contacts with any of my programs, especially not google map. Using calender is also a pain in the **** compared to iCal on iPhone. I can overcome some technical difficulties such as not having a working DM on my Macbook but not having a correct UI upto date compared to IPhone is a hefty fault from RIM who managed to make massive amount of money with this franchise.

I love my bold but it should have a UI, better compatibilty among apps, better browser and may a be a touch screen. Or may be my next phone will just might be a Pre or the next gen IPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 04:34 PM
    Yes, fall should be about right. Long time coming.

07-01-09 05:24 PM
    May I ask out of general curiosity what you are so unsatisfied with? I'm very curious if I'm missing something that should be bothering me more lol I switched from an HTC Windows Mobile so all of this seems fabulous to me so I'm curious what long time BB users think could improve it even more?
    07-01-09 05:31 PM
    I too came from using a HTC Windows Mobile...8925...I'm loving BB Bold
    07-01-09 06:59 PM
    If RIM does NOT drastically improve the browser and UI to compete with the iPhone or Pre, I am gone!
    The Skyfire browser is going to be a giant step in the right direction
    07-01-09 10:11 PM
    UI is a lil weak. just look at the form factor of the home page, the core apps, and how to move through everything. but hey, this wont stop me from using my bold. on with it, 4th quarter 2009, i cant wait!
    07-01-09 10:25 PM
    What with me being a gigantic cheap-a�� (like what I did there?), I can't afford going from high-end phone to high-end phone and whatnot, so I'll probably be with the Bold at least until the middle of 2010, unless something horrible happens to it.
    07-01-09 10:52 PM
    no it has the 4.7 BBM.

Is the 4.7 BBM any different from the 4.6 that is currently on the Bold? Anyone know?
    07-02-09 12:49 AM
    May I ask out of general curiosity what you are so unsatisfied with? I'm very curious if I'm missing something that should be bothering me more lol I switched from an HTC Windows Mobile so all of this seems fabulous to me so I'm curious what long time BB users think could improve it even more?

Several things irk me about my BB. Again don't get me wrong, I love my Bold, yet I feel there several things lacking. For one, its web browser completely blows and it kind of ticks me off that RIM and its BBs have been around longer than say the Iphone and its web browser can't compete with the Apple's. I also miss threaded SMS and again it kind of ticks me off seeing that BB (RIM) prides themselves on the fact that they are "communication centered devices" yet don't have a native app for threaded SMS, which in my mind help out organizing messages, thus aid in communication. Again part of this frustration stems from the fact that the I phone has been able to nail these two just within the last couple of years or so while RIM has not really taken any steps to rectify the situation even when there are so many of us out there making noise for RIM to hear.
    07-02-09 01:05 AM
    Bah...for me its whatever...I am happy with the bold already.

07-02-09 01:10 AM
    Oh great! So anywhere between September 22 & December 21.
    Can't wait
    07-02-09 01:22 AM
    Just watched a RIM Live webcast for BES 5.0 and they said that ATT should have their Official 5.0 OS release for Bold and Curve 8900 by the fall.
    Fall is vague. Any further clarification available?
    Fall is VERY vague. If you use the seasons then fall is officially over December 21st I believe, so basically 6 months.
    07-02-09 01:49 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD