In June I installed BB Desktop Mgr. and backed up, yet it says "never backed up, never synched". So for the past 2 days I tried to synch and I get a message that says "Content rights do not match device. Please insert the media card back to the right device". Then it disconnects from the Desktop Mgr. What does that mean? The card originally was in my Curve and then I transferred it to my Bold last year. Is there something I need to do?

I'm now on OS 6, does that have something to do with it? So frustrating and since my husband lost his HTC Evo and it wasn't backed up, I decided I'd better get that done. Can anybody help????
    07-22-11 02:03 PM
    In June I installed BB Desktop Mgr. and backed up, yet it says "never backed up, never synched". So for the past 2 days I tried to synch and I get a message that says "Content rights do not match device. Please insert the media card back to the right device". Then it disconnects from the Desktop Mgr. What does that mean? The card originally was in my Curve and then I transferred it to my Bold last year. Is there something I need to do?

I'm now on OS 6, does that have something to do with it? So frustrating and since my husband lost his HTC Evo and it wasn't backed up, I decided I'd better get that done. Can anybody help????
    Are you saying that you are trying to copy the contents of your media card using DM as a backup? Or are you trying to backup your device data like contacts, messages and bbm contacts?
    07-23-11 04:22 PM
    I did a backup in June to DM. Now when I open DM it says never backed up, never synched. So that's confusing. But then I thought I'll try a sync. Plugged it into my computer (no wifi) and into the phone. It gave me a choice of charge, sync and something else. I clicked on sync. It tries to connect, then the error message "Content rights do not match device. Please insert the media card back to the right device"comes up and it disconnects. I just want to make sure, if something happens with my BB it's backed up and current.
    I want to back up my contacts, pictures and music. Music and pictures are on the SD card.
    Any ideas?
    07-25-11 01:58 PM
    I did a backup in June to DM. Now when I open DM it says never backed up, never synched. So that's confusing. But then I thought I'll try a sync. Plugged it into my computer (no wifi) and into the phone. It gave me a choice of charge, sync and something else. I clicked on sync. It tries to connect, then the error message "Content rights do not match device. Please insert the media card back to the right device"comes up and it disconnects. I just want to make sure, if something happens with my BB it's backed up and current.
    I want to back up my contacts, pictures and music. Music and pictures are on the SD card.
    Any ideas?
    Yes i can help you with this, Chris. When you back up with DM you will be backing up your contacts (phone numbers and all that jazz). Then if you want a back up of your card contents, I would just plug into my PC and copy everything from my card to a cd/dvd or to the hard drive (or external hdd) for that matter. I have never used sync to save the contents of the media card. Do you have a PC you could use?
    ChrisD#CB likes this.
    07-25-11 05:50 PM
    Yes I have a PC. So what you're saying is put the SD card into the PC and drag and drop the songs and pictures, rather than backing them up? But still, I need to be able to sync my contacts periodically. Do I have to remove the SD card before I do that because the contacts, settings etc are on the phone proper, right?
    07-29-11 10:51 AM
    This is related to WMDRM on you device. You must have had the Media Card in another device which created a license file on the Media Card that is unique to the device.

Easy Fix:

1. Go to the Media Card and locate the System folder. (Menu > Show Hidden is you don't see it)

2. The file is located at /Media Card/system/drm/__wmdrm_sfs

3. Delete the license.hds file

PLEASE NOTE: If you had DRM content (Rhapsody subscription synced from PC), you will lose the licenses for those files. You can always get new licenses. This was put in place to prevent people from moving DRM content from one user to the next.
    09-13-11 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD