In your case, yes it will help.
    Phil, coming from a Crackberry Wiseguy, I have no choice but to follow your advice.
    10-03-12 04:44 PM
    Phil, coming from a Crackberry Wiseguy, I have no choice but to follow your advice.

that's Phill with 2 Ls ;-)
    10-03-12 04:54 PM
    I've waited for many, many months for an official ATT release because of the mic issue with other carriers' releases. So it finally hits and it flat out stinks. . . . it's like 4 upgrades back in terms of battery life, bugginess and is perhaps the worst browsing experience ever with my 9900. Good Old ATT -- they might not be fast but at least they get it wrong when they finally get to it. I'm having spontaneous reboots and freezes. Honestly, this may be the worst OS I've ever had on the 9900. I hate to go back and have to delete the latest official release. I suppose I could do a wipe and reinstall. But will that help?
    You could also consider trying the BL Special Edition Hybrid for AT&T Users that has no Mic Issue

Version 2 just released today.

I used Version 1 even though I am not an AT&T Customer and it was a very smooth and fast OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...-users-746299/
    10-04-12 01:06 PM
    You could also consider trying the BL Special Edition Hybrid for AT&T Users that has no Mic Issue

I used Version 1 even though I am not an AT&T Customer and it was a very smooth and fast OS.

I second that view, please try the V2.......A very good, fast OS with great battery life.
    I am using it first hand although i am also not an AT&T subscriber but the results for me is Awesome !
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-05-12 03:59 AM
    I installed a leaked 7.1 on my 9900 quite some time ago and currently I am still able to access the device hotspot without subcribing to an att tethering plan. if i upgrade to the official 694, what are the odds I'll still have access to the hotspot without a tethering plan?
    10-05-12 11:51 AM

Ok, I'm willing to give this Hybrid a try. But I'm afraid I'm a bit dense when it comes to installing a hybrid. I have a 9900 with .694 ATT installed. So, according to the BL quote below, I should use the full (as opposed to Java only?) version and extract it over the installed 694 folder. Wut? Where should that folder be and what should it be named? Help would be appreciated.

"First of all you will need to install 7.1.0.694 for AT&T for your selected devices Please do not try this over difference base versions as we cannot guarantee the results. Then you drop this java mix into the java folder, shrink to your liking and run your loader.exe. If you have a Bold 9900 you can use our Full OS package here Full ATT OS 9900 just extract it over the installed 7.1.0.694 directory."
    10-05-12 12:34 PM
    Ok, I'm willing to give this Hybrid a try. But I'm afraid I'm a bit dense when it comes to installing a hybrid. I have a 9900 with .694 ATT installed. So, according to the BL quote below, I should use the full (as opposed to Java only?) version and extract it over the installed 694 folder. Wut? Where should that folder be and what should it be named? Help would be appreciated.

"First of all you will need to install 7.1.0.694 for AT&T for your selected devices Please do not try this over difference base versions as we cannot guarantee the results. Then you drop this java mix into the java folder, shrink to your liking and run your loader.exe. If you have a Bold 9900 you can use our Full OS package here Full ATT OS 9900 just extract it over the installed 7.1.0.694 directory."
    You will find the installed OS in this location on your computer:

C/Program Files/Common Files/RIM/Shared/Loader Files

Copy the .alx files from the Hybrid Download and paste into what we call the base OS (the .694) making sure to agree to over write for all copied files

Do the same for the Java Files by pasting and agreeing to overwrite all the copied files into the Java Folder of your base OS

You are then good to go, so if you usually shrink go ahead and do it, then install either by app Loader or DM

Pretty sure that you are going to like it a lot.

There is a battery pull schedule to follow as recommended by the creators.

After you do the set up and install your apps do a battery pull.

Do a second one before you go to bed on the day of install and leave on charge overnignt.

For the following 2 days do a further 2 battery pulls each day at least 6 hours apart.

Follow this schedule and after 48 to 72 hours your Bold will be rocking !!!

Any more questions ask away in the AT&T Special Thread in the Hybrids Forum please, the team who build these remarkable OS's are always on hand as are many experienced users.

For the next few hours I won't be one of them I'm afraid, it's 8:00 Friday night in the UK so time for BEER !!!

Good Luck and welcome aboard the BL Experience
    sheldonbk and mmcpher like this.
    10-05-12 02:12 PM
    I installed a leaked 7.1 on my 9900 quite some time ago and currently I am still able to access the device hotspot without subcribing to an att tethering plan. if i upgrade to the official 694, what are the odds I'll still have access to the hotspot without a tethering plan?
    Slim to none, and Slim has just left town !!!
    level likes this.
    10-05-12 02:18 PM
    Thanks Legal Eagle! I should have given it more time, but I found the right folder and since it was downloaded as an .RAR file, I simply extracted it to the .694 folder and selected overwrite all in the pop up box which I hope accomplishes the same thing. I have sometimes shrunk and sometimes not, with new OS's and have never really noticed a difference. But as it's a hybrid, I think I will do the full install.
    10-05-12 02:57 PM
    Slim to none, and Slim has just left town !!!
    I was afraid of that. Would it be the same result updating to another carriers version?
    10-05-12 03:27 PM
    I'm facing random reboots of my Bold with this update (AT&T Official)... :S I thought that was in the past! Way in the past!
    10-05-12 09:38 PM
    Thanks Legal Eagle! I should have given it more time, but I found the right folder and since it was downloaded as an .RAR file, I simply extracted it to the .694 folder and selected overwrite all in the pop up box which I hope accomplishes the same thing. I have sometimes shrunk and sometimes not, with new OS's and have never really noticed a difference. But as it's a hybrid, I think I will do the full install.
    Nice one.

Please drop us a line in the Hybrid Forum Thread to let us know how you are getting on with your shiny new OS.
    mmcpher likes this.
    10-06-12 04:59 AM
    I was afraid of that. Would it be the same result updating to another carriers version?
    It's controlled by your own carrier no matter which carriers OS you have installed.
    10-06-12 05:00 AM
    I'm surprised by the poor results and negative comments.

I've installed the AT&T official version using the desktop manager, and have had minimal issues (basically had to reboot a couple of times to get everything to settle down and play nice). Overall, very painless transition. Battery life is definitely better - takes about 24 hours to reach 15% with moderate usage, while heavy usage still requires a daily charge. However, it is much better than what it was before I updated. I used to have to switch batteries after 7-8 hours, every day.

The tethering isn't a big deal as I carry a mobile hotspot with me.

GPS seems to respond better and more accurately.

Speed seems slightly better, but that may be just my perception.

Before the upgrade, I was getting the spinning dial quite a bit. Now it is less frequent, but more disconcerting since the dial no longer spins, but hangs there stationary, giving the impression of being locked up. It does go ahead and process; just seemed scary, at first.

This software is an improvement and I can live with it until BB10 w/QWERTY comes out. Although that hybrid does look tempting.

Only gripe I have with the phone now is the camera. It is quite limiting when looking for software that'll scan bar codes (other than QR), since no one wants to write app for a phone that has a camera unable to accurately focus on the bar code. Can't blame them, but in my line of work, it would be so handy to be able to scan VIN numbers and UPC bar codes.
    10-06-12 08:54 AM
    This software is an improvement and I can live with it until BB10 w/QWERTY comes out. Although that hybrid does look tempting.
    Give in to that temptation, you won't believe how much better the Hybrid is over the standard OS
    The only clock you will see is the one that tells you the time !!!
    The V2 update released on Thursday is a very very good OS.
    sheldonbk likes this.
    10-06-12 09:24 AM
    I'm surprised by the poor results and negative comments.

I've installed the AT&T official version using the desktop manager, and have had minimal issues (basically had to reboot a couple of times to get everything to settle down and play nice)..
    It's always been a mystery to me the way customers with identical handsets and services experience such disparate results with software upgrades. I guess 3rd Party apps may be the culprit. FWIW, it's only been a day with the new BL Hybrid, but its quicker and more stable, and much browser improvement, and longer battery. YVMV.
    Legal Eagle and sheldonbk like this.
    10-06-12 12:06 PM
    Nice one.

Please drop us a line in the Hybrid Forum Thread to let us know how you are getting on with your shiny new OS.
    Very happy so far, so will do!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-06-12 12:07 PM
    Very happy so far, so will do!
    Pleased to hear that you are liking your new OS.

Keep an eye on the Hybrid thread, there are always updated versions coming available as the BL team strive for perfection.
    10-06-12 12:11 PM
    I'm facing random reboots of my Bold with this update (AT&T Official)... :S I thought that was in the past! Way in the past!
    Perhaps a bad install. I would reinstall OS but wipe with BBSAK or BBHybrid Tool before re-installing.
    You may also want to consider the AT&T version of the Berrylicious Ultimate hybrid. They really do wonders improving on stock OS. The browser is faster, for example. A link to it is in my signature.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-07-12 12:06 AM
    Been running this official At&t for over week now. It was working fine until today when I tried using it outside. The trackpad wouldnt respond, and it just started going crazy moving and selecting things on its own....like it was possessed! It was very cloudy/overcast all day so I found this weird. Hadnt experienced the sunlight issue since my stock OS. Pulled the battery a few times, soft rebooted, and tried messign with some settings.....didnt fix it until I went back inside.

Time to try the Hybrid mentioned above.
    10-07-12 11:30 PM
    I've been using this update for the last couple of weeks and so far it's great EXCEPT....for the random reboots lol. Doesn't happen too much but it does happen here and there, unfortunately it happened to me both times while on the phone (which totally irritated me..) I'll try the hybrid and see how that fares

***UPDATE*** October 26th 2012

I've been using the Hybrid for 10 days now and I have to say it works absolutely perfect. Haven't had a random reboot since. Bravo Berrylicious, Bravo.

For all you AT&T 9900 users I highly recommend the Berrylicious Hybrid OS specially designed for AT&T. The official .694 resolved most issues for me but not all. The Hybrid added much more stability plus resolved the random reboot issue I started to get after the last official update. Make sure it's the updated version (listed as V2) and make sure to follow the after installation instructions (the required multiple battery pulls over the prescribed time frame) Check it out

Last edited by Mr_Ricky_66; 10-26-12 at 09:00 AM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-15-12 11:21 PM
    Random reboots are a hardware issue not a software issue. You must call your carrier and get your device replaced.
    10-30-12 10:26 PM
    Random reboots are a hardware issue not a software issue. You must call your carrier and get your device replaced.
    Not always. Just doing a wipe and reload, then restore (custom backup) selectively only what's needed and then, that shouldn't happen anymore. Mine used to do that, until I took the time to decide what I didn't need and made a custom backup to do once a week via desktop manager. I don't have that issue anymore.
    10-30-12 10:34 PM
    Well am a newbie, tried of whaiting for BB10 I ditched my 9800 (os6) for 9900 with 7.0, it had been update to 7.1.0 bundle 1149 (7.1.0.342)
    But am having battery issues warming & it hook ups especially when twitter is connected to BBM
    I've updated all apps appsworld inclusive.
    Unfortunately my carrier ETISALAT NIGERIA is not pushing any updates soon according to one of its staff until they're done implementing their 4g
    So what will be a most sensible update for my device cos am intending to bridge with playbook, and use the device as my mobile hotspot also battery is essential
    10-31-12 05:48 AM
    I have upgraded to 7.1 threw rroyy.

This allows the phone to be a hotspot and use NFC.

My question is will ATT find out?

Thanks,

Dan
    11-17-12 12:09 AM
280 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD