Hi all. This is a long post but I think it's worth it. This took place yesterday and I am curious if anyone has done some the same. I was very surprised by the results and would love to hear any input from anyone. Thanks!

skyjackal 05:19 PM Today -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]

Think I'll give this a try right now. Currently have wifi open, installed 266 yesterday and have 35.32mb of app memory available. Here we go..
    --------------------
    skyjackal 05:38 PM Today -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]

Originally Posted by skyjackal:
    Think I'll give this a try right now. Currently have wifi open, installed 266 yesterday and have 35.32mb of app memory available. Here we go...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

This is kind of crazy. I started with 35.32 mb of memory and started opening apps. I just checked and I have 31.52mb available with the following open:
    Hourly Chime
    SignalLoc
    A Word document
    Bold clock
    Beyond 411
    Bold calendar
    Bold camera
    Bold contacts
    Slacker
    TellMe
    MaraTick
    Google Maps
    BBFileScout
    Brickbreaker
    Memo Pad
    Mobipocket Reader
    Bold media player with a movie open
    GoogleSync
    Texas Hold 'em
    Options

That's 26 icons showing when I hit the app switcher. Oooh. Just got a popup asking if I want to update Slacker. There is definitely lag when switching apps but no freezing, plenty of available memory left. Does that make sense? Gonna keep at it. Anyone have any input? : ).
    --------------------
    skyjackal 05:48 PM Today -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]

Just opened the following in addition to the ones listed above. This brought my app memory down to 29.81:

Amazegps
    Fmylife
    Weathereye
    Aerize
    BBLight (active)
    Starry Night
    SheetToGo
    Password Keeper

Wow. Typing at the moment is definitely getting more and more sluggish. Let's see what else I can add...
    --------------------
    skyjackal 05:56 PM Today -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]

I think the end is near. I'm now at 21.77 mb with 37 icons showing in the app switcher. The clock is starting to go a little crazy and the phone is reeeeally starting to lag big time. But I can still post and I'm still getting my Aerize email alerts. Gonna make a phone call and see what ekse I can do. Just added:

Coin Toss
    Tasks
    Voice Notes Recorder
    BB App World
    --------------------
    skyjackal 06:11 PM Today -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]

stevefo, I do not have viigo, unfortunately! : ) Just opened:

Sudoku
    Profiles
    Berry Labyrinth

Also made a phone call which went through, BerryBuzz is working and still getting Aerize alerts. At this moment, my app memory free (using QuickLaunch, btw) is reading 19.99 with 40 icons showing in app switcher. Ilm completely surprised! One thing I noticed is that my battery is draining very quickly. I've lost about a quarter tank since I started opening apps. I think I'm done. Anyone else testing?
    --------------------
    skyjackal 06:34 PM Today -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]

On the road right now. Just switched from wifi to internet browser. Also sent and received an email between accounts and just received a voicemail. App memory is down to 17.42. Pulled off the back cove and the battery feels a little warm but not hot. Dying to pull it. I probably should soon.
    --------------------
    skyjackal 06:34 PM Today -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]

Last one here - just made a call using bluetooth!

04-20-09 10:54 PM
    Sounds like it about to lock up but I think that it will reset it seld befor that.

04-20-09 11:02 PM
    Sounds like it about to lock up but I think that it will reset it seld befor that.

No, it didn't reset or lockup but the battery was getting warm so I pulled it.
    04-20-09 11:03 PM
    Sorry about the double post!
    04-20-09 11:12 PM
    Awesome I have the same os and got the same amount of free memory (about the same that is)

04-20-09 11:29 PM
    did it spontaneously combust after that?
    04-20-09 11:41 PM
    Haha. Nope. That's what was so surprising. It was working fine, albeit slow and laggy.

04-20-09 11:52 PM
    Wow , too many apps for me !!

Good info , Thanks ^^
    06-17-09 12:02 PM
    Haha. Yeah, I don't think I'll be doing that again! : )

06-17-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD