I updated last week from .576 to the latest AT&T .694 and the battery life improvement is quite noticeable. I'd recommend it. I did a complete wipe before I loaded this.
    10-01-12 12:03 AM
    I updated last week from .576 to the latest AT&T .694 and the battery life improvement is quite noticeable. I'd recommend it. I did a complete wipe before I loaded this.
    Hello what tools u used to complete wipe? im using BBSAK before and still same, nothing working for me.
    10-01-12 06:17 AM
    Is battery life good with 7.1.0.694? And how about memory leak rate?
    10-01-12 07:14 AM
    Battery life improved alot and NFC working !
    Tmo usa os .694 very stable on 9900.
    Last edited by mike22; 10-01-12 at 09:30 AM.
    10-01-12 09:27 AM
    Battery life improved alot and NFC working !
    Tmo usa os .694 very stable on 9900.
    thanks I think I'll give this os a try

PS: Is there a way to upgrade an os without losing the way I located apps in folders before upgrading? It's so annoying when I have to create folders again and put apps in there again.
    10-01-12 09:57 AM
    thanks I think I'll give this os a try

PS: Is there a way to upgrade an os without losing the way I located apps in folders before upgrading? It's so annoying when I have to create folders again and put apps in there again.
    yes back up device on desktop !
    10-01-12 10:02 AM
    � Is there a way to upgrade an os without losing the way I located apps in folders before upgrading? It's so annoying when I have to create folders again and put apps in there again.
    I don't think that's an issue anymore.
    What method do you ise to upgrade? No separate wipe is necessary. Follow upgrade guide on Page 1 in post #6.
    10-01-12 10:24 AM
    Hello what tools u used to complete wipe? im using BBSAK before and still same, nothing working for me.
    No separate wipe is necessary, unless you've had critical errors occurring.
    Follow upgrade guide on Page 1 in post #6. Loader will wipe device during OS loading process.

Separate makes some extra work for you. Doesn't hurt to do that once in a while, but certainly not required every time.

BBSAK will work, as will BBMCP.
    I can't remember if BBHTool can do a wipe too. Not at my PC, so I'll check later.
    10-01-12 10:28 AM
    Forgive me for not being up to date on the new upgrade for ATT. I have upgraded but what is "Near Field Communications"? It is in the Manage Connections section.
    10-01-12 03:19 PM
    Forgive me for not being up to date on the new upgrade for ATT. I have upgraded but what is "Near Field Communications"? It is in the Manage Connections section.
    About NFC technology - BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Smartphones - User Guide - BlackBerry Bold Series - 7.0
    lang007 likes this.
    10-01-12 03:40 PM
    10-01-12 03:44 PM
    im having a big time memory leak...tried wipe and reload without any 3rd party apps..no difference..never had this on prior os
    10-01-12 03:52 PM
    I use BBH for shrinking the OS and then BBSAK for the wipe. For me, both work great.
    10-01-12 11:17 PM
    No separate wipe is necessary, unless you've had critical errors occurring.
    Follow upgrade guide on Page 1 in post #6. Loader will wipe device during OS loading process.

Separate makes some extra work for you. Doesn't hurt to do that once in a while, but certainly not required every time.

BBSAK will work, as will BBMCP.
    I can't remember if BBHTool can do a wipe too. Not at my PC, so I'll check later.

Hmm. I always do a complete wipe when I upgrade an OS. Nice to start fresh and clear out all the app remnants, log files, cache, etc. Plus in the previous OS I had some minor issues with the backlight brightening and dimming randomly and my proximity sensor goes haywire sometimes and keeps flashing. No biggie. The backlight thing is still happening with the new .694 but too soon to tell on the proximity sensor issue.
    10-01-12 11:22 PM
    Is battery life good with 7.1.0.694? And how about memory leak rate?
    So far I noticed at least a 10-15% improvement in battery life after installing .694. I never had an issue with memory leaks unless I installed a bad app. Although App World still leaks big time for me.
    10-01-12 11:26 PM
    I tried to upgrade but something isn't working

I uninstalled the old os version on my pc, installed the new one and when i install it on my BB it will still load the old os version -.-"

Can someone help?
    10-02-12 03:47 AM
    I tried to upgrade but something isn't working

I uninstalled the old os version on my pc, installed the new one and when i install it on my BB it will still load the old os version -.-"

Can someone help?
    AT&T isn't your carrier, so you need to delete the 2 vendor.xml files from:-

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    C:/Users/Your Name/AppData/Roaming/Research In Motion/BlackBerry/Loader XML
    10-02-12 10:36 AM
    And also don't use DM to update OS, if you were trying to.
    You can make a Backup with DM first, but then close it.

To load OS to BB, double-click file called Loader in AppLoader folder where you found (first) Vendor file.
    Loader will backup your info & apps, wipe device, load new OS, then restore your info & apps.
    10-02-12 11:08 AM
    thank you so much I only deleter 1 vendor file (the one in the same folder as "Loader")

I'll try install the new OS later.
    Thanks again

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 11:48 AM
    If you shrink the OS with BBHTool, it also automatically deletes from primary & secondary locations.
    And there's also Vendelete, a program that only does that.
    10-02-12 12:10 PM
    im having a big time memory leak...tried wipe and reload without any 3rd party apps..no difference..never had this on prior os

That's odd. I can go 3 days and only lose around 5mb if I don't use 3rd party apps.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 12:49 PM
    If you shrink the OS with BBHTool, it also automatically deletes from primary & secondary locations.
    And there's also Vendelete, a program that only does that.

Thank you I used Vendelete and then installed the new os Let's see how it goes. Thanks again

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 04:55 PM
    Me too! Huge memory leak, worse than I had on OS 7. Somewhere over 50mb+ leak. Super annoying. Something in Other under application management is increasing from 30mb to over 80mb in less than a 12 hour period. Not sure about what to do about this.

I tried to upgrade all my apps but some are showing up in app world as uninstalled. I can't tell if there is an upgrade for them or not.
    Last edited by catberryday; 10-03-12 at 01:37 AM.
    10-03-12 01:34 AM
    I've waited for many, many months for an official ATT release because of the mic issue with other carriers' releases. So it finally hits and it flat out stinks. . . . it's like 4 upgrades back in terms of battery life, bugginess and is perhaps the worst browsing experience ever with my 9900. Good Old ATT -- they might not be fast but at least they get it wrong when they finally get to it. I'm having spontaneous reboots and freezes. Honestly, this may be the worst OS I've ever had on the 9900. I hate to go back and have to delete the latest official release. I suppose I could do a wipe and reinstall. But will that help?
    10-03-12 11:20 AM
    I suppose I could do a wipe and reinstall. But will that help?
    In your case, yes it will help.
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-03-12 11:28 AM
280 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD