It is a coincidence, probably that day you went to Mcdonald's eat chips with your hands and type with oily fingers and woila' the keypad shuttering was fixed!

People like you, unfortunatelly, misunderstand and confuse the principales of Fisic Events and Eletronic Hardwares issue. I mean can't you figure it your self?
    Something determinated by a fisical, wrong alignment of a membrane how can be fixed by a new OS install? As I stated there is a lot of confusion going on these days
    Do you mean physics and physical or is fisics and fisical what you where aiming for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 07:53 PM
    The stuttering happens so quickly, it could be the hardware sending repeated keypresses at inhumanly fast intervals. It doesn't seem unreasonable that a routine could have been inserted to ignore faster-than-human repeated keypresses, thereby "fixing" the hardware problem. Whatever the reason, I'm a very happy camper.
    I was thinking this is probably the explanation too. It's clearly a hardware issue, but .650 seems to have solved the issue for me *knocks on wood*

09-06-11 01:50 AM
    It is a coincidence, probably that day you went to Mcdonald's eat chips with your hands and type with oily fingers and woila' the keypad shuttering was fixed!

People like you, unfortunatelly, misunderstand and confuse the principales of Fisic Events and Eletronic Hardwares issue. I mean can't you figure it your self?
    Something determinated by a fisical, wrong alignment of a membrane how can be fixed by a new OS install? As I stated there is a lot of confusion going on these days
    Wouldn't that be like saying that you can't speak French if you've never been to France?

09-06-11 04:49 PM
    2 1/2 days running .650 and not one stutter. I have to agree with the OP in theat the stutter seems to be solved with .650. Only issue I'm seeing a faster battery drain.

09-06-11 07:32 PM
    For all of you saying .650 is the cure:

Rollback to .446 or any .3xx and use your device as usual for 24 hours then go and update back to .650 and give it another 24 hours. Post back your findings.

This is called testing. I'll just assume everybody speaks the truth when findings start coming after 48 hours. If the theory is sound, yuo'll have 24 hours of stutter followed by 24 hours of stutter-free typing.

PS: My stutter stopped weeks prior the update to .650, it could have been all it needed was a little wear.
    09-06-11 08:20 PM

Rollback to .446 or any .3xx and use your device as usual for 24 hours then go and update back to .650 and give it another 24 hours. Post back your findings.

This is called testing. I'll just assume everybody speaks the truth when findings start coming after 48 hours. If the theory is sound, yuo'll have 24 hours of stutter followed by 24 hours of stutter-free typing.

PS: My stutter stopped weeks prior the update to .650, it could have been all it needed was a little wear.
    A valid point, as I always found a fresh firmware installation (any version) would help reduce the problem for a period of time, but eventually the issue would progress to a point that the device was almost unusable. That might happen again with .650, but I can say with confidence that this has been the best so far. I've already been running it for 4 days and I haven't had a single stuttering issue. So far, so good!

09-06-11 10:20 PM

It's now been almost two weeks with no stuttering. Before it was terrible. Now none. And no, I'm not going to revert back to satisfy the naysayers. I'm not trying to prove anything -- just sharing what worked for me. From reading through the thread, it's worked for several people. One saw no benefit. Several just say it's impossible, but of course, they didn't try it. To each his own.
    09-06-11 10:34 PM
    I'm not a nay sayer (well, actually I am. That's exactly how my name sounds). But that simple test would prove once and for all either point.

I'll say it again just in case somebody missed it: I had stutter and now I don't. My stutter was gone long before .650 leaked. Was it a software fix or wear of the membrane?

I'm betting on the later, yet it does not mean they couldn't have tweaked the OS to compensate for the stutter.

I for one would prefer to know for sure... To each their own, right?
    GeorgeRussos likes this.
    09-06-11 11:31 PM
    I'm not a nay sayer (well, actually I am. That's exactly how my name sounds). But that simple test would prove once and for all either point.

I'll say it again just in case somebody missed it: I had stutter and now I don't. My stutter was gone long before .650 leaked. Was it a software fix or wear of the membrane?

I'm betting on the later, yet it does not mean they couldn't have tweaked the OS to compensate for the stutter.

I for one would prefer to know for sure... To each their own, right?
    My thoughts exactly.
    09-07-11 05:37 AM
    Even on previous versions mine would sometimes work "almost ok" and other times stutter like crazy. Maybe differences in temperature and humidity used to make a difference I'm not sure. But since installing 650 a week and a half ago I have had 0 stutter on both mine and my wifes 9780.
    09-07-11 06:37 AM
    Battery watch software is gone a little haywire since the new software update. The battery watch app just shows a number next to battery cell in the display so you know if you got 98% etc 50% for half etc...

Since having the new software on there i noticed the battery app is now displaying wrong info, one second its telling me i have got no power and then next minute I the level has increased from 25% upto 31% !!!
    I amazingly went on 20% power for the whole weekend, the battery got as low as 6% and i still managed to get home and charge the phone without it dieing.

I think the battery watch app isnt inline with the new OS as of yet. it works good but it is not quite there. The new OS on the other hand is amazing.. maybe a bit battery heavy but that could be down to the app i have installed. My work colleague who also has the new software has said his battery life has decreased since the update as well... anyone else think the new OS is heavier on the battery?
    09-07-11 07:36 AM
    Battery watch software...
    This has nothing whatsoever to do with the keypad stuttering being fixed in .650

Try a battery pull, and post your findings in the main .650 thread... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-asia-643059/

09-07-11 07:44 AM
    i dnt have and wnt have a stuttering keyboard and nor am i aware of the "problem" this causes. I just posted here because originally the question was about the .650 software which I had only just installed, so I thought my input would be usefull.
    09-07-11 07:53 AM
    Just to add my 2 cents worth here...........I did the upgrade to .650 about 2 days ago, and I came from my original OS, so it was due for a new version. My findings are that I have NOT had any stuttering issues sincet he upgrade and I've been very impressed. Myabe it is just a coincidence like people are saying, but whatever happened, its working for me. I know its hard to explain, however, I have not changed or done anything different other then upgrade the OS. I will be continueing to follow this thread and see what happens with everyone else.
    09-07-11 11:20 AM
    Day 4. Still stutter free. I am quite pleased and impressed with this OS version. Just saying.....

09-09-11 07:41 AM
    I find it sad that there are those out there with big mouths but few grey cells who find it difficult to imagine how a software update could fix stuttering issues. Guys/girls: it doesn't take a genius. For example, consider how on computers you can set the keyboard repeat delay and speed. This implies to me that once a key is pressed it is continually (or at least extremely rapidly) sending a "pressed" signal. When you set the keyboard repeat delay and speed, you are telling the OS how long to ignore a continual button press and how quickly to translate that continual press into a stream of the same character.

Tellingly, on Blackberries you can set the repeat speed but the delay is up to the OS. So suppose an OS update (in my case at least .600, possibly as far back as .541) caused my 9780 to get the keyboard repeat wrong. For example, perhaps that firmware had a bug where a short but not super-brief keypress was mistranslated into a double keypress, when in fact it should have been short enough not to trigger any repeated character. Or even worse, perhaps the firmware writers actually intended for the keyboard delay to be that short. In any event, because we are typing normal words, we don't hold down the key long enough to realize it may be a keyboard repeat bug (or even worse, the bug only spits out a few extra characters). All we see is just an extra one or two characters, and call it "stutter."

.650 has fixed this for me. Like others have mentioned, the difference is night and day. When I first got my T-Mobile 9780, no stutter. I only got it in the last few firmware versions. Now the stutter is gone and my 9780 is back to the way it was. Lovely.

Anyway, it's just a possible explanation for stutter that seems quite reasonable to me, and which occurred to me instantly when I first got the problem. To all the noobs who think they know everything but couldn't come up with even this simple possible explanation -- you should be ashamed of yourself. Go play with someone your own age: you're just tiring us adults.
    toolop75 likes this.
    09-09-11 04:30 PM
    if your BB stutters, your messages will look like this:

Hhello, I amm here to showw you whaat a stutterinng keypadd will resullt iin.
    Aand. Or likke. This too,n too baaad all of. My contaacts get very confused. And can't understaand what I aam. Saying!

my spacebar stutters alot!
    09-10-11 01:24 PM
    I suppose you can add another one to the heap. Stuttering seems to have completely gone away with .650 update for me.

Mine was getting so bad recently that the suttering appeared in almost every word. Since the update, no stutter as of yet.

09-10-11 02:46 PM
    My 9780 not just stuttered but started to auto-leet-speak for me. It would replace random letters with a symbol that corresponded to the letter. Very frustrating but then I was actually amazed at how smart the replacements were. RIM should patent this glitch!

Replaced phone anyway.
    09-10-11 05:27 PM
    My 9780 not just stuttered but started to auto-leet-speak for me. It would replace random letters with a symbol that corresponded to the letter. Very frustrating but then I was actually amazed at how smart the replacements were. RIM should patent this glitch!

Replaced phone anyway.
    Rofl... 133t B3rry?

Good you managed to replace it.
    09-10-11 06:21 PM
    ok add another one!!!!!!! i just updrade to 650 today and not one stutter thus far. i usually get a stutter everytime i use my keypad. its funny that this os seems to fix this problem because i swore it was a hardware issue... i guess not. to anyone on the fence it is definitely worth the download. my typing on the keyboard feels so much smoother now that i dont have to go back and delete extra letters.
    09-10-11 10:35 PM
    As a software developer I can assure you that code that detects repeated keys within a short timeframe would be easy to implement in the OS. It would then just ignore the repeated character.
    09-11-11 12:21 AM
    As a software developer I can assure you that code that detects repeated keys within a short timeframe would be easy to implement in the OS. It would then just ignore the repeated character.
    It's just too bad they couldn't have figured this out 6 months ago!

09-11-11 10:46 AM
    I am not going to waste anymore breath. This thread shouldn't exist...end of.
    09-11-11 05:02 PM
    I am not going to waste anymore breath. This thread shouldn't exist...end of.
    Your quality trolling is entertaining. I like your determined and stubborn style.

Now I'm gonna get me some of this stutter free .650 goodness. There is enough positive in this thread for me to be convinced. It is also rather obvious to us devs how a software fix could be applied to this issue - as so well described in other posts above.
    09-13-11 05:01 AM
104 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD