Wondering if its at all possible to get a seamless "Over-the-Air" sync going without using 4 different "tools" that never seem to work right.

Here's my dilemma.

I use Outlook as my main repository for Mail, Calendar, Contacts.
    I use Gmail for my personal email
    I use the iPad when i'm out and about
    I use the BBerry for EVERYTHING !

All I want is for these devices to synchronize my calendar and contacts, two ways.

So far here is what i've done. I installed "gsyncit" to take everything from Outlook and Gmail/Google Calendar/Google Contacts, and sync. Then I installed Google Sync on the BBerry to also sync contacts/calendar with Gmail, and the iPad seems to work fine in this mix when setup with google. So Google is basically the first location to get the data if i add a contact or appointment on my blackberry, then gysncit dumps it into outlook. I've been noticing disappearing meetings, duplicate meetings, contacts not being sync'd. Disaster. Is there any utility that will make this worry free?? Any method you all have used and know to work properly?
    07-20-11 11:53 AM
    Google sync has been known to cause duplicates. What I would do is remove the duplicates online and then sync it again. Then again, I don't use google sync, only DM to backup/restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 11:33 PM
    Yea, good luck asherenian. Ive been trying to solve the issue of using google as my calendar and contact main program so I can get to it from my phone and computer. But now I have like 5x copies of my contacts. And some of them have been deleted. I have been looking for an answer but it seems there isnt a real good one. So I wouldnt recommend using either google sync of using the sync in the native email app unless you want a ton of duplicates..

Hope you figure it out,and I hope someone can shed some light on how to solve the issue of the google sync..
    07-21-11 09:27 AM
    Wow...I figured there was a standard program used by many, guess I was mistaken. I'd call google support and ask...but oh, thats right, you can't call google. Will this process work any better if I ditch gmail and go with a hosted exchange account??
    07-21-11 11:40 AM
    Yea, you would think so.. But that would be too easy for us simple consumers who are seeking sync between RIM and GOOG.

But hey I did a few hours of research today combing through these forums and it seems that most people* are using the 'google sync' (From google) without problems. So I deleted my contacts and calendar and started fresh with it. So far, after 2 syncs it has not duplicated contacts and has even updated a few that changed. So I would say AVOID BIS gmail sync and use google's sync.

Oh and im not sure about the exchange sync, i dont use it...

*seems like the majority (~70%) of people use google sync without a problem. but then there are also people using the BIS without problem and say the problem is google sync
    07-21-11 05:15 PM
    Google contacts is crap. Just do the calendar ota and USB sync contacts to outlook.
    07-22-11 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD