K so I had a blackberry tour 9630 on bells network and because of so many trackball issues i decided to switch over to a unlocked blackberry bold 9000. I bought a brand new one from kijiji which was locked to rogers. I got it unlocked and went to bell and got it activated but I've got a couple problems I'm hoping someone could help me with:

1. At the top where it says carrier it says bell with a roaming sign next to it and when i called bell they say im not roaming is there anything I can do to fix that.

2. This phone was brand new and sealed with the protective film still on it and everything yet I'm having problems with clicking the track ball. Scroll works perfectly but i cant click on stuff unless i really push down with 2 fingers, or press the enter button. To fix this do i need to replace the track ball or do i just need to clean it? and in order to clean it can i just use rubbing alcohol with a qtip and rub it over the ball or do i have to take apart the phone and clean the track ball or the sensor or something:S

3. When I want to update my phone would I use bells update or rogers or is there a specific one for unlocked phones:S

I would really appreciate if anyone has solutions to my three problems.
    Last edited by KPV30; 07-12-10 at 06:42 PM.
    07-12-10 06:39 PM
    1. Sorry can't help.

2. Try a very small amount of rubbing alcohol on a microfiber cloth. Sounds like a faulty trackball but cleaning is easy.

3. Bell is easiest. But any OS may be used if done properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 07:25 PM
    1. Sorry can't help.

2. Try a very small amount of rubbing alcohol on a microfiber cloth. Sounds like a faulty trackball but cleaning is easy.

3. Bell is easiest. But any OS may be used if done properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So I dont have to take apart my phone? I could just rub the microfiber cloth over the trackball?
    07-12-10 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD