Hey guys, my girlfriend has a bold in excellent condition and she wants to trade it for a curve 8900... I was wondering if i can switch my pin into her phone since its in better condition and mine is quite used up. Or am i better off doing a full housing swap along with the lcd screen because i have a single deadpixel in mine
    Last edited by Big Earl; 06-06-09 at 07:16 AM.
    06-06-09 07:14 AM
    Swapping PIN's is not possible.
    06-06-09 07:58 AM
    ....it is possible....it just requires RIM to specifically manufacture a new device with the PIN you desire!

They used to do it regularly for the senior guys at Rogers who were so PIN dependent!
    06-06-09 08:02 AM
    ....it is possible....it just requires RIM to specifically manufacture a new device with the PIN you desire!

They used to do it regularly for the senior guys at Rogers who were so PIN dependent!
    Ok so the OP should call RIM and get his PIN swapped? Give me a break!
    06-06-09 08:07 AM
    Chill....just making a point that it can't be done without an exceptional effort....like committing to buy millions of BB's for you customers!
    06-09-09 08:50 AM

I got it and thought it was funny!!!!
    06-09-09 08:54 AM
    Big Earl ..... if your phone is no longer under warranty or invalid to obatin one.... then do a full housing swap, LCD, main plate = the buttons and so forth ..... but not the mainboard.

So basically your wanting to use her screen and housing is all and buttons if hers is better ... as for PIN swaping NO we as little consumers an do that.

Once done the swap .... then her phones looks crappy and the insides is still her PIN, then she can trade that crappy looking abused bold in for the 8900 as it will be registered to her cause of her PIN.

If her PHONE is under a plan, warranty ... DO NOT do this swap ..... if suspected by Rogers Reps.... that can screw her of getting a trade in.
    06-09-09 09:09 AM
    it's called a joke, you should buy underwear that isn't so tight.
    06-09-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD