Hello!
    I was hoping someone can guide me, I have currently got my setup as follows : I have my work email address which has been setup with my desktop microsoft outlook. In order for me to recieve emails from this, our external IT dept. has asked for a POP mail a/c and so I created a blackberry email a/c to which all my work email is forwarded to, it had glitches initially but then they sorted it out, so now I get my mails almost instantaneously on my BB.

What I wanted to find out is that how do i go about setting up my outlook and blackberry to synchronise the email so that there aren't any duplications either on my desktop or BB, so for e.g. If I get an email from a client and I wish to reply on my BB, at present, when I have replied and deleted the email, the email at my desktop is still sitting there waiting to be read.

Any suggestions, will be appreciated.
    06-17-09 08:32 AM
    you cant do that with pop accounts. Pop just loads in the e-mails from the server, and leaves them there, it doesn't synchronize from the server so there is no way to have messages that you read on your bb to be shown as read on outlook unless you use an imap account
    06-17-09 09:54 AM
    Okay, just googled what IMAP is, so now I have understood difference between POP and IMAP and the advantages/disadvantages. Will have to investigate how to set it up so that we have the IMAP facility.

Thanks Knicksfan1025
    06-17-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD