The official 7.1.0.694 is available for download for the 9900 on AT&T's software page.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do
    bluetroll and cobracam like this.
    09-20-12 04:01 PM
    09-20-12 04:07 PM
    So far so good. No mic issue on my 9900.
    09-20-12 04:08 PM
    Just downloaded and updated a while ago. We'll see if it's a good one.
    Thanks.
    09-20-12 04:24 PM
    For some reason before upgrading in AppLoader it says that all the apps within will Downgrade with this build. Wtf......
    09-20-12 04:39 PM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    09-20-12 04:42 PM
    For some reason before upgrading in AppLoader it says that all the apps within will Downgrade with this build. Wtf......
    Shrink OS for apps that you have greater versions on your device and apploder will update your cods and radio but keep current apps on your device.
    Elite1, ddlax22, theonecid and 1 others like this.
    09-20-12 04:46 PM
    Holy smoke!

2 OS updates on same day... One of them from AT&T!!
    r_hafeed likes this.
    09-20-12 04:55 PM
    I just finished installing and perfecting the previous OS! Downloading now.
    09-20-12 05:01 PM
    LESSSGOOOOOOOOOO!

and its remarkable how much faster it is from rims website other than a mirror...lol
    09-20-12 05:04 PM
    I just upgraded last night, not again i am busy for tomorrow huh
    Is that AT&T, good job then!
    I will try this, Thanks for posing
    09-20-12 05:07 PM
    Software For BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1997 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 7.1.0.1997
    Consisting of:

Applications: 7.1.0.694
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.507
    File name: 9900M_PBr7.1.0_rel1997_PL5.1.0.507_A7.1.0.694_AT_T .exe
    File size: 241.46MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE HERE

---------------------------------------

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1997 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.1.0.1997
    Consisting of:

Applications: 7.1.0.694
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.507
    File name: 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1997_PL5.1.0.507_A7.1.0.6 94_AT_T.exe
    File size: 262.58MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE HERE

Because some people will wanna know...
    09-20-12 05:09 PM
    i'm on .428 now but my device doesn't show an update available ota and when i connect to desktop on my mac it says it can't connect to the update server?? anyone have the same problem or know how to fix, been waiting for the AT&T update for a long time!
    09-20-12 05:10 PM
    ... its remarkable how much faster it is from rims website other than a mirror...lol
    Oh not for long!
    Soon as this news spreads those RIM links will turn to molasses.

I just finished installing and perfecting the previous OS! Downloading now.
    'Tis the way of the world...

Oh hi neighbour!
    I'm in Steveston.
    09-20-12 05:16 PM
    i'm on .428 now but my device doesn't show an update available ota and when i connect to desktop on my mac it says it can't connect to the update server?? anyone have the same problem or know how to fix, been waiting for the AT&T update for a long time!
    Since you're on AT&T, it should work.
    Can you double-check you have the most current version of DM for Mac?
    mkmilan likes this.
    09-20-12 05:18 PM
    Just downloaded and updated a while ago. We'll see if it's a good one.
    Thanks.
    you just download and updated a while ago??? is it just me or does that sentence not make any sense?
    09-20-12 05:20 PM
    Since you're on AT&T, it should work.
    Can you double-check you have the most current version of DM for Mac?
    i have the current version that i can get on my Mac (older Mac) and tried to get it ota directly from my phone but that says it's up to date as well...

i wonder if i can go to an AT&T store to have them update it there??
    09-20-12 05:20 PM
    Downloading via OTA from the "Software Updates" on my BB9900.
    Version 7.1.0 Bundle 1997
    Priority Low
    Size: 48.4MB

Downloading now.
    09-20-12 05:21 PM
    Shrink OS for apps that you have greater versions on your device and apploder will update your cods and radio but keep current apps on your device.
    Hmmmm... Maybe I should have included that point within my guide.
    Guess I'll add it in.

Thanks for the reminder Roy!
    09-20-12 05:23 PM
    is it just me, or do i not see 'upgrade all' in app world?
    09-20-12 05:35 PM
    Cant believe. Second software today? Just updated today to 7.1.0.658... And now this? : x dont know if update this or stay in 658...
    09-20-12 05:38 PM
    Cant believe. Second software today? Just updated today to 7.1.0.658... And now this? : x dont know if update this or stay in 658...
    I go to update my BB9900, the .658 have many issues with "Favorites", i dont know if only me have that problem....
    Last edited by jeremymolina; 09-20-12 at 06:17 PM.
    09-20-12 05:42 PM
    is it just me, or do i not see 'upgrade all' in app world?
    That's not uncommon. It likely installed an older version of App World. Just install App World OTA at blackberry.com/appworld and do a reset/battery pull when prompted.
    Elite1 and bluetroll like this.
    09-20-12 05:43 PM
    Silly question but is it bound to att phones or jst like other official releases u jst delete vendor and install it normally.I live outside the us
    09-20-12 05:49 PM
    Wow! I can't believe it! It's about ****ing time, AT&T! This had better be good after waiting all this time! I am happy to finally be able to use a newer OS on my 9900 without a mic issue!
    09-20-12 05:55 PM
280 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD