Hi, short story is my wife got the Bold about a year ago. I just got a Curve 8900. We are both on ATT and want to swap phones.

Aside from swapping the sims and me resetting the pins on my BES server, are there any gotchas I need to be aware of?

Any clues or suggestions would be of great help and major appreciation.

I think the sim swap, adjusting the BES pins and full backups of each device, we should be good to go right?

Thanks
    Bob
    07-11-09 12:57 PM
    You will need to change the PIN numbers on AT&T's BIS page. But that and what you mentioned will take care of it.
    07-11-09 03:19 PM
    Ah good point. I only use ATT's BIS for one email address, the others come through my BES at work.

Thanks for the pointer.

Bob
    07-11-09 03:45 PM
    Thanks again for the pointer Rim_Bot.

The swap went well and quickly. When I set each device to do the enterprise activation, I was warned the phone would be wiped and rebooted. I approved that on each phone and they went to it. Shortly thereafter I reset each user at the BES to authenticate and run the enterprise activation on each phone. Yes enterprise activation was run twice on each phone, but what really happened was the first run through merely went into the wipe process. The enterprise activation went fine and everything was working as it should.

I then called CS at ATT and had them swap the phone number to IEMI listing they had. That was more of a formality than anything, as calls and data were working properly.

Done. No big deal, but figured I would follow up in case anyone else was going to do this.
    07-15-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD