I have a Contact to who I have assigned a Custom Ring Tone ~ a small MP3 file.

Sometimes when they call, their name appears on my Bold screen along with the Custom Ring Tone playing.

At other times just their number appears in my screen with the default ring for the Active Profile.

Their Contact Name appears with a check mark against it in the Active Profile Exception List which should force their Name & Ring Tone so does anyone know why when they call their details are not constant.

My wife has a Curve set up in a similar way but she does not suffer with the same problem?

Thanks.
    06-11-09 12:06 PM
    Hi,
    Cracked it.

Just in case anyone else has the same problem and wondered why it happened, it was down to the fact that I have my Bold set to Security Timeout after 10 minutes.

When not locked, my Custom MP3 Ringtone and Caller ID etc. work as desired ~ great.

When locked, the Ringtone reverts to the base Ringtone setting for a given Active Profile and only ithe number of the incoming call with no Contact name displayed.

I now have my Bold set that the Custom Ringtone/Caller ID work will funtion even when locked by selecting Options|Security Options|General Settings|Content Protection|Disabled.

When Enabled, causes my original problem.

Probably documented somewhere but never managed to find it.
    Last edited by Griffmaster; 06-25-09 at 08:50 AM.
    06-25-09 08:24 AM
    ...nicely found! The content protection is really not needed if you have a password set on your device.

Oh, and have Bluetooth discovery off, too. Only turn that on when you're trying to add a new device.
    06-25-09 08:32 AM
    You could also set Options|Security Options|General Settings|Content Protection|Enabled and then set Contacts to NO and the name and ringtone will happen as wanted.
    06-25-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD