I happened to notice an entry in my contacts had their email listed twice, so as it was highlighted, I hit "delete" in the menu button. Instead of just deleting the extra email address, it deleted the whole entry. I thought it would be no problem that it would add it back when I did a sync with my MS Outlook the next time… Well it didn't! I had to manually enter the information again into my Bold. WTF? Seems like if you delete something like a contact that it won't automatically add it back on a sync! Is there a way or a setting so if this happens again that the contact entry will be added back?
    07-11-09 07:58 AM
    Bump........
    07-11-09 10:53 AM
    it's not supposed to bring it back after you delete it. if you delete something on either the phone or the desktop the program/BB takes that to mean that you don't want it and deletes it in the corresponding application. think about it, if it came back like you are asking it would be like "ground hog day". you'd delete something you didn't want. you'd sync. it would come back. you'd delete again. sync. it would come back. lol

if you want to get back a contact that you deleted and perhaps can't recall the details of the contract to recreate it, you will have to use the advanced restore feature to bring back the contacts.
    07-11-09 11:16 AM
    it's not supposed to bring it back after you delete it. if you delete something on either the phone or the desktop the program/BB takes that to mean that you don't want it and deletes it in the corresponding application. think about it, if it came back like you are asking it would be like "ground hog day". you'd delete something you didn't want. you'd sync. it would come back. you'd delete again. sync. it would come back. lol

if you want to get back a contact that you deleted and perhaps can't recall the details of the contract to recreate it, you will have to use the advanced restore feature to bring back the contacts.
    Thanks!! I'll give that a shot.
    07-11-09 11:33 AM
    Change your sync settings to prompt prior to deletion. That will give you a chance to Resync and put all of the information back on both devices.
    07-11-09 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD