Hello all, this is my first thread, and I want to say hey!...and i need some help..(of course, right?).

Well, after a week of muddling it over, im finally switching over from the iphone to the 9700..it all started when my buddy told me to get a bb, whilst my phone was lagging crazy!..and that was it..

now, i need help switching over..i know bb desktop manag. will move all my address book contacts over, from my mac(correct me if im wrong). that is the most important part..will it also move the email addresses within the contact card?

also, is there anythign else previous iphone users would like to hint to me about? any special advice?

im excited for the switch..ready for the last 2 iYears to be behind me! hello bb
    04-05-10 02:04 AM
    Blackberry's run apps in the background. Simply hitting the ESC key, or just switching to another app does not necessarily close an app. And how long and how many apps you leave running have an impact on battery life.

To see what apps you have running, use Alt+Esc or on the Bold 9700, hold the menu key...
    04-05-10 02:21 AM
    I sold my 3G and got 9700. Love it! My DM didn't do that for me (move contacts) but I didn't mind adding one by one. It didn't take me long to figure out BlackBerry so just play with it.

P.S. It is addictive!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 04:15 AM
    quite addictive...have fun with ur 9700!

When I made the switch I had my contacts synced with outlook (not hard to do that) and then when I got my blackberry, synced that device with my outlook as well which copied all the contacts onto the 9700.
    04-05-10 08:26 AM
    ITS THE BEST PHONE/MESSAGING DEVICE! im so happy with the switch..havent missed the ithing yet..i have everything, and more..i feel so much more productive!
    04-08-10 07:49 PM
    Glad your enjoying you new toy. Welcome to club.
    04-08-10 07:57 PM
    Welcome. Another soon to be CrackBerry Addict. haha.
    04-09-10 01:15 AM
    Welcome!!!! Enjoy
    04-09-10 04:36 AM
    That's good to hear!
    04-09-10 06:13 AM
    I came from a 3GS and somethings I've found:
    For weather, I use the paid version of weatherbug. Great "at a glance" home screen weather and temp displays, fast loading motion weather maps, and other data.
    For podcasts: get podtrapper. There is a free version but if you are coming from an iphone, you probably follow podcasts. In that case, you'll LOVE Podtrapper! It automatically downloads all your different podcasts programs plus, you can listen to all your media through a basic bluetooth headset.
    For bletooth: I use a Plantronics Voyager pro and it works great with my 9700. However, there a lot of different bluetooth headsets out there that will serve you well. With the battery life as great as it is on this phone you won't have to worry about leaving bluetooth on all day on your phone. For fun: get berry buzz. It gives you a bunch of different LED indicator colors and blink styles. Adds a whole new dimension to message alerts!
    Hope this helps in your transition!

04-09-10 06:59 AM
    Forgot one other thing. I would suggest you download and install a different browser. I use Opera. It makes those web pages quite a bit easier to read. I haven't tried the newest version of Opera but my older version is awesome! There are other browsers available that you might prefer. Just search the threads and ask the uber-berry skilled users on here. I'm sure you'll get a variety of options that you can research and make a decision.

04-09-10 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD