Hi CB. i would like to start by saying i have search loads, but nothing close. so... my carrier wants to bill me for wap usage, but i'm on BIS. so my only conclusion is that when streaming video or audio such as Youtube or Moodio, it is connecting via my vodafone wap settings. Any way to set the media player to use BIS instead of wap? thanks and sorry if there is a post that i couldn't find on this same issue.

Jared
    06-30-09 04:43 PM
    no one have any ideas for me?
    06-30-09 09:28 PM
    Hi CB. i would like to start by saying i have search loads, but nothing close. so... my carrier wants to bill me for wap usage, but i'm on BIS. so my only conclusion is that when streaming video or audio such as Youtube or Moodio, it is connecting via my vodafone wap settings. Any way to set the media player to use BIS instead of wap? thanks and sorry if there is a post that i couldn't find on this same issue.

Jared
    hi mate,

as far as i know if you open the Youtube from your "Blackberry Browser" and not from your carrier browser than it should be on your BIS

hope this help
    06-30-09 09:39 PM
    hi mate,

as far as i know if you open the Youtube from your "Blackberry Browser" and not from your carrier browser than it should be on your BIS

hope this help
    thanks we3za, but i only use the BB browser. i have a seperate launcher for the vodafone browser, but it's hidden and i've never opened it. one month i stopped using all streaming apps and sites. no extra data bill, but i used it this month again and the same story. Wap charges.
    06-30-09 09:49 PM
    what type of BIS plan you have?

is it the unlimited BIS plan
    06-30-09 11:02 PM
    in Aust, vodafone doesn't let you use more than 3000kb in one session (in the T&C) even if you have a so called "unlimited" BIS plan. streaming almost always goes over so they will charge you for that
    06-30-09 11:16 PM
    in Aust, vodafone doesn't let you use more than 3000kb in one session (in the T&C) even if you have a so called "unlimited" BIS plan. streaming almost always goes over so they will charge you for that
    thanks for that mate, i just know about it

i never read the small print on the agreement
    07-01-09 01:50 AM
    what type of BIS plan you have?

is it the unlimited BIS plan
    yeah unlimited, but they say i shouldn't be charged. i ran up a bill 2 months ago of US $120 on "wap" browsing in other words using Stitcher was using vodafone instead of BIS. Oh nikolous i know what you're talking about... here it's only 2000kb per session. have to clear cache and history then it starts loading again. Lame... but i phoned them today and tested stitcher and within 10min they had records of me using wap and i had only been on stitcher for 2min. not so stoked at the moment. thanks for the help so far guys.
    07-01-09 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD