Hi guys
    Just a quick question. Wondering if there is any setting in the Blackberry Bold 9000 to enable me to use the Wifi/Edge/edge/GPRS over the WAP for streaming videos?

I just got my bill for the previous month and noticed that they are charging me for some browsing data that i can identify as streaming videos from youtube over the video player.

Anyway to get that to happen over the Blackberry services (which are a monthly unlimited thing for me at a fixed cost)

Thanks in advance
    06-10-09 06:36 AM
    Go to Main menu - manage connections - select wifi and create a profile for your wifi. once profile is created. Go to your browser and switch browser to Blackberry browser. Please do not use WAP or Internet browser *** this is chargeable. For browsing using WIFI go to Browser - Press menu key - options - general settings- browser - Hotspot/ blackberry browser. Then enjoy as data comes from the Wifi network even though there will be EDGE / GPRS / 3G as your network.
    06-10-09 12:26 PM
    Hi Sidharth
    That i have already done man. What i am curious about is that for streaming videos directly from youtube or something, its using the bandwidth from the WAP browser. Atleast thats what it seems like when I checked my bill for the month out.

There's goto be a way to override the settings and make sure that the "streaming videos" from various websites that automatically open with the video player stream using the EDGE/edge/GPRS network as opposed to the WAP network.

Anyone know how to get that to happen?
    06-10-09 11:55 PM
    Bump for some attention.
    Just curious is there is anyway that I can automatically disable to phone from accessing WAP data cause i am being charged additionally for that.

Why wont it use the EDGE/GPRS network for the streaming videos from Youtube?
    06-12-09 02:12 AM
    Bump for some attention.
    Just curious is there is anyway that I can automatically disable to phone from accessing WAP data cause i am being charged additionally for that.
    for me, i have the browser set to prompt me before switching to wap for streaming media. under the general properties of the browser options.
    06-12-09 02:47 AM
    That works. But anyway to force the BB to use EDGE/GPRS for the streaming media as against WAP?
    06-12-09 05:09 AM
    For everyone who's keen, i got sent this link by the Blackberry guys

View Document
    06-15-09 12:55 AM
    Why not just use an app like "Vision for Youtube" it seems to work fine for me with no additional charges...
    06-15-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD