Hi,

I am a newbie here and I am not sure where to ask this kind of question. I posted the same question in Desktop Software. I am sorry if it is not allowed to do double post.

So here's my story:

I am moving from O2 to Orange. My old Bold 9000 is on O2 and my new Bold 9780 is on Orange. So, different devices and different network providers. Both devices/SIM cards are active and locked to its own provider. First I want to move all my contacts and BBM to the new device (9780 Orange) before cancelling my O2 contract.

My question is, can I use Switch Device Wizard to copy from 9000 O2 to 9780 Orange? Will it not copy O2 specific service books and overwrite Orange ones if I do that?

Another option I know is to use Backup/Restore facility. However, will this facility automatically re-invite my BBM contacts to the new PIN like what Switch Device Wizard does?

Thanks a lot
    08-24-11 12:43 PM
    Forgot to add that;

I am on BIS with O2 (old network) and on BES with Orange (new network)
    08-24-11 03:56 PM
    Yes you can. Service books are pushed by the carrier (and BES Admin in your case) so if you thing something is not working right just call hithe Admin and have him push them again.

If it is a work issued device, I would not install any apps or load any personal info on it thou. If it is yours, I would be curious on why the BES account...
    08-24-11 04:31 PM
    Thanks diegonel,

When you say yes I guess it is for using Switch Device Wizard. I will try your suggestion today and hopefully everything is going to be fine.
    08-25-11 01:13 AM
    Nei. Diego Nei

Let us know how it goes.

EDIT: From deleted thread/post.

Bad move having BOTH devices active (also, no need for a new thread but here we go).

1- On the old phone, BBM > Menu > Options > Scroll down to Backup;
    2- Bakcup to the SD card;
    3- Delete all contacts from the old phone. Turn it off;
    4- Move the backup file to the new phone;
    5- On the new phone, BBM > Menu > Options > Scroll down to Restore
    6- Load the backup from the file.

Problem solved on your end. Broadcast a message to your contacts saying "Delete the other me if you have a clone".
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-25-11 at 10:42 AM.
    08-25-11 08:06 AM
    I prefer to backup the old device and selectively restore data to the new device' calendar, contacts,memos and messages.
    08-25-11 08:08 AM
    OK so I choose BBM restore instead of "more risky" Switch Device.

I have now restored BBM into the new 9780.

I can see all my contacts from the new device but it seems that some of them can't see the new me. Some of them see both of me (old and new), some see only new PIN and some still see old. I don't see any option to re-invite my contact list to ensure that all got my new PIN.

Do I need to broadcast a message to them all and ask them to add my new PIN? Or does this process take some time to finish?
    08-25-11 09:17 AM
    This is what was suggested by diegonei

Bad move having BOTH devices active (also, no need for a new thread but here we go).

1- On the old phone, BBM > Menu > Options > Scroll down to Backup;
    2- Bakcup to the SD card;
    3- Delete all contacts from the old phone. Turn it off;
    4- Move the backup file to the new phone;
    5- On the new phone, BBM > Menu > Options > Scroll down to Restore
    6- Load the backup from the file.

Problem solved on your end. Broadcast a message to your contacts saying "Delete the other me if you have a clone".
    I tried it and broadcasted a message to everyone. I then was offered to re-invite every one who couldn't see the new me yet.

One by one started to accept my re-invite but I think they have missed my broadcast. These people see two me.

I guess I have to wait until everyone has added me before re-broadcasting the message again to make sure they get it this time.
    08-25-11 10:17 AM
    If you do what I said, in the order I said, you really should not have problems with the ones that see only one of you.

Problem is damage has been done already when you had two active PINs under your name.

But you'll get there! Just gotta take a lil longer. And I bet you'll enjoy the 9780 .
    08-25-11 10:44 AM
    I guess I shouldn't have activated the new one before finishing with migration. Now I have to pay the price and walk through this rather painful process. I learned the hard way.

But as you said, I will get there ... eventually ...

Thanks for your help diegonei
    08-25-11 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD