Hello all,
    I thought i share this, so i had 7.1 .342 on my 9900 and it was fine but had a few issues as any other 7.1 have had, so anyways when i got my phone i had 7.0 installed and there was a 7.0 upgrade available cause my carrier haven't released any 7.1 yet i bet they won't even bother to but who cares, so i had a very good battery life with battery saving mode ON and everything was fine but that OS had bugs

On all 7.1 releases, issues i had
    1) Touch screen doesn't work in direct sunlight
    2) Screen timeout resets to 20 seconds after every restart/battery pull
    3) Twitter never showed notification alert at all no matter what ever i do

Some other issues i don't remember anymore but then i switched to 7.0 (though DM) and since then, everything is fine, i mean i seriously have NO ISSUE with the phone at all, not even a thing!
    The only thing that i'm concerned about is the battery life on 7.0 (.585) cause on 7.1 (267/342) i gets more than 12 hours + and today i tested this and was using it for lets say 11 hours and it was all dead by then, And between all those hours i don't think i left my phone alone for a while maybe but usually i was on it

So my question is, should i be on this OS ? with this battery life or should i upgrade to the new leaked .402 ? and please tell me if that OS is any better.

Thanks a lot for always helping out.
    04-21-12 02:29 PM
    .402 is definitely better in battery life across all devices. However, on the 7.0, the best in my opinion was 7.0.0.474. If you are hesitant, you can technically use 7.0 radio file with the 7.1 cods to make a hybrid. Personally, I would try out .402 first, and if you don't like it, decide from there
    linuxbbm likes this.
    04-21-12 02:35 PM
    .402 is definitely better in battery life across all devices. However, on the 7.0, the best in my opinion was 7.0.0.474. If you are hesitant, you can technically use 7.0 radio file with the 7.1 cods to make a hybrid. Personally, I would try out .402 first, and if you don't like it, decide from there
    Thanks a lot, but i never tried hybird and all can you tell me a way how to exactly?
    New to Blackberry and my first ever device so, Well i am not sure if my carrier had 7.0.0.474 but this built is really great but as i said maybe its cause i don't have battery saving mode thats why i don't know tho but do give .402, i am downloading it
    But thanks, i hope some carrier soon is gonna release that as official.
    04-21-12 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD