Did this phone ever come out on the att network can't seem to find it and how is it compared to the 9700 ...reason I ask is my wife is due for an upgrade and she wants either and I just want her to have the smoothest working thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 10:28 PM
    No, the Bold 9780 was never released on AT&T.
    If you want, you can go the alternative route and purchase one online.
    Canadian 9780's from Telus, Bell, Virgin Mobile Canada, and Rogers will work like a charm once unlocked.
    diegonei and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-22-11 11:42 PM
    Do not buy a 9780 that is branded to T-Mobile USA. If you do, you will not get 3G. AT&T and T-Mobile use different frequency bands for their 3G networks, so if AT&T is your carrier, you will only get EDGE (2G) on AT&T with an unlocked T-Mobile device.
    07-23-11 12:10 AM
    Did this phone ever come out on the att network can't seem to find it and how is it compared to the 9700 ...reason I ask is my wife is due for an upgrade and she wants either and I just want her to have the smoothest working thanks

If your wife is due for a upgrade, wait a few months and get the 9900. It is WELL worth waiting for.
    07-23-11 06:52 AM
    Agreed, the 9900, 9860 and 9810 will all be arriving in the coming months.

07-23-11 07:58 AM
    No but it can be unlocked from many carriers and used on AT&T by inserting the SIM card and updating service book on your BOLD.
    07-24-11 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD