Downloaded and installed this version, zero issues. Overall impression is that the phone has gotten a tad snappier. Wish AT&T rolled out updates more often though.
    Mr_Ricky_66 likes this.
    09-21-12 10:02 PM
    Day 2 and no mic issues...

So far this OS is running very very smooth for me. Maybe AT&T OS upgrades really are optimized for AT&T phones. Who knows but so far it runs better than any OS I've had to date. Great battery and most importantly, NO mic issues (which has really been the crux of all my problems with OS updates...)
    ZeeSl likes this.
    09-21-12 10:18 PM
    i said eff it and downloaded it today on my phone and my wifes phone. seems to be good so far but as usual its new on the phone after a wipe so she runs like a brand new device.
    09-21-12 11:43 PM
    Came from 7.0 verison..
    So faaar...
    Everything been working good.
    The NFC is enable. Thank God finally going to order those NFC TAGS.
    Battery saving mode and Blackberry Device Analyzer are really neat add on features
    Mobile hotspot unusable don't need it since I will be connecting blackberry bridge only anyway.
    Updating to 7.1 Removed Blackberry Bridge. So i updated to the new version of bridge for 7.1. Everything working smoothly. Setup is smooth. All of my APP IS still their.
    Did not experience any MIC ISSUE like people claim to have.
    Elite1 and ZeeSl like this.
    09-22-12 01:27 AM
    Maybe AT&T OS upgrades really are optimized for AT&T phones.
    There's little doubt that RIM produced this version specifically for AT&T at their request. Not always so, but this time, yeah.

I recall a similar "custom-built" release with the Bold 9700 for T-Mobile users. Same concept: bunch of old parts mixed with just enough new to fix a couple specific problems.
    09-22-12 01:35 AM
    grr
    It sounds like everyone is really liking this release. If only Mobile Hotspot was not disabled on this Release I would upgrade to it.
    09-22-12 01:49 AM
    grr
    It sounds like everyone is really liking this release. If only Mobile Hotspot was not disabled on this Release I would upgrade to it.
    Well I've got good news for you then…

Mobile Hotspot is only disabled by AT&T for AT&T users. It will work fine & dandy for you and me on Telus.
    09-22-12 02:46 AM
    Has anyone tried this new ATT 9900 build 7.1.0.694 on a Tmobile 9900 with success?
    09-22-12 05:22 AM
    Has anyone tried this new ATT 9900 build 7.1.0.694 on a Tmobile 9900 with success?
    Why would they? This is a fairly old build really only meant for AT&T users to fix their mic issue problems. Use .658 instead.
    ormani likes this.
    09-22-12 05:38 AM
    Battery is very good on this build.
    09-22-12 05:45 AM
    Yes they have, but...

Why would they? This is a fairly old build really only meant for AT&T users to fix their mic issue problems. Use .658 instead.
    ... what he said.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-22-12 05:50 AM
    grr
    My Mobile hotspot is working. FYI - I do pay for the service...
    09-22-12 06:39 AM
    Keep an eye out on the BL Hybrid thread.

The team are currently working on a Hybrid based on this OS for all you AT&T users out there.
    09-22-12 07:00 AM
    Upgraded to this yesterday. I went from 267 to 523. 523 was perfect for battery life. The only problem was the radio and the fact my phone with reboot on it's on sometimes:s...so I ended up going back to 267. I noticed the application resource monitor is not in this version and the blackberry device analyzer. Is there something I have to do to enable both? It hasn't been 24 hours yet..but the battery life doesn't seem as good as 523 was. Anyone here tried 658?
    09-22-12 07:20 AM
    I noticed the application resource monitor is not in this version and the blackberry device analyzer. Is there something I have to do to enable both?
    You can DL Application Resource Monitor as a standalone app from App World.
    If Device Analyzer is hidden with any recent OS's that you try, open Options app and enter ALT+BBDA.

It hasn't been 24 hours yet..but the battery life doesn't seem as good as 523 was. Anyone here tried 658?
    I've heard good things about 658 but haven't tried myself yet.

Also 714 has leaked for pretty much every device except 9900. Expect that to be available imminently too.
    09-22-12 07:34 AM
    You can DL Application Resource Monitor as a standalone app from App World.
    If Device Analyzer is hidden with any recent OS's that you try, open Options app and enter ALT+BBDA.

I've heard good things about 658 but haven't tried myself yet.

Also 714 has leaked for pretty much every device except 9900. Expect that to be available imminently too.
    I tried the alt+bbda and it didn't work.I'm currently reading the 658 thread and there's nothing but bad comments about this at&t version. It seems like 658 is the way to go.
    09-22-12 07:36 AM
    My Mobile hotspot is working. FYI - I do pay for the service...
    He's on Telus anyway. It works for us for free.
    09-22-12 07:37 AM
    I tried the alt+bbda and it didn't work.I'm currently reading the 658 thread and there's nothing but bad comments about this at&t version. It seems like 658 is the way to go.
    ALT+BBDA is only if you can't already see it, but you said you could IIRC.

Anyway, for ARM go here from your BB's Browser:

Check out Application Resource Monitor!
    09-22-12 07:43 AM
    Phill, I'm still running .569 on T-Mobile as I haven't had time to update but I was ready to install 694 until I saw your post. Are you saying I should go .658 from Telefonica instead of .694 from AT&T?
    In my book, you are the gold standard for updates.

Thanks
    Last edited by charlielefaux; 09-22-12 at 10:21 AM.
    09-22-12 09:37 AM
    Phil, I'm still running .569 on T-Mobile as I haven't had time to update. Are you saying I should go .658 from Telefonica instead of .694 from AT&T?

In my book, you are the gold standard for updates.

Thanks
    My advice would be if you're an AT&T user and have suffered with mic issues on other recent OS7.1 versions, then this is the OS for you.

For everyone else who wants to 'upgrade' their OS, then go for .658 instead. Do NOT let the higher OS number of .694 fool you. It was obviously in testing for some considerable time, and is a very long way from being the 'latest' OS version. In fact you would actually be 'downgrading' to .694 from .569 and by some considerable margin.
    Willard814 and charlielefaux like this.
    09-22-12 09:58 AM
    My advice would be if you're an AT&T user and have suffered with mic issues on other recent OS7.1 versions, then this is the OS for you.
    Until the BL Hybrid verison of the OS appears which could be a soon as tomorrow.

Keep an eye on the Hybrids Forum.

Should be appearing as a new thread to make it clear that it is AT&T friendly.

You AT&T guys and gals deserve a really good OS after all the problems you have had getting 7.1
    Willard814 likes this.
    09-22-12 10:17 AM

For everyone else who wants to 'upgrade' their OS, then go for .658 instead. Do NOT let the higher OS number of .694 fool you. It was obviously in testing for some considerable time, and is a very long way from being the 'latest' OS version. In fact you would actually be 'downgrading' to .694 from .569 and by some considerable margin.
    Thanks for your advice! It's very much appreciated.
    (And I apologize for misspelling your name as Phil, I've corrected it in my post as Phill.)
    09-22-12 10:23 AM
    Thanks for your advice! It's very much appreciated.

(And I apologize for misspelling your name as Phil, I've corrected it in my post as Phill.)
    No probs
    You could also try .714 that's just dropped for the 9900, over in the Leaked/Beta OS Forum.
    09-22-12 10:30 AM
    Hi,
    Need some help.
    Can I update with Mac? Or only windows?

I guess wifi is not an option? (out of country right now.)

If that the case, then what about 'Over the Air'? Has anyone tried with success?
    09-22-12 12:10 PM
    I'm seeing a 27%/hr discharge rate streaming nobex. Coming from .3something where I was only at around 15-18%. Has anyone else experienced this.
    I have been using this OS for 3 days days now and each day the discharge rate(while streaming) gets a little higher. Might a wipe-fresh install only backing up data help?
    FlyBoy190 likes this.
    09-22-12 12:23 PM
280 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD