I'm really fed up with the Blackberry browser. After reading many posts on the forums about which browser to use, I understand that using the Internet Browser, rather than the Hotspot browswer or the MediaNet Browser, is the best option because it will utilize WIFI when available as well as run on the Mobile network when WIFI is not available.

My problem is that when I go into Browser configuration, it shows that it is on the MediaNet browser and if I change it to Internet Browser or Hotspot browser, it simply reverts back to MediaNet! I've made sure its not a matter of me neglecting to save changes. I thought it may be because of my custom theme, but i've tried it on several themes and still won't let me change. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by weaselnoze; 06-29-09 at 03:08 PM. Reason: neglected info
    06-29-09 03:07 PM
    Options>Advanced Options>Browser. Set default to Internet Browser.
    06-29-09 03:09 PM
    thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!
    06-29-09 03:42 PM
    What OS are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 03:58 PM
    Options>Advanced Options>Browser. Set default to Internet Browser.
    I have a similar question to what the OP asked. I am running OS .247, and I can't get any other choices besides MediaNet and Hotspot, even following the above. My home page is always MediaNet, and I can't change it.
    Any advice?
    06-29-09 05:04 PM
    Login into your BIS and resend the service books.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    06-29-09 05:09 PM
    i checked again and i wasnt able to fix it under advanced options.

it stays on Internet browser until i visit a page and it reverts back to media net...
    06-29-09 05:50 PM
    Login into your BIS and resend the service books.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    That worked. Thanks!
    06-29-09 06:34 PM
    what the heck. did i do it wrong or something? i just went to the BIS site and sent the service books. I know they made it to the phone because a few things got moved around but am i supposed to do anything else? i tried changing the browser after i resent the books, but same thing happened.
    06-29-09 08:50 PM
    any thoughts? my BB is useless this way
    06-30-09 01:25 PM
    This may be dumb, but I have noticed on some custom themes, the icons for MediaNet & Browser look identical. Are you sure you are opening the browser and not MediaNet?
    06-30-09 01:30 PM
    Hide the friggin MediaNet.
    06-30-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD