I have this problem when using my 3G Network that I cannot access the web, or if on the rare occasion I do it is extremely slow. I've done the usual, Battery pull, remove SIM, cleared the cache, but still not joy.

Any ideas? It is really frustrating!!!
    07-06-11 05:16 AM
    Forgot to say - I access the web via Wi-Fi
    07-06-11 05:34 AM
    Do you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan from your carrier?
    07-06-11 06:33 AM
    I have unlimited data from 3UK
    07-06-11 07:34 AM
    That's not the same Donners. You need a BlackBerry data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 07:37 AM
    So Phil, what is the deal with this plan in the UK and will I have to pay extra for it?
    07-07-11 04:07 AM
    You need special BB data package called BIS if u wanna get the most out of BB. The details can be obtained from your carrier. BTW, you can surf web on generic data (without BIS) also. Only thing is ...you won't be able to get Push email, use FB etc....BB stuffs.
    Check under option/device/advance setting/TCP IP......make sure that you've a right APN setting. You can get this info in following link:

Mobile APN Setting to use GPRS

Can you able to surf on 3g? or just not only on wifi? Sometimes things work on BB by just doing battery pull.
    donners32 likes this.
    07-07-11 05:15 AM
    Thanks Nikesu, I cannot surf on 3g at all, either clicking on a web link or copying it and pasting in to the Browser, but i can surf on Wi-Fi. When i try to access a site via 3g I get the following message,

" A communication failure has occured. The server may be busy, please tyr again later. If th eproblem persists contact your service provider"

I can however access Facebook, email & Twitter clients as well as some 3rd party apps like MLB'11 using the 3G Network.

I have phoned 3UK about this - they haven't got a clue!!!
    07-07-11 01:44 PM
    BlackBerry data plan, BIS, Bolt-On, BIS plan, BlackBerry Bolt-on.

Try these keywords, one of these should trigger their brain.
    07-07-11 06:12 PM
    @Donner
    Looks like APN setting problem. Since your carrier is 3UK…..Do the following:

1)Go to Option/Device/Advance setting setting/TCP IP……Put the following cellular data:

2)Cellular Data
    Check "Apn setting Enabled"
    APN: three.co.uk
    Check "Apn Authentication Enabled"
    Username: (leave blank)
    Password: (leave blank)

After that save the settings. Remove the battery and reboot. Hopefully your browser should work on 3g/edge/gprs.
    donners32 likes this.
    07-08-11 12:08 AM
    That sorted the problem nikesu!!! Thanks very much... Even 3uk couldn't solve the problem!!
    07-12-11 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD