Hi,
    Need some help.
    Can I update with Mac? Or only windows?

I guess wifi is not an option? (out of country right now.)

If that the case, then what about 'Over the Air'? Has anyone tried with success?
    Window is much easier then on a mac either DM or App loader. As for OTA, I would not. To many complaint here from those that have done it.
    GeoK likes this.
    09-22-12 01:00 PM
    Need some help.
    Can I update with Mac? Or only windows?
    You can update with DM for Mac if AT&T is your carrier.
    Otherwise you can only use a Mac if you're operating a virtual Windows environment.

I guess wifi is not an option? (out of country right now.)
    Wi-Fi isn't an option for what? For an OTA update?
    Regardless, don't mess with your OS while you're traveling.

If that the case, then what about 'Over the Air'? Has anyone tried with success?
    OTA update is only available for AT&T users for this AT&T release.
    Are you on AT&T with your 9900? Your profile lists multiple carriers.

Also, even you are an AT&T user I'm fairly sure you can't use OTA update if you're not at home on AT&T's network anyway.
    GeoK likes this.
    09-22-12 01:06 PM
    Yesterday, I just finished upgrading my 9810 with DM, and will upgrade my 9900 within a few days.
    What I have found so far (9810) faster response moving around, super fast response with the trackpad, along with better battery life. I like this build.

So, after chores are done, will upgrade the 9900.
    09-22-12 02:03 PM
    Day 3 using the new 7.1 OS on my 9900 and all is good. As others have mentioned seems much snappier than before. Maybe its wishful thinking but battery life seems improved. I know I'm using my device more these past few days and the battery life certainly appears much better than before upgrade.

Bob
    09-22-12 02:25 PM
    You can update with DM for Mac if AT&T is your carrier.
    Otherwise you can only use a Mac if you're operating a virtual Windows environment.

Yes, OK, that's good. I got DM on my Mac and I'm on AT&T as a carrier

Wi-Fi isn't an option for what? For an OTA update?
    Regardless, don't mess with your OS while you're traveling.
    Thanks!!

OTA update is only available for AT&T users for this AT&T release.
    Are you on AT&T with your 9900? Your profile lists multiple carriers.
    Yes on AT&T

Also, even you are an AT&T user I'm fairly sure you can't use OTA update if you're not at home on AT&T's network anyway.
    Just the thought of the cost would be outrageous for the roaming data. So, it's even an option.

It may be best to wait til I get back and use DM on my Mac.

Thanks for the help!
    09-22-12 02:54 PM
    Yes, OK, that's good. I got DM on my Mac and I'm on AT&T as a carrier.
    Just the thought of the cost would be outrageous for the roaming data. So, it's even an option.
    It may be best to wait til I get back and use DM on my Mac.
    Thanks for the help!
    No problem, you're very welcome.
    Like I said, 99% sure you can't perform OTA OS update while roaming.
    Also not a great idea to re-initialize (at end of upgrade) while roaming.

As soon as you plug into your Mac back home with DM open, it should find the update and offer to you.

It's still better to use Windows IMO so you can DL the OS, shrink out unnecessary/outdated stuff, and load the OS locally from PC to BB. Keep that in mind, especially if you're short on memory.

Using DM with this particular release, you will have to update multiple native apps afterward.
    After upgrade, unplug, battery pull.
    Next find Email Setup, open it. Probably an update there. Then go to AW DL site for current version (3.1.4.25 at time of post): www.BlackBerry.com/AppWorld/Download
    To save any freezing, I'd reboot after that before getting to rest.
    Open AW, open My World, MENU key, select Refresh List. When done, select Updates at top of My World and Update All or as desired.
    If AW doesn't offer BBM upgrade (current is 6.2.0.56), get here: BlackBerry Messenger
    09-22-12 04:37 PM
    I just loaded this release. Two and half weeks ago, I upgraded to a 9900 & loaded .569 - seemed to work well until two days ago. I would get the dreaded mic issue intermittently, maybe 3 out of 10 calls. I hope this official AT&T release fixes it.
    09-22-12 06:35 PM
    Wow, the battery on 7.1 really IS better than 7.0. Nice.
    09-22-12 09:47 PM
    Wow Battery durability is awesm! +14hs still in 46%
    Trunkton likes this.
    09-22-12 09:59 PM
    Does it mean if we use other carries OS update or whatever same version and everything mobile hotspot will work??
    Since ATT verison only disable on ATT users for the mobile hotspot right?
    Just wondering.
    09-23-12 04:07 AM
    Does it mean if we use other carries OS update or whatever same version and everything mobile hotspot will work??
    Just wondering.
    Correct.

09-23-12 04:08 AM
    For those of you who have a little sense of adventure, the BL Hybrid specially made for AT & T Users if now available from the link below.

If previous builds are anything to go on this will be a whole new user experience for you AT&T folks out there

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...-users-746299/
    09-23-12 05:28 AM
    Just wondering.
    Correct.

Um no. Not quite correct. (But mostly right.)
    This is not an "AT&T version" but an OS by RIM endorsed by AT&T.
    Non-AT&T users will have no issue with this OS.
    AT&T users using this or other recent 7.1 OS's will have free MH blocked. Leaked, Official, which carrier released this OS, it doesn't matter.
    09-23-12 08:00 AM
    I did the OTA on my ATT Bold 9900 went fine. Did it from a good wi-fi and 4G location. Charged battery 100% before started. It took 1 hour, 22 min. Gave me option before starting to reduce size of app by removing language /fonts" did that and worked fine
    Consider yourself one of the lucky ones, other have not. When I read of someone complaining that they are 3 hours into an OS update & asking why it taking so long, bet a sure its OTA. I would not advice anyone to go that route, just to many problems. Just my 2 cent.
    09-23-12 03:26 PM
    This update has proven to be the best OS I've had to date. It's been a good 4 days worth of calls (at least 12-15 per day) and no mic issue. I've had mic issues with every update after .391 (I tried 2 versions of .4xx and 2 versions of .5xx all producing the dreaded mic problem)

Battery life improved for me, very stable all around. I'm impressed considering I was just ******** about how AT&T is always the last one to come out with OS builds this was definitely worth the wait. Also resolved were some issues I was having with MMS messages giving me download prompts and, or, unable to send them.

Just my 2 cents
    09-23-12 03:55 PM
    I need some help. I'm an ATT user and I have been checking for the update OTA and it keeps saying my blackberry is up to date. I have .391 installed on my phone. I don't have access to a computer right now so what am I doing wrong for getting this done OTA? Suggestions?
    09-23-12 09:28 PM
    I need some help. I'm an ATT user and I have been checking for the update OTA and it keeps saying my blackberry is up to date. I have .391 installed on my phone. I don't have access to a computer right now so what am I doing wrong for getting this done OTA? Suggestions?
    You'll have to wait until it becomes available. Or use somebody elses computer to do the update.
    09-23-12 09:36 PM

As said, if you're trying to do OTA you'll have to wait until it shows up. The OTA updates are released on a rolling basis, so it could be a few weeks before it shows up for you. I tried to update my OS through DM, but it wouldn't get the update due to an IT policy that was included with a leaked build I installed. App Loader may be your only option. I don't recall if 391 had an IT policy in it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-23-12 11:33 PM
    No problem, you're very welcome.
    Like I said, 99% sure you can't perform OTA OS update while roaming.
    Also not a great idea to re-initialize (at end of upgrade) while roaming.

As soon as you plug into your Mac back home with DM open, it should find the update and offer to you.

It's still better to use Windows IMO so you can DL the OS, shrink out unnecessary/outdated stuff, and load the OS locally from PC to BB. Keep that in mind, especially if you're short on memory.

Using DM with this particular release, you will have to update multiple native apps afterward.
    After upgrade, unplug, battery pull.
    Next find Email Setup, open it. Probably an update there. Then go to AW DL site for current version (3.1.4.25 at time of post): www.BlackBerry.com/AppWorld/Download
    To save any freezing, I'd reboot after that before getting to rest.
    Open AW, open My World, MENU key, select Refresh List. When done, select Updates at top of My World and Update All or as desired.
    If AW doesn't offer BBM upgrade (current is 6.2.0.56), get here: BlackBerry Messenger
    Helpful step by step instructions.
    Excellent! Thanks much!
    09-24-12 08:12 AM
    Um no. Not quite correct. (But mostly right.)
    This is not an "AT&T version" but an OS by RIM endorsed by AT&T.
    Non-AT&T users will have no issue with this OS.
    AT&T users using this or other recent 7.1 OS's will have free MH blocked. Leaked, Official, which carrier released this OS, it doesn't matter.
    AT&T's Mobile Hotspot blocked?
    Or are we speaking about another MH?
    09-24-12 08:20 AM
    Trying this one out.. came from .569
    09-24-12 11:29 AM
    AT&T's Mobile Hotspot blocked?
    Or are we speaking about another MH?
    Yes I did mean MH = Mobile Hotspot.

AT&T charges users for the privilege of using MH. When you try to open MH you will have to sign in, unless your plan includes tethering. Don't quote me on the details, but I believe someone said it's included in their 5GB data plan.

For whatever reason, AT&T is unable to put up this roadblock with older 7.1 releases, like the 3xx builds.
    09-24-12 11:36 AM
    Wow Battery durability is awesm! +14hs still in 46%

yeah if you don't use your phone lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-24-12 01:54 PM
    So I downloaded .694 and now cannot connect to my office wireless network. I've deleted the profile and re-entered it; I've tried to connect via WPS button on the router and I've done a couple of battery pulls. Once in a while using WPA I will get the message that it connected, but the network name doesn't appear on the home screen, nor is the blackberry icon next to the wifi icon.

Any ideas?
    09-24-12 03:09 PM
    Did you happen to do a selective backup and then, selectively restore only what you need? There could be a conflict somewhere.

So I downloaded .694 and now cannot connect to my office wireless network. I've deleted the profile and re-entered it; I've tried to connect via WPS button on the router and I've done a couple of battery pulls. Once in a while using WPA I will get the message that it connected, but the network name doesn't appear on the home screen, nor is the blackberry icon next to the wifi icon.

Any ideas?
    09-24-12 03:13 PM
280 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD