Hi.
    Bold 9780 trackpad stopped working. After removing the battery and blowing air at the trackpad, it started working. Then is stopped a day later.
    Every day or so I have to do the same thing. It got annoying so I replaced the pad, but the same thing happens.
    Blowing (compressed) air fixes it for a day or so.

Any thoughts.???
    04-07-13 12:58 PM
    The compressed air is propelled by some gas/propellent, may be causing trouble due to the propellents properties
    04-08-13 05:21 AM
    The compressed air is not from a can, it's from a 'pancake compressor' the kind used for a nailing gun so there's no gas or other chemicals. I set it at a low PSI so I don't blow off any keys (just in case).. I was trying to say that after taking out the battery, the SIM, the flash, I blow the air directly on the trackpad for about 30 seconds; then put all the components back, power it up and it works.. Then it stops several hours later. I'm 100% certain that it's not the trackpad that'sthe problem as I replaced it with a new one, and used the old one in on another BOLD. So.. how can blowing air onto the trackpad make it work for a short period of time??
    04-08-13 05:18 PM
    Could it be that the contacts on the motherboard need cleaning?
    04-15-13 01:22 AM
    Will be trying that as last resort when there is time. Figure rubbing alcohol would be best from what I've read here.
    05-13-13 01:31 PM
    yea... all the best though! hope it gets better with that; and you don't mess up with anything.. :P
    05-14-13 11:15 AM