On several occasions I cant seem to scroll up or down with either Swiping the screen or the Trackpad while reading an SMS. Battery Pull works, but then It happens all over again. Odd...

has anyone else had this problem?!
    tina374 likes this.
    09-15-11 03:02 PM
    Me too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-16-11 10:01 AM
    You can use a third party SMS app like ebuddy or CrubchSMS
    09-16-11 10:03 AM
    Yes I experienced this problem too.
    09-16-11 10:34 AM
    Well Im glad it wasnt just me. Musst be a software issue then. Hopefully t mobile will update the OS Next year (pfft) like they did with the Bold™ 9700.
    09-16-11 10:50 AM
    Try adding that contact to your bbm and text from there, it work for me.
    09-16-11 01:24 PM
    When I access a text message from the main messages folder, or the Text messages folder, I cannot scroll up.

When I access the same text message from BBM (where I have all of my SMS contacts), then I can scroll no problem.

Because of this I have stopped integrating my SMS messages in my main message folder.

It took me awhile to get used to not having everything go into my main messages folder, but now I kind of prefer it. All of my separate email accounts go into my main message folder, and my SMS/BBM go into the BlackBerry Messenger folder.
    09-16-11 01:41 PM
    Me 2- happens sometimes- but overall I love this phone-

09-16-11 02:52 PM
    Haven't seen it. Hmmmm.. Anything I can do to try and replicate it?
    09-16-11 03:09 PM
    Thank you for posting this. I've gone through 8 phones due to this issue. Sprint assumed it was a bad file being transferred but in the end after talking to blackberry they say its a software issue. Blackberry said they will only do a software update if enough people report its an issue. So if its happening to you I would report it to your carrier or blackberry.
    shlee and tina374 like this.
    09-18-11 01:02 AM
    I get this issue sometimes. Noticed its only in SMS and no where else scrolling wise. Hopefully a update will fix this soon.
    tina374 likes this.
    09-18-11 01:31 AM
    same issue... soft reset fixed it
    09-18-11 01:40 AM
    Verizon Wireless... 9930. Yes, that has happened to me too on more than one occasion. Only mildly annoying. Sometimes I can get the scroll working by just exiting the SMS reader app and then opening it again. Doesn't always require a reboot. I'm very glad to find out it's not just my phone
    09-18-11 08:20 AM
    I also experienced this issue on more than one occassion with a VZW 9930 running stock x.254 OS. Returned the phone due to other issues (call volume, clarity, etc.). Given that VZW is probably going to sit on OS updates (likely because most, if not all, of the 9930 updates enable NFC), I doubt VZW users will see a patch before the QNX-based phones start showing up.

Best of luck to those who call in to VZW/RIM to complain, though... This is yet-another bug that should have been resolved before the OS was submitted for carrier approval.
    09-18-11 01:17 PM
    Running .353 firmware and i dont have this scrolling issue...
    09-18-11 01:32 PM
    I have the same problem!!!!! Please HELP!
    09-20-11 12:05 AM
    Thank you for posting this. I've gone through 8 phones due to this issue. Sprint assumed it was a bad file being transferred but in the end after talking to blackberry they say its a software issue. Blackberry said they will only do a software update if enough people report its an issue. So if its happening to you I would report it to your carrier or blackberry.
    8 phones???? and you didn't have the sense to understand its a software not hardware issue? wow...
    09-20-11 02:05 PM
    So judging by the reply's I went ahead and contacted both my carrier and RIM. Hopefully development gets to the bottom of this. I also provided a link to this Thread. So if any other Carriers experience this issue. Now would be the time to document.

I did however Reconcile for all messages to be in one folder. If this is an issue, reversal would clear up the situation. And yet its still happening after batt pull. *sigh*
    09-20-11 04:19 PM
    8 phones???? and you didn't have the sense to understand its a software not hardware issue? wow...

Well that's nice of you. Like I said , SPRINT told me to switch out. I told them that I thought it was a software issue. And they assumed that. But if you really must know, I was having actual hardware issues with it, and got it resolved by switching out. So that's why I went through 8 phones. I was simply stating that those 8 phones had the same issue and was letting the person know what I found out.
    09-24-11 06:33 PM
    ...pain in the tush!
    10-21-11 02:32 PM
    Hello,

I was experiencing the same issue with my Blackberry from Boost Mobile (Virgin Mobile). I have a Blackberry Curve 9310. Check out this link here: 9360 - Unable to Scroll with Text Messages - BlackBerry Support Community Forums. Following the advice from that page worked for me. Simply take the battery out while the phone is powered on. Wait for 1 minute and re-insert the battery. This forces the device to reset and all is working properly again! Hopefully this fix keeps the phone scrolling properly so I don't have to keep pulling the battery out and resetting the device (that would be horrible). Either way, this has resolved the issue for now so I'm happy.

Have a great day all!

Cheers~
    04-07-13 12:16 AM
    That kind of thing never happened to me. Well,just use crunchSMS or other third party sms applications

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-07-13 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD