Hi guys.
    I have never had to do a blackberry update before (just recently got my 9900). My carrier is Telstra (I am in australia) my current version is 9900/7.1.0.428, is there any benefit updating to this version? And will I run into any issues using a version from an international/different carrier? Btw loving my new bold!
    Cheers
    09-21-12 02:30 AM
    Well, I'm super happy.
    Can't say about battery yet, but the fact that I got to keep Device Analyser *and* now have Application Resource Monitor makes me very, very happy.
    Tethering is not a big deal to me so the hotspot feature is not a critical piece for me. Will test out the mic problem later....that one does worry me a touch. Stayed below .4xx to avoid it so we'll see now.
    09-21-12 02:44 AM
    Hi guys.
    I have never had to do a blackberry update before (just recently got my 9900). My carrier is Telstra (I am in australia) my current version is 9900/7.1.0.428, is there any benefit updating to this version? And will I run into any issues using a version from an international/different carrier? Btw loving my new bold!
    Cheers
    I don't think you'll have any issues updating. But I recommend making a selective backup and then, making a selective restore. If you had many blackberries before this, it would be a wise decision to skip out on everything except:

-BIS data
    -browser bookmarks
    -bbm contacts/bbm groups/bbm options
    -messages (only if you have an @carriername.blackberry.com/.net address)
    -address book
    -calender (only if you use it)
    -options
    -icon arrangement
    -theme settings
    -WLAN profiles (wifi), Bluetooth settings.

Apps can always be downloaded again, but I suggest backing them up via BBSAK if you haven't already done so, just in case they were during that free promotion back before the end of august.
    09-21-12 03:12 AM
    Since updating to this version my Blackberry Protect is no longer working and saying "Your wireless service plan does not include BlackBerry Protect". It was working just before the update because I backed up my stuff.. Anyone else have this problem?
    09-21-12 03:13 AM
    Since updating to this version my Blackberry Protect is no longer working and saying "Your wireless service plan does not include BlackBerry Protect". It was working just before the update because I backed up my stuff.. Anyone else have this problem?
    Not me. Mine works fine.
    09-21-12 03:58 AM
    Assuming you haven't changed your plan, it should work. I just backed up after reading your message and it worked as normal.
    Might want to call your carrier.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    09-21-12 04:13 AM
    Downloading via OTA from the "Software Updates" on my BB9900.
    Version 7.1.0 Bundle 1997
    Priority Low
    Size: 48.4MB

Downloading now.
    Update: Started install @ 9 p.m. last night and as of 4 a.m. this morning it was at 52% of overall backup progress on "Social Feeds". Did a battery pull, and it returns the Social Feeds portion of the process and just sits there.

I'm screwed!
    Thanks AT&T for NOTHING!

Anyone know of a way to kill this and either return to starting poiint or restart the install?!
    09-21-12 05:25 AM
    Anyone try this ATT OS build 7.1.0.694 on T-Mobile 9900 BOLD?
    09-21-12 05:39 AM
    Anyone try this ATT OS build 7.1.0.694 on T-Mobile 9900 BOLD?
    I installed it last night, 9900/7.1.0.694
    And I gotta say it isn't as good as the one released by spain, if you're AT&T user and issues with mic, you may install it and see if that's fixed, I'm downgrading.
    09-21-12 05:52 AM
    I got the same thing when I did my 9900 ... I just rebooted my phone and it worked fine
    Are you on a shared plan??
    09-21-12 05:55 AM
    It seems the 'upgrade all' feature has been removed from app world, which is a shame, that was a quality little change
    09-21-12 05:59 AM
    It seems the 'upgrade all' feature has been removed from app world, which is a shame, that was a quality little change
    True, When OS 7.1.0.658 had it and here i didn't even get app monitor app
    this is weird they removed all which the OS .658 had
    I am downgrading right now!
    09-21-12 06:32 AM
    Resend your service books. if that doesn't resolve BB Protect issue, uninstall through Appworld then reinstall.
    09-21-12 06:42 AM
    Install latest version of Appworld. From phone browser visit BlackBerry App World. Follow prompts. Your "upgrade all" will be back.

I just do not understand why .694 included older versions of Appworld and BBM, but newer versions of the Messenger apps (Yahoo, etc.) as compared to .658.

RIM do some funny stuff!
    jordandub likes this.
    09-21-12 06:44 AM
    I installed it last night, 9900/7.1.0.694
    And I gotta say it isn't as good as the one released by spain, if you're AT&T user and issues with mic, you may install it and see if that's fixed, I'm downgrading.
    Do you mean you prefer .658? Why?
    09-21-12 06:46 AM
    From what I have read on other fourms and people here it probably is a mix between the old (pre .400's) when the mic issue was not there, and the new (everything with mic issue) that has all the other features. I am no expert by any means but that is what makes since to me
    I'm having no issues on this os ... No mic issues and loving the hotspot (on shared plan) haven't tried the nfc yet ... I don't see anything for parental controls either
    Some carriers offer parental control options that can be activated by calling CC. RIM offers parental control as well through their BIS service. Your carrier can provision this for you (if you speak with a rep who knows RIM activating well).
    09-21-12 06:54 AM
    Strange. Upgraded last night and it is still there for me...
    09-21-12 06:56 AM
    Strange. Upgraded last night and it is still there for me...
    You musta kept the latest build. The one in this OS is a bit older
    09-21-12 07:08 AM
    Is your DM up to date?

Reboot pc... Make sure BB9900 is connected to motherboard USB port. Avoid hubs.

Reboot phone!!!

In OPTIONS > DEVICE > STORAGE, repair both the built in media as well as the media card.

Try again.
    Thank you. I found that the workaround is to uninstall the Social Feeds app before performing the update and re-install it after the upgrade process is completed using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    09-21-12 07:30 AM
    Update: Started install @ 9 p.m. last night and as of 4 a.m. this morning it was at 52% of overall backup progress on "Social Feeds". Did a battery pull, and it returns the Social Feeds portion of the process and just sits there.

I'm screwed!
    Thanks AT&T for NOTHING!

Anyone know of a way to kill this and either return to starting poiint or restart the install?!
    The workaround is to uninstall the Social Feeds app before performing the update and re-install it after the upgrade process is completed using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    09-21-12 07:32 AM
    I'd recommend you don't use DM for upgrading. Use it only for making precautionary Backups.

Instructions for downloading, installing, and loading this OS directly can be found within Page 1 of this thread.
    Thank you. I found that the workaround using the BlackBerry Desktop Software is to uninstall the Social Feeds app before performing the update and re-install it after the upgrade process is completed.
    09-21-12 07:37 AM
    The workaround is to uninstall the Social Feeds app before performing the update and re-install it after the upgrade process is completed using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    I'm already past that point. The install has already started and it hangs on Social Feeds. How do I cancel the install?
    09-21-12 07:48 AM
    Yes, you have to delete! here u can find a manual: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post7631463
    so what if i have an AT&T handset and i am on a different carrier, do i need to remove the vendor file?
    09-21-12 08:02 AM
    I'm already past that point. The install has already started and it hangs on Social Feeds. How do I cancel the install?
    If you are using Windows, try using the Task Manager and clicking on End Task.
    09-21-12 08:04 AM
    Install latest version of Appworld. From phone browser visit BlackBerry App World. Follow prompts. Your "upgrade all" will be back.

I just do not understand why .694 included older versions of Appworld and BBM, but newer versions of the Messenger apps (Yahoo, etc.) as compared to .658.

RIM do some funny stuff!
    Good shout, thanks
    09-21-12 08:11 AM
280 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD