all of a sudden i noticed after reviewing a pic i had just taken that my other pics were gone. I went to my options/ memory/ says "memory card not currently inserted in device". I can read the card find in an sd card reader attached to my computer but phone suddenly doesn't recognize. any ideas?

tried battery pull, nothing
    I have saved my files on the computer and reformatted then put back nothing.

I have blackberry bold 9700
    03-26-10 11:14 PM
    I was gonna suggest formatting. Do you have another sd card you can test out, it would help disect the problem better.
    03-26-10 11:23 PM
    i tried another just slipped it in while phone on. my husbands but it didn't read. could it have anything to do with upgrading bb software?
    03-26-10 11:49 PM
    1. Move all data from the media card to your desktop or another location. (This can be done using Mass Storage Mode and BlackBerry Desktop Manager.)
    2. Disconnect/eject the BlackBerry from the computer.5
    3. Select Options from the BlackBerry menu.
    4. Select Media Card.
    5. Push the menu button (just left of the navigation ball) while viewing the Media Card screen.
    6. Select Format Card.
    7. Answer Yes to format the media card. (If you’re not okay with losing all data on the card, go back to step 1 and start again.)
    8. Move your data back to the card once the formatting finishes.
    Heres the full article: Same problem as yours-
    Fix Memory Card Error on BlackBerry Without Computer - OmniNerd
    03-26-10 11:54 PM
    yeah that would probably help if the options menu had memory card as an option it only has memory. i think it has only memory because it doesn't recognize that one is even in the device. super frustrating for sure. i appreciate your effort in trying to figure this one out but all forums seem to lead to this weird dead end? dunno but i may call it a night and just call up the provider for tech help
    03-26-10 11:59 PM
    Heres another story

after I accidentally dropped my blackberry, my memory card stopped working. when I go to the media card under options, it tells me the media card cannot be read & to verify that the memory card is formatted; however, it won't let me format it. It tells me media card format failed. When I took it to Verizon the only thing the lady did was put her card in my phone & her's worked & took mine & put it in her phone & it didn't work in her phone either. She said it could be that I have just 1 corrupt file on the card that could cause it to stop working due to a security feature the blackberry phone has.
    03-27-10 12:02 AM
    hmm interesting. i will check with them tomorrow at the bell world location near me. i will def post back to let you know the status.
    03-27-10 12:06 AM
    Pull out the battery, then pull out the memory card, then clean the contacts of the memory card (carefully), put back the card and insert firmly, put in battery, transfer any data to a computer, reformat the card using the built-in menu options, never unplug the USB until you count slowly to 5 after the computer says it has ejected successfully.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 06:14 PM
    HELP....
    I've been trying to insert my media card into the slot for the past 2hrs now on my blackberry curve 9310 and nothing is working.
    Can someone please explain to me what I'm doin wrong...
    Thank you...
    08-22-13 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD