Last night I was charging my phone and it was almost fully charged. I uninstalled an app and then restarted the phone before plugging it in for the last time and going to bed. When I did, it was on and charging. I woke up and to my dismay, I was late for class because the alarm hadn't went off. When I looked at the phone it was off and when I pushed the End button, it did not turn on. After doing a battery pull it turned on, the wrong alarm tone went off, and the battery is at 25%. It had been plugged in all night.

Anyone have any ideas?
    07-29-11 08:28 AM
    Don't know why it would have shut off while it was charging unless it detected a problem with the battery and shut down to protect itself.

I suspect that the battery is charged more than 25% and it's just reporting the battery charge at the time the device shutdown. You can try reseting the battery meter by removing the battery, plug the device in to the charger and then insert the battery. Let the device to fully boot up before removing it from the charger and then the correct battery meter should be displayed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD