Hi guys i am really stuck on this, i have tried everything i can find on this and was hoping someone has a fix.
    Took my 9900 off of charge this morning and its stuck in a constant reboot with a black screen and slow blinking red led, when i try and restore on apploader it fails at the reconecting jvm screen.
    I have tried with and without the battery in, done a 10 min battery pull, tried with BBSAK and it will not connect, DM will not do it either, also tried different OS's. anyone with any ideas?

AJ
    11-07-11 09:32 AM
    It's a timing thing...

Get loader.exe up and running.
    You should be at the screen where it wants you to pick a device (pin)
    You can't click Next because it's greyed out (since there is no phone attached)
    Take the battery out of your phone.
    Connect it to the USB on your computer.
    Put the battery back in and the phone will begin to boot
    Keep your eye on the computer screen
    At the very second you see the device pop up, "Next" should now be un-greyed and you can click it
    Click Next! And hopefully it will start reloading the software.

Like I said, it's a timing thing..I had to do this about 4 times before it finally started loading the software.
    11-07-11 09:38 AM
    tried this and it does not work it reloads the software and then gets stuck at reconnecting to jvm
    11-07-11 09:45 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...screen-660992/

crossing fingers this is not what is going on with yours
    11-07-11 09:56 AM
    11-07-11 10:19 AM
    you need to put the battery back in to have the jvm connection
    11-07-11 10:26 AM
    i found a fix, i got a new one now i have a 9900 looking paper weight
    Last edited by aj9604; 11-07-11 at 12:24 PM.
    Kaffian Fortune likes this.
    11-07-11 12:22 PM
    you need to put the battery back in to have the jvm connection
    That does NOT work. I spoke to RIM today and went through the entire process with a level 2 tech for over an hour, with the same results as I got yesterday.

In conclusion to my case, I have a brick that can only be fixed by RIM or one of its authorized service centers.

the OP has the same issue as I did.

I did this myself yesterday - see my posts here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...k-pile-667741/
    11-07-11 12:35 PM
    This is bad news. I hope you get a new one quickly.
    11-07-11 01:43 PM
    I hope RIM admits/realizes there's a big problem with these phones and fixes it. A lot of people have said this has happend when the battery got too low and are thinking there's a bug where the phone still thinks the battery is too low to turn back on so it just turns off. Mine bricked yesterday after my battery was low, but I was able to charge it half full before it bricked, and the battery has drained previously without problem. Hopefully RIM finds a solution.
    11-07-11 05:52 PM
    What do you mean by chargingif half before bricking it? You mean your BB charged but anyway it bricked?
    If the battery goes too low it should use it's protection circuit rendering the battery useless. So the solution should be to replace the battery not the whole phone.. Very strange issue/bug.
    11-08-11 02:10 AM
    There is no fixing the device when this happens. In the past we have been able to un-brick them but in this specific issue you can't. A replacement under warranty is needed. It's happened to three of my users and me
    11-08-11 07:25 AM
    holy cow...so 4 of your 9930 have been bricked already? how many total you have there?
    11-08-11 07:39 AM
    What do you mean by chargingif half before bricking it? You mean your BB charged but anyway it bricked?
    If the battery goes too low it should use it's protection circuit rendering the battery useless. So the solution should be to replace the battery not the whole phone.. Very strange issue/bug.

I could be wrong, but believe it's software in the device that dictates when the phone. Should shut itself down due to a low battery. If that is what's caught in a loop, replacing the battery would not help. You'd need to reload the OS (which we know isn't possible...)
    11-08-11 08:15 AM
    I could be wrong, but believe it's software in the device that dictates when the phone. Should shut itself down due to a low battery. If that is what's caught in a loop, replacing the battery would not help. You'd need to reload the OS (which we know isn't possible...)
    You should be wrong there should be a protection circuit to avoid short circuit in the battery itself (see the chapter Over-discharging Lithium-ion). So basically I thought that the battery being so low that the battery is shutdown by its protection circuit. Hence changing the battery could have brought the phone back to life. But it looks like the phone needs to be exchanged.
    wonda242 likes this.
    11-08-11 08:31 AM
    You should be wrong there should be a protection circuit to avoid short circuit in the battery itself (see the chapter Over-discharging Lithium-ion). So basically I thought that the battery being so low that the battery is shutdown by its protection circuit. Hence changing the battery could have brought the phone back to life. But it looks like the phone needs to be exchanged.
    From the article you posted: Over-discharging Lithium-ion

"Li-ion should never be discharged too low, and there are several safeguards to prevent this from happening. The equipment cuts off when the battery discharges to about 3.0V/cell, stopping the current flow. If the discharge continues to about 2.70V/cell or lower, the battery�s protection circuit puts the battery into a sleep mode. This renders the pack unserviceable and a recharge with most chargers is not possible. To prevent a battery from falling asleep, apply a partial charge before a long storage period."

In this case the "equipment" is the phone itself, which will shut off when the battery get too low. If this doesn't happen, then the battery protection circuit kicks in - which will kill the battery. This is not the case with the bricking issue, because people are still able to re-charge their batteries! It is the phone that is locked in a restart (as though it constantly thinks the battery is to low to turn on...).
    11-08-11 09:55 AM
    In this case the "equipment" is the phone itself, which will shut off when the battery get too low. If this doesn't happen, then the battery protection circuit kicks in - which will kill the battery. This is not the case with the bricking issue, because people are still able to re-charge their batteries! It is the phone that is locked in a restart (as though it constantly thinks the battery is to low to turn on...).
    You are right the equipment is the phone. Which is far better than killing the battery. But I thought this was the battery. Because how do those people charge their battery with their dead phone? How do they see the battery meter? Except for those who have an external charger like me or a spare battery.. Anyway it seems more practical to have the phone exchanged.

Those who have had their phone exchanged? Have you had your battery exchanged too?
    11-08-11 10:03 AM
    Same thing happened to me ...
    11-09-11 10:11 AM
    F me.

So what the do I do now?
    12-23-11 11:16 PM
    F me.

So what the do I do now?
    Why don't you try leaked OS 7.1, which rumor to fixed the continuously reboot problem
    12-23-11 11:21 PM
    I've been following this forum for awhile and saw most bricked BB are Verizon BB Bold 9930. Very few AT&T 9900 reported bricked.

I thought both phones are practically the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-11 11:45 PM
    Same issue here. Sad because I love this phone but this is really messed up. What's worse is that I paid full price for a new phone yet to take it back I would a get a used one. Amazing how that is considering I pay so much for insurance for the phone.

Extremely frustrating
    12-29-11 08:34 PM
    any luck yet?
    01-15-12 10:07 PM
    HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!! is there any known fix for this as yet. I run through all the steps in trying to unbrick a phone and no matter how quickly I hit the next button my phone does not come out of the rebooting cycle however it works untill reconnecting JVM. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    01-27-12 08:55 PM
    Please oh great and glorious BlackBerry God fix this problem before it hits me!
    01-27-12 09:08 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD