After years of service I was finally completely irritated with the pricing for ATT. So I ditched my ATT service and got Straight Talk. So far I have been happy with the service. Although, not so satisfied with my new E71. I unlocked my bold last year because I am required to travel abroad for work. In any case. My Straight Talk sim works fine in my bold to TXT and CALL but data seems to be another issue. I was wondering if there was a way to get the DATA to work on my Blackberry?
    Last edited by nmahadkar; 01-03-11 at 08:23 AM.
    01-03-11 08:21 AM
    Not without an active BlackBerry data plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 08:27 AM
    I am not expert but have been reading up some. Is it possible through WAP?
    01-03-11 08:34 AM
    I am not expert but have been reading up some. Is it possible through WAP?
    Still requires a data plan, I couldn't even do it via wap without it.

01-03-11 10:12 AM
    Sorry I forgot to mentions this but the service has unlimited DATA service.
    01-03-11 11:48 AM
    Does it have BlackBerry data though? That is the important part. The service books are sent to the phone, which allow the phone to be used to its fullest. Without those, you are stuck where you are right now, with a phone that half works.

Just browsed the Straight Talk website, and there is no mention of any BlackBerry device or data plan available. I cannot find anything on Google about it, so my guess is that it simply will not work.
    Last edited by Heavy Fluid; 01-03-11 at 12:43 PM.
    01-03-11 12:38 PM
    StraightTalk does not have BB support. I believe the only prepaid company that does in the US is T-Mobile.

01-03-11 01:36 PM
    StraightTalk does not have BB support. I believe the only prepaid company that does in the US is T-Mobile.

Virgin Mobile too.

01-03-11 01:52 PM
    As stated, you'll need to go with T-Mobile regular plan if you want a BIS or BES plan, which are needed to get what you desire and the full capabilities of your device.
    01-03-11 04:12 PM
    ive read that modifying the service books is the way to go. if anyone is interested ill post a link for instructions. so far only data, but no MMS.
    06-22-11 03:06 AM
    I bought a verizon blackberry 9650. It is unlocked. Can I modify the service books to get it to work on Straight talk? Do you still have the link for it?

Thanks
    09-23-11 09:52 PM
    If you have a GSM blackberry, you can sign up with simplemobile. They are a new prepaid MVNO that runs on the T-Mobile network and they support BB
    09-23-11 11:19 PM
    you can have data on your blacberry with straight talk, i have my blackberry bold 9000 and the internet is working, just bb messenger, mms, DO NOT WORK.
    just go to this website and follow the instrucions www.bb.anworm.com
    11-07-11 12:29 PM
    After years of service I was finally completely irritated with the pricing for ATT. So I ditched my ATT service and got Straight Talk. So far I have been happy with the service. Although, not so satisfied with my new E71. I unlocked my bold last year because I am required to travel abroad for work. In any case. My Straight Talk sim works fine in my bold to TXT and CALL but data seems to be another issue. I was wondering if there was a way to get the DATA to work on my Blackberry?
    you can have data on your blacberry with straight talk, i have my blackberry bold 9000 and the internet is working, just bb messenger, mms, DO NOT WORK.
    just go to this website and follow the instrucions www.bb.anworm.com
    11-07-11 12:31 PM
    I can't seem to find the instructions on bb.anworm.com. I have a verizon 9650 with BB OS6 and I downloaded the ATT service books to it. But, I can't seem to find the right settings to get the Straight Talk data working on the phone. If you have any directions on how you got it working I would be very greatful.
    10-02-12 11:48 PM
    I can't seem to find the instructions on bb.anworm.com. I have a verizon 9650 with BB OS6 and I downloaded the ATT service books to it. But, I can't seem to find the right settings to get the Straight Talk data working on the phone. If you have any directions on how you got it working I would be very greatful.
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

The 9650 operates on CDMA frequencies natively. It is a "world phone" however the GSM/HSPA bands it uses are not the same used by US carriers.

Have you tried using the Browser over Wi-Fi?
    Have you tried locating Verizon or Sprint service books for the 9650?

Not to be ignorant and state the bleedin' obvious, but the easiest thing is just to have a BB data (aka BIS) plan from a carrier, and use a BB they support.
    As stated above, T-Mo and Virgin USA have pay-as-you-go plans for BB, if a contract isn't your thing.
    10-04-12 01:42 PM
    ive read that modifying the service books is the way to go. if anyone is interested ill post a link for instructions. so far only data, but no MMS.
    Hi there, I'm very interested in learning how to do this. I really want a blackberry bold and I have straight talk service but I need it to be able to go online. Any instructions would be helpful.
    12-17-12 09:02 PM
    You are not going to be able to "go online" on a BlackBerry on Straight Talk.

You need a carrier that supports BlackBerry specific data. Straight Talk does not support it.
    12-17-12 09:14 PM
    Please post the link. Thanks
    08-29-13 10:29 PM
    UPDATE:

Just verified that Simple Mobile does indeed support Blackberry. They are a Tmobile MVMO reseller.
    11-23-14 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD