ok so I have had my javelin(8900) from at&t for about 2 weeks now and Im enjoying it, but reading about the tour keyboard and the bold keyboard makes me wonder if i wanna turn it in and pay 50 and get the bold? i know the whole 3g vs edge and faster processor, but the main thing is that it seems all the new blackberrys have that look of the 8900 and tour and it seems all the upcoming berries will look like that and the bold is kind of big and has a weird look. idk if i should go for bold or keep 8900... what do you guys think?
    07-07-09 03:54 PM
    ok so I have had my javelin(8900) from at&t for about 2 weeks now and Im enjoying it, but reading about the tour keyboard and the bold keyboard makes me wonder if i wanna turn it in and pay 50 and get the bold? i know the whole 3g vs edge and faster processor, but the main thing is that it seems all the new blackberrys have that look of the 8900 and tour and it seems all the upcoming berries will look like that and the bold is kind of big and has a weird look. idk if i should go for bold or keep 8900... what do you guys think?
    I have both.

All I can say is that if I could only keep one, it would be the Bold.
    07-07-09 03:59 PM
    I prefer the bold. For me, its all about 3G. Makes my cell reception so much better.
    07-07-09 04:06 PM
    I have both.

All I can say is that if I could only keep one, it would be the Bold.
    I'm the opposite. My Bold suffered an awkward accident. I could have chosen
    to replace it with another but opted for the Javelin. Better camera, 2x the
    memory, less bulky form factor and a much much better screen, dedicated
    buttons for keyboard lock and standby. Aside from 3G the Bold can't touch
    the Javelin IMO.
    07-07-09 04:09 PM
    yeah see i've always prefered the smaller form factor but lord knows everyone loves the bold keyboard and hates the 8900 keyboard but personally i don't mind the 8900...
    07-07-09 04:14 PM
    I like the 8900 for a backup but I would never take it over the Bold. I use my Bold for a lot of video watching and viewing PDF and PPT files so having the bigger screen is a huge bonus. I also much prefer the keyboard on the Bold over the 8900. The buttons just feel better and doesn't have as much clack when I'm typing.

Add in that I can talk and use Google Maps for directions because of 3G just makes it a no brainer for me. I don't run out of memory on my Bold because I only have the applications I actually use and I'm not big into using my phone for pictures with the exception of showing someone something.

But I can see if someone likes having a bunch of programs and is a socialite could easily like the 8900 over the 9000.

As for the looks? Well, it is Bold, in your face I'm no looking like anything else bad *** looks that feels so leathery good.
    07-07-09 04:18 PM
    Go play with the bold and if you like it more then get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 05:00 PM
    the bold is all around a great phone! its got me hooked on bb's!
    07-07-09 06:49 PM
    I'm the opposite. My Bold suffered an awkward accident. I could have chosen
    to replace it with another but opted for the Javelin. Better camera, 2x the
    memory, less bulky form factor and a much much better screen, dedicated
    buttons for keyboard lock and standby. Aside from 3G the Bold can't touch
    the Javelin IMO.
    agreed

ten char
    07-07-09 07:26 PM
    I have both, the resolution, camera, and memory on Bold sucks, but i like its keyboard..when i purchased the Bold yesterday, switching to Bold i think it's a "downgrade"... because i will keep them both, so it's not a dilemma. but for you, i think you'd better keep the 8900....
    07-07-09 08:39 PM
    yeah thats what Im thinking, and concerning speed, i played with both devices and couldnt tell a difference (i'm talking about processor speed not 3g vs edge) and ive gotten used to the keyboard so i think ill keep the 8900...

however if anyone has anymore pressing arguments for the bold please let me know!
    07-07-09 09:02 PM
    I would have to say Bold over 8900. 8900 is far too small for my hands. Either way I don't understand your reasoning for wanting to switch.
    07-07-09 09:05 PM
    That's exactly my dilemma couple days ago when its time for me to upgrade my phone. I didnt want to get another iphone so I played w/ both at the store. Both are nice but I ended up choosing the bold, I thought it's far more superior over the other.

Look at it this way, it's like choosing between a Civic EX and a Civic Si.
    Last edited by darna; 07-07-09 at 09:40 PM.
    07-07-09 09:38 PM
    haha I would say Mercedes S550 or S600...
    07-07-09 09:54 PM
    If you live in a good 3G area, I would go for the Bold. Not because of a huge speed difference, but because you will have simultaneous voice and data. So you can talk on the phone while browsing, emailing, gps, downloading, and other data-related activities. Both have WiFi, so if you have regular access to that, 3G may be a moot point.

Other than that, it's simply personal preference based on what's more important...form factor, size, looks, keyboard, camera, screen, UMA, etc. I LOVE the looks of the Bold and the big size, but I'm a big guy, and that's just my preference. YMMV...either way, you'll have a great device.
    07-07-09 09:59 PM
    I prefer the Bold. I like the feel of the keyboard.
    07-07-09 11:46 PM
    Just because I have 30 days to return it. So I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't regret grttingthe javelin over the bold. I don't know I think I'm going to stick with the 8900 hope that doesn't anger the 'boldies'!
    07-07-09 11:53 PM
    Just because I have 30 days to return it. So I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't regret grttingthe javelin over the bold. I don't know I think I'm going to stick with the 8900 hope that doesn't anger the 'boldies'!
    No worries...I can assure you no Bold owners will get "angry". The 8900 is a great device in its own right.
    07-08-09 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD