I have just obtained a new Bold 9900 handset and so moved my sim card from my previous 9300 (running Blackberry 6) to this one. It is running Blackberry 7.1. It is a personal use handset, not a business one.

I cannot get gmail contacts to sync at all with the Bold like my previous blackberry. I have set-up the Gmail account and checked the contacts synchronisation option but nothing happens, even if i leave it for many hours. I have tried deleting the account and re setting it up several times, as well as a security wipe of the phone and several battery pulls.

After I've tried synching, the contact list does not appear under the contacts app under menu-options-contact lists.

Is it possible. or is the handset maybe faulty? All I need is simple, wireless synchronisation with my gmail contacts!

Thanks!
    01-14-14 05:50 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Is the Bold on BIS? Do you get the dots on top? Could be your BIS is still set to the Curve and the Bold isn't working due to that.

Hit <carrier>.blackberry.com and double check which device it is linked to.
    01-14-14 09:30 AM
    Thanks for the reply!
    The little dots appeared straight away. Everything on the phone works perfectly (I can browse the internet, download apps, send and receive calls etc), the only thing that doesn't work is the wireless sync of contacts, which is weird. I'm on 3 network btw.

Any other ideas?
    01-15-14 07:24 AM
    Sorted it now thanks! All it took was two more security wipes, must have just been a random glitch
    diegonei likes this.
    01-15-14 03:12 PM