Its still their even after update. I called t-mobile friday and got a replacement monday as it is a known hardware issue by t-mobile and rim call and get your replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 05:15 AM
    I haven't had one stutter after I updated weeks ago and before I did it was driving me insane because it was so frequent I was about ready to smash it!

I had even returned it to the store before for them to repair under warranty but they literally did nothing to it and sent it back saying the problem was resolved when it wasn't so it had totally put me off blackberrys in general.

I am extremely lucky a friend showed me this thread because its completely fixed for me now.
    09-23-11 12:34 AM
    Hi, for those who fixed the stuttering, do you mind sharing what keyboard key rate you guys set yours to?
    09-26-11 08:19 PM
    Hi, for those who fixed the stuttering, do you mind sharing what keyboard key rate you guys set yours to?
    I cant remember what the default setting is but mine stuttered from the beginning. I tried changing key rate to medium slow and slow but the stuttering never went away. It even got worse at times. I've been on .650 for few weeks now and I have changed it back to normal. Not one stutter yet.
    09-27-11 12:26 AM
    Thanks, seems like my keyboard stuttering was "fixed" after installing a new os too, I'm now on .666

09-27-11 01:39 AM
    Well, FWIW... .650 didn't cure my stuttering. It did greatly decrease the severity, but I still get stuttering on the g and h keys if the weather's not perfect.

.... and to follow.

I've had .650 installed for a little more than a week and I have to admit that the stuttering has just about dissappeared. 'H' can still stutter occasionally, but it doesn't seem to stutter anymore than I would considerable acceptable with any device. If I didn't know it was a pre-existing condition, I wouldn't know it was a condition at all.
    09-27-11 01:02 PM
    laaaate to jump on a band wagon, but better then never. I stopped following this problem on the net when I gave up home RIM is gonna do anything about it. I didn't wanna call tmobile and ask for a replacement while my phone was still under warranty because of so many people saying they got the same problem with a new phone.
    For a while changing font to default completely cured it on my phone but it came back like a plague.
    Two days ago I decided to see if there's any news and saw this. Great!
    Did it on my phone last night, used .723 bundle 3106 and so far so good.
    About to do it on wife's phone and then all will be good with the world finally.
    Thank you RIM and thank you Crackberry people!
    03-02-12 12:20 PM
    I have the stuttering problem with Tmobile 9780 Bold. When I found this topic on stuttering fixed by OS 6.0.0.650 I went to desktop manager and did the only available update. This update is 6.0.0.448 which went smoothly but had no efffect on the stutter. How do I update to 6.0.0.650? When I check for updates on Desktop Manager it says I'm current with the most recent update and no other update is available. Assistance is much apppreciated.
    05-15-12 01:41 PM
    I have the stuttering problem with Tmobile 9780 Bold. When I found this topic on stuttering fixed by OS 6.0.0.650 I went to desktop manager and did the only available update. This update is 6.0.0.448 which went smoothly but had no efffect on the stutter. How do I update to 6.0.0.650? When I check for updates on Desktop Manager it says I'm current with the most recent update and no other update is available. Assistance is much apppreciated.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ocedure-53359/

Pay extra attention to step 6. Steps 7 and 8 are optional.
    05-16-12 12:44 AM

@2candle: You need to use the Advanced Procedure from that link. And as raino says, no need for steps 7 and 8. (I have never bothered in any of my upgrades)

Make sure you have a good backup first with DM just in case anything goes wrong. Generally you should be fine. the instructions sound more complex than they really are.
    05-16-12 12:13 PM

Thank you for the reply. Update went smoothly. Stutter is gone.
    Just two negatives:
    Camera no longer has crop&save.
    All of my word substitution entries were lost.

Getting rid of the stutter really gives the feel of a new phone.
    05-18-12 07:53 AM
    @2candle: You need to use the Advanced Procedure from that link. And as raino says, no need for steps 7 and 8. (I have never bothered in any of my upgrades)

Make sure you have a good backup first with DM just in case anything goes wrong. Generally you should be fine. the instructions sound more complex than they really are.
    Thank you for the reply. Update went smoothly. Stutter is gone.
    Just two negatives:
    Camera no longer has crop&save.
    All of my word substitution entries were lost.

Getting rid of the stutter really gives the feel of a new phone.
    05-18-12 07:54 AM
    Camera no longer has crop&save
    When did any BlackBerry ever have a native cropping tool? Are you sure you didn't have an application that added this functionality?
    05-20-12 03:36 PM
    When did any BlackBerry ever have a native cropping tool? Are you sure you didn't have an application that added this functionality?
    Good evening. Yes, the Bold that I purchased about 15 months ago did have crop&save available in the camera options. You would zoom and pan until you had the image just as you wanted, and then you could save it either as a new file or override the original file. I've confirmed that this was dropped from OS6 by reading topics related to that feature. Having done some research in the App world, the next best thing in my opinion is an app called "A+ Picture Effects". Its much slower than the native crop&save, but it gets the job done and has many other photo-related features. As for the other issue of losing all of my Autotext, there is an app named "AutoTextBackup" which addresses this need.
    05-28-12 07:27 PM
    Okay ppl, i'm a lurker, and upon hours of wasting "precious" office hours, trying to research the keyboard stutter, i happened upon this thread.. Most of you are saying the OS change to .650 removed that stutter, right? I have .448 on a Mexico 1 phone, and have super mega awesome stuttering, where almost every word has the "automatic" doubling or tripling, if not twice a word !! So, reading this post, i am inclined towards updating my OS to .650 ... Should i go for it?? Most of you are saying that your phone's stuttering got fixed with the OS update, hence i'm enticed to try this as well... Because it is annoying as heck to correct every word!!
    06-06-12 01:18 AM
    Okay ppl, i'm a lurker, and upon hours of wasting "precious" office hours, trying to research the keyboard stutter, i happened upon this thread.. Most of you are saying the OS change to .650 removed that stutter, right? I have .448 on a Mexico 1 phone, and have super mega awesome stuttering, where almost every word has the "automatic" doubling or tripling, if not twice a word !! So, reading this post, i am inclined towards updating my OS to .650 ... Should i go for it?? Most of you are saying that your phone's stuttering got fixed with the OS update, hence i'm enticed to try this as well... Because it is annoying as heck to correct every word!!
    as ive said many times in this thread and many others, its a hardware issue and 650 wont fix it. see the link in my sig to really learn what causes it and how its fixed. feel free to upgrade to .650 but i doubt it will really help.
    06-06-12 01:49 AM
    as ive said many times in this thread and many others, its a hardware issue and 650 wont fix it. see the link in my sig to really learn what causes it and how its fixed. feel free to upgrade to .650 but i doubt it will really help.
    Yup.. I am ready to try the clean and do thing.. I will take it to a BB service store first, and see what they say.. If they say can't be helped, i'll say "skreu u" to them and i'll give it to a guy who knows how to opens phones and repairs them for his life.. :P Or if i don't find that fella, heck, i'll do it myself.. But, just to try out the option, i will install the latest update..

P.S. I just checked, my phone when connected to DM doesn't have any updates available after .448... i have downloaded my service provider's .863 update from the bb site.. will that work for the test?? i mean how to go about the update??
    Last edited by jmd.aKBar; 06-06-12 at 04:09 PM. Reason: changed the service provider, when checked, it was mine only! :)
    06-06-12 03:55 PM
    650 stopped the stuttering immediately and there has been no reoccurence of it. I don't mean for the facts to get in the way here, but there is no reason to do any physical alteration to your phone. Simply install 650.
    06-07-12 03:38 AM
    650 stopped the stuttering immediately and there has been no reoccurence of it. I don't mean for the facts to get in the way here, but there is no reason to do any physical alteration to your phone. Simply install 650.
    hmm.. lets see... i have to go home to try that.. can't do that in the office.. My boss might be inclined to kill me for even thinking to do that here.. :P

Out of curiosity, 863 would be good as well, right? or should i only try 650??
    06-07-12 03:44 AM
    hmm.. lets see... i have to go home to try that.. can't do that in the office.. My boss might be inclined to kill me for even thinking to do that here.. :P

Out of curiosity, 863 would be good as well, right? or should i only try 650??
    There is no 863. That's probably the bundle version you're reading. Look for OS version, something like 6.0.0.723 (which is the latest.)
    06-07-12 08:55 AM
    There is no 863. That's probably the bundle version you're reading. Look for OS version, something like 6.0.0.723 (which is the latest.)
    ZOMG!! My bad.. So sorry.. I'll look and post the screenshots of what i saw and what confused me.. Could you please help me identify which one is the OS version in this?

Thnks!
    06-07-12 09:03 AM
    Just looked it up, package version 863 from your carrier is actually 6.0.0.285. Ancient.

There's a 6.0.0.706 (package 6.0.0.3049) available from the same carrier as well.
    06-07-12 09:41 AM
    I just realised, my phone's original vendor is T-mobile... I bought it as an unlocked piece.. Any help with that???
    06-07-12 04:59 PM
    I just realised, my phone's original vendor is T-mobile... I bought it as an unlocked piece.. Any help with that???
    If your Desktop Manager does not detect an update (.650 or newer), use the Advanced Procedure listed here. Steps 7 and 8 are optional. Note steps 4 and 6.
    jmd.aKBar likes this.
    06-07-12 06:54 PM
    If your Desktop Manager does not detect an update (.650 or newer), use the Advanced Procedure listed here. Steps 7 and 8 are optional. Note steps 4 and 6.
    @raino thanks a lot.. i have got my phone on to .723 now... lets see how it works.. quarter of an hour of typing all the keys like this in memopad didn't show any stutter!!

Qwertyuiop
    Asdfghjkl
    Zxcvbnm
    No stutter till now...

Others on this post, i'll post my result of the testing in sometime!!
    06-08-12 12:15 PM
104 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD