05-26-13 10:44 PM
104 123 ...
tools
    I saw in another thread that someone reported no more stuttering after installation of OS .650. Being somewhat desperate to fix my 9780 stuttering, I downloaded and installed the leaked .650. (I understand this is now an official release). In four days since then, I have not had a single stutter while entering text. I used to get it about every second or third line.

I don't doubt the stutter is a hardware problem, but it appears that there is a software fix in .650. I would be interested in other's experiences who have had the stuttering problem and upgraded to .650.
    08-29-11 10:29 AM
    Yeah I've been wondering the same thing and posted in another thread. I have never had no stutter for this long. And I'm sure hardware defects can be remedied with software fixes so why not.
    08-29-11 11:11 AM
    .650 is a go!
    08-29-11 01:01 PM
    I remember posting a thread a few months ago asking why they couldn't just fix the stuttering with a software update... I got torched by a few forum members for even thinking software could fix a hardware problem.

:P
    08-29-11 01:18 PM
    I remember posting a thread a few months ago asking why they couldn't just fix the stuttering with a software update... I got torched by a few forum members for even thinking software could fix a hardware problem.
    The stuttering happens so quickly, it could be the hardware sending repeated keypresses at inhumanly fast intervals. It doesn't seem unreasonable that a routine could have been inserted to ignore faster-than-human repeated keypresses, thereby "fixing" the hardware problem. Whatever the reason, I'm a very happy camper.
    08-29-11 01:24 PM
    The stuttering happens so quickly, it could be the hardware sending repeated keypresses at inhumanly fast intervals. It doesn't seem unreasonable that a routine could have been inserted to ignore faster-than-human repeated keypresses, thereby "fixing" the hardware problem. Whatever the reason, I'm a very happy camper.
    Yeah yeah, exactly. That is what I was thinking long back when I posed the question. It seemed to me that exactly what you said would be the operative fix and hopefully that is what they did

08-29-11 01:27 PM
    here we go again......let me know when you get the stuttering again.

im on .650 and have been for awhile and i still get it every now and then. guess my software is different than yours.
    08-30-11 03:48 AM
    I don't have any stuttering since 3rd week running .600.

Does that mean .600 cured my Bold? Or maybe all it needed was some wearing down of the membrane?
    08-30-11 09:59 AM
    here we go again......let me know when you get the stuttering again.

im on .650 and have been for awhile and i still get it every now and then. guess my software is different than yours.
    Just reporting the facts. All I know is my phone was stuttering so much, I ordered an Android phone to replace it. It stuttered on virtually every message I sent, usually at least one word (and often more) every second or third line of text I entered. I was tired and irritated of correcting the errors. When I saw the report that .650 had stopped the stuttering for others I tried it. After installation of .650 which has now been five days ago, I've experienced no stuttering. I made no other changes to the phone.

Draw whatever conclusions you want.

Oh, and the new membrane I ordered weeks ago arrived in the mail yesterday (finally). I'm not planning on installing it.
    08-30-11 10:14 AM
    I have also noticed that my phone hasn't stuttered and I have been using 650 for about a month or so now. A previous build also did a great job at minimizing the stutters, but then when I upgraded (not to 650) the stutters returned. 650 has been the best build for anti-stutter, as I haven't seen a stutter yet. Very impressed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-30-11 01:49 PM
    I cant believe that the stuttering has gone with this version of the OS.
    08-31-11 03:49 AM
    My 9780 would sometimes freeze when switching between app's and then I installed the BB messenger upgrade and my BB was messed up yo. It was slow and stuttering between messages, it had a delay on it etc.

I have now installed the new 6.0 bundle 2534 and it is much faster. Phones feels like it has had another stick of ram added to it
    08-31-11 04:54 AM
    sorrry for the n00b question but what does stuttering means? i also have bb bold 9780.
    08-31-11 05:01 AM
    its like pausing, delay for few seconds, crushing, pain in the ***, etc

Iam currently running v6.0.0.570, platform 6.6.0.212. I just read the sticky about the .60upgrade, may consider it later on.
    08-31-11 05:08 AM
    sorrry for the n00b question but what does stuttering means? i also have bb bold 9780.
    if your BB stutters, your messages will look like this:

Hhello, I amm here to showw you whaat a stutterinng keypadd will resullt iin.
    thaguh4real likes this.
    08-31-11 10:08 AM
    Yeah I've kinda noticed that the stuttering stoped after I installed the .650 leak...I thought that enough dirt had come between the contacts that the stuttering was solved LOL.

Haven't stuttered in weeks , this keyboard issue was the only annoying 9780 problem (apart from the gaping hole on the right side of every ones screen.)

09-01-11 01:52 PM
    Hi Guys, i am so happy to know that theres a solution to the keypad typing issue.
    But from where can i download the software version you guys have downloaded?

Thanks in advance
    09-03-11 03:42 AM
    This thread is absolutely a non sense. There's no chance that a keypad issue can be solved OR IS CAUSED by a OS NEVER.

Those who believe vice versa are just dreaming mythologists and are the same kind of person that bring their cars to the mechanic and don't even know if they use petrol or gasoline!
    Last edited by Imperor_69; 09-03-11 at 04:27 AM.
    09-03-11 03:51 AM
    This thread is absolutely a non sense. There's no chance that a keypad issue can be solved OR IS CAUSED by a OS NEVER.

Those who believe vice versa are just dreaming mythology and are the same kind of person that bring their cars to the mechanic and don't even know if they use petrol or gasoline!
    Ive had my Bold 9780 for close to a year now, why would every one suddenly not experience the stuttering key input issue AFTER they have installed .650?.

Every one knows their own BB's the best. And i have tried recreating the-s conditions where my keypad used to usually stutter, with no results of stuttering what-so-ever.

The funny part is that i noticed this myself and thought that either

1) My constant pounding on the keypad has done some good and some how magically corrected the faulty contacts.

2) The exact amount of lint, dust and food particles have created a second membrane for which corrects the faulty one.

These options were pretty wild, and i was just content that i dddoooont tyypee liike thiiss.

Then it struck me that the stuttering stopped after i installed the .650 leak, and the official release as well. I came to the forums to post this anomaly, and found that other users have reported the same thing as well.

I highly doubt this is a large scale fluke, that has 9780 users not having the stuttering problem after the .650 update.
    09-03-11 04:29 AM
    I don't think this stuttering issue fixed by OS... Im using this version but stil have
    09-03-11 05:36 AM
    It is a coincidence, probably that day you went to Mcdonald's eat chips with your hands and type with oily fingers and woila' the keypad shuttering was fixed!

People like you, unfortunatelly, misunderstand and confuse the principales of Fisic Events and Eletronic Hardwares issue. I mean can't you figure it your self?
    Something determinated by a fisical, wrong alignment of a membrane how can be fixed by a new OS install? As I stated there is a lot of confusion going on these days
    09-03-11 07:45 AM
    I'll just add my own 2 cents worth here ...since installing .650, I can honestly state that neither I nor my co-worker who also installed the updated OS, have experienced the stuttering keyboard issue. I have replaced my 9780 no less than 6 times because of the annoying issue, so I certainly know how much of a PIA it was. Maybe it's coincidence (a BIG coincidence as Elaine Benis might say), and/or maybe the issue will come back over time, but for now, I am enjoying my 'stutter' free typing ...
    09-03-11 05:04 PM
    It is a coincidence, probably that day you went to Mcdonald's eat chips with your hands and type with oily fingers and woila' the keypad shuttering was fixed!

People like you, unfortunatelly, misunderstand and confuse the principales of Fisic Events and Eletronic Hardwares issue. I mean can't you figure it your self?
    Something determinated by a fisical, wrong alignment of a membrane how can be fixed by a new OS install? As I stated there is a lot of confusion going on these days
    Just keep a watch on this thread and other threads on the solved stutter on .650. You'll see the results.

09-04-11 03:24 AM
    my stuttering stopped since I installed a hybrid OS made by wu-wei, it has been 3-4 weeks since and no stuttering was ever detected...
    Last edited by marksasongko; 09-04-11 at 08:34 PM.
    09-04-11 11:53 AM
    out of the box my phone was stuttering atleast 10 times a day. so far after a wipe and update, ive been good. however its only been two days ill report back in a week.

EDIT

Its been two weeks and im sure the stuttering is gone or significantly improved (once time it happened but im pretty sure it was a case of me being half asleep in bed). Successssss!
    Last edited by 1mangoo; 09-18-11 at 01:22 PM.
    09-04-11 07:05 PM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD