oh for the love of god

how do i turn off the bbm group messages thing that shows at the top again? I cant get anything done cuz one group is blasting the room with updates
    09-21-12 12:42 PM
    Turn off notifications within group preferences/options. Within bbm that is.

oh for the love of god

how do i turn off the bbm group messages thing that shows at the top again? I cant get anything done cuz one group is blasting the room with updates
    09-21-12 12:49 PM
    I'm sticking with this for the long haul until the next comes up, unless battery life and all deminishes.

No complaints for now.
    09-21-12 12:50 PM
    Turn off notifications within group preferences/options. Within bbm that is.
    thats not it, its the one where it keep popping up at the very top then goes away after like 5 seconds
    09-21-12 12:54 PM
    Upgrade was smooth. I didn't delete the vendor.xml since I'm on ATT. Don't know if that makes any difference.

This update is much slower with the hotspot feature than my previous version.

I can only hope that it is a result of the iPhone5 massive data traffic on this very day. Because if it is down from 4Mpbs to 1 Mbps - then this will be a downgrade for me.
    09-21-12 01:10 PM
    I lost my applications folder cuz it was just sitting there after i uninstalled the east asian fonts so i disconnected it and now i don't know how to get it back. all my programs are still on the phone i jst cant get to them without that folder.

How do i get it back?

I have 2 set up folders which is what i created to put all the wifi and options icons in it.
    Last edited by blueyestm; 09-21-12 at 01:17 PM.
    09-21-12 01:12 PM
    I lost my applications folder cuz it was just sitting there after i uninstalled the east asian fonts so i disconnected it and now i don't know how to get it back. all my programs are still on the phone i jst cant get to them without that folder.

How do i get it back?

I have 2 set up folders which is what i created to put all the wifi and options icons in it.
    Try typing Application in the search, top right of the phone.
    09-21-12 01:22 PM
    i went ahead and installed one of the language files hoping that will bring back the folder itself and delete the duplicate folder, waiting on a reboot right now.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    09-21-12 01:25 PM
    yep it came back now to reregister all these fricken apps grr

blast - it killed off my starbucks app now.
    Last edited by blueyestm; 09-21-12 at 01:39 PM.
    09-21-12 01:33 PM
    Either TMo is doing work in Fort Lauderdale today or there is something horrid with .694. Been driving around and way too many times my phone has been in GPRS. Haven't ever seen GPRS with this phone prior to .694.

Wish someone could get the .714 leak for the 9900!!
    09-21-12 01:50 PM
    is this upgrade any good?

what is battery life like?

cheers all

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-21-12 02:02 PM
    is this upgrade any good?

what is battery life like?

cheers all

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    it just came out so there's no telling at this point
    09-21-12 02:09 PM
    Installed yesterday, everything works perfectly, especially the mic: better sound on both ends than my 9810. Switched at&t plan to cheaper 1gb at&t mobile share & tethering works really well with 7.1 's tethering- which is 100% allowable under mobile share
    09-21-12 02:47 PM
    Can I get this "New" 7,1 installed on my ATT 9900 at a ATT store. I don't have a computer
    09-21-12 03:10 PM
    .694 is a bomb. Had two sudden reboots today during calls. After the second reboot, I'm now reloading .658.
    09-21-12 03:16 PM
    So far it's been VERY good on my device. Upgraded last night, no issues today.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    09-21-12 04:33 PM
    Sorry you are having issues with .694.... Downloaded yesterday and I'm not having any issues.

Bob
    09-21-12 04:36 PM
    Totally satisfied with this update been 24 hours and no issues or drains or sluggishness what so ever!! All is smooth
    09-21-12 05:27 PM
    When I open BB desktop everything is fine.

it want to back up first. starts backing up then it stops on Shortcut Settings (1 of 1) and stays there for a long time. Still there.

Is there a fix for this?

Dj Dennis
    09-21-12 05:33 PM
    Can I get this "New" 7,1 installed on my ATT 9900 at a ATT store. I don't have a computer
    If they're nice and not busy... Just call a store and ask.

My #1 recommendation would be to borrow a friend's PC.

Otherwise, AT&T is also rolling out OTA updates for this OS.
    Open your Options app, start typing update, and select Software Updates.
    If it says your up to date, try again in the morning.
    09-21-12 06:41 PM
    Upgrade was smooth. I didn't delete the vendor.xml since I'm on ATT. Don't know if that makes any difference.
    Makes no difference at all.

Vendor doesn't make it onto your BB, it stops Loader from installing the OS on devices from different carriers.

You never need Vendor, so I just always delete it, whether OS is from my carrier or not.
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    09-21-12 06:45 PM
    More like 15 hours now. Stuck on the Backing up your data screen for "Social Feeds" . Can't cancel it, can't stop it, can't find a way to move back or forward. Just got off phone with RIM CS and they don't have a clue.

Ever get this resolved?
    Did you try connecting to a PC and launching DM as another poster suggested?

Unplug it and start over. Maybe do a selective backup instead, then wipe and load it up, restoring the selective backup and reinstalling apps will help.
    He was doing an OTA update, so nothing to unplug.
    russworman likes this.
    09-21-12 06:47 PM
    Watching! Pretty sure mic issue is fixed!
    09-21-12 06:48 PM
    The App World with .694 is an older one. Download and install the latest one, and you will see Update All button back.

I was wondering AT&T just plays a game with the release number. Lots apps in this version are quite old.
    AT&T doesn't number anything, RIM does.

It's possibly a sign of how long AT&T was quality-testing this prior to release.
    09-21-12 07:30 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ma678 View Post
    The App World with .694 is an older one. Download and install the latest one, and you will see Update All button back.

I was wondering AT&T just plays a game with the release number. Lots apps in this version are quite old.
    AT&T doesn't number anything, RIM does.

It's possibly a sign of how long AT&T was quality-testing this prior to release.
    I had the update all button on mine right from the get go cuz bbm and another app was out of date after I got it running.

But Appworld is still slow as molasses on the dang phone. It's almost to the point where its not worth searching for anything on it anymore.
    09-21-12 08:54 PM
280 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD