Hey Guys,

My Bold's battery was flat whilst out and about so my partner and I did a quick battery swap then parted ways. Once my phone rebooted it was unable to connect to my service provider. I tried to call him to see if he was having the same problem and it looks like his is switched off as well

I've done a few reboots, checked that I didn't knock my sim card out of place etc. to no avail..

Any thoughts or suggestions as to whats going on?

TIA
    06-23-09 09:24 AM
    This makes no sense. Are they both BB OEM batteries?
    06-23-09 09:31 AM
    This makes no sense. Are they both BB OEM batteries?
    Im not sure what OEM means, but they are both the original batteries that the phones came with. Perhaps its a service outage as we're both with vodafone australia, my googlefu hasn't found anything though...
    06-23-09 09:34 AM
    try this
    1) hit your menu key
    2) options
    3) mobile network
    4) change your network selection mode to manual ( select your carrier) If no carrier is found select any carrier listed. after the connection fails to register pull the battery out again for 60 secs and start the phone back up. Call your carrier after trying that.

There could be an outage in your area with your service. but I would try the above first..

I hope it helps
    Last edited by powerhousevolley; 06-23-09 at 09:37 AM.
    06-23-09 09:34 AM
    try this

There could be an outage in your area with your service. but I would try the above first..
    These still happen?! :O
    06-23-09 09:37 AM
    try this
    1) hit your menu key
    2) options
    3) mobile network
    4) change your network selection mode to manual ( select your carrier) If no carrier is found select any carrier listed. after the connection fails to register pull the battery out again for 60 secs and start the phone back up. Call your carrier after trying that.
    Thanks for the advice, I gave it a try to no avail. I guess I'll wait till I get home to put my own battery back in and see if that's really whats causing the issue. I'm starting to get a little shaky without my crackberry though!!!!!
    06-23-09 09:51 AM
    Thanks for the advice, I gave it a try to no avail. I guess I'll wait till I get home to put my own battery back in and see if that's really whats causing the issue. I'm starting to get a little shaky without my crackberry though!!!!!
    Check with your provider about the outage as suggested above. The battery should have no effect on this as long as it has juice. Unless of course it's very low, in which case it will start shutting off the radios.
    06-23-09 09:54 AM
    Ok so I called my provider and I've worked out I can make phone calls and send SMS I just cant get data.

So weird. I'll have to wait for the Blackberry department to open up in the morning (Its 1am here)

Thanks again to everyone that helped
    06-23-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD